MLV App 1.14 - All in one MLV Video Post Processing App [Windows, Mac and Linux]

Started by ilia3101, July 08, 2017, 10:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bouncyball

Quote from: 50mm1200s on May 20, 2018, 12:55:33 PM
Ok. Well, while I try to select a new clip it has a big latency (~10s) until I'm finally able to change settings for this file.
Yes, last imported MLV or double clicked one is parsed fully, others parsed only with preview mode's fast method. 10sec+ sometimes needed for big MLVs and when they are on non SSD HDDs.

If you need loading and processing the same dirs several times, you can turn on the .MAPP (MLV App map) file support (check "Menu/File/Create MAPP Files"). This works like .IDX for mlvfs or .MRX for mlrawviewer. On 1st full parse of MLV, MAPP file for this clip will be created and all subsequential access to this same clip will be a lot more faster. You can always turn this feature off and delete all *.MAPP files.

Quote from: 50mm1200s on May 20, 2018, 12:55:33 PM
It was a bit annoying, because I had about 40 mlv files and, even though I copied the first clip settings to all the other 39, I had to adjust the exposure manually...
This is weird (never experienced it) and seems like a bug... Needs checking... hey @masc could this be the case? :)

Regards
bb

masc

Quote from: bouncyball on May 20, 2018, 06:12:10 PM
This is weird (never experienced it) and seems like a bug... Needs checking... hey @masc could this be the case? :)
Sry, can't reproduce. (In the last two weeks I recorded 525 MLVs (550GB), so I can test MLVApp with huuuuge sessions. But copy/paste two all clips with some changes was latency free and working) ;)
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

qqqavi

QuoteIn Premiere Pro CC the .dng from MLVApp needs a while to play and it's slower however .dng from MLVRaw Viewer plays smoothly.

Has anyone experienced this?

escho

https://sternenkarten.com/
600D, 6D, openSUSE Tumbleweed

masc

Quote from: escho on May 23, 2018, 06:27:16 PM
Linux static builds for ffmpeg are back again: http://www.ffmpeg.org/download.html#build-linux
Cool. Which version do you recommend? ffmpeg-release-64bit-static.tar.xz ?
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

escho

masc

You'll find it in the repos now. Use svn if you don't want to download all the big package every time... ;)

svn co https://github.com/ilia3101/MLV-App.git/trunk <folderOnYourDisk>

This checks out the whole repos. After this is done you'll never have to load all again! Now in the project folder do just:

svn up

This only loads the few changed bits and bytes from your last svn update/checkout to the actual revision...
After having unpacked the ffmpeg, did you copy it to the application directory? Maybe we can add this to the .pro file!?
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Danne

interesting with svn up. What´s the difference from let´s say hg pull, hg update or git pull?

masc

Quote from: Danne on May 23, 2018, 09:47:54 PM
interesting with svn up. What´s the difference from let´s say hg pull, hg update or git pull?
That may be more or less the same, just with another versioning tool. I always used svn since many years... I saw that github allows using it as well, so I did it. And it works fine! ;) There are also apps as svnX for macOS or TortoiseSVN on Win, which offer a GUI. Very easy to use...
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Petter Sand

Hi! I just tried to export prores 4444 on my Mac Pro (Sierra 10.13.3) it was about 30 files. Tried different settings like fix bad pixel and vertical stripes.
But the MLV app (0.15) crashes after a few seconds under "prepare to export".  The MLV files are on a compact flash card when I tri to export.
It crashes also when I just import one MLV file and then try to export. I also did restart my computer. I also tried the 0.14 version of the MLV app.
Thankful for help.

Best regards
Petter

Danne

masc

Quote from: Petter Sand on May 24, 2018, 12:01:06 AM
Hi! I just tried to export prores 4444 on my Mac Pro (Sierra 10.13.3) it was about 30 files. Tried different settings like fix bad pixel and vertical stripes.
But the MLV app (0.15) crashes after a few seconds under "prepare to export".  The MLV files are on a compact flash card when I tri to export.
It crashes also when I just import one MLV file and then try to export. I also did restart my computer. I also tried the 0.14 version of the MLV app.
Thankful for help.

Best regards
Petter
Could you please upload one of these MLV files? That could help debugging! Thx.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Danne

I tried enabling dualiso on this file but it turns completely black(eosm)?
https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/magic-lantern/downloads/M24-0848_10frames.MLV

Filmed wth sd_uhs enabled, maybe has something to do with it?

wety67e

Hi
MLV App is a great app but a i have a problem.
Why doesn't Dxo photolab read these dng Files??
Is possible hack with exiftool??

Thanks

masc

Quote from: Danne on May 24, 2018, 09:49:53 AM
I tried enabling dualiso on this file but it turns completely black(eosm)?
https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/magic-lantern/downloads/M24-0848_10frames.MLV

Filmed wth sd_uhs enabled, maybe has something to do with it?
@bouncyball: dualiso was your child... may you have a look at it? For me all is black too (in Amaze parts of the window are pink)...

Quote from: wety67e on May 24, 2018, 10:15:51 AM
Hi
MLV App is a great app but a i have a problem.
Why doesn't Dxo photolab read these dng Files??
Is possible hack with exiftool??

Thanks
Did you try another application, Resolve, Adobe or something else? Can't help with Dxo products... Can you upload a MLV which causes this problems (or some frames of it, you can cut via MLVApp and export as MLV again)?
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

masc

New version is out now for OSX and Win32, Win64 will follow as soon as bouncyball finds time to compile and upload it:

-Shadows & Highlights is now multithreaded
-Audio for AVFoundation export (macOS only)
-Update checker (checks once a day if there is a new version out)
-Post export scripting on macOS including first two scripts (thx @dannephoto)
-DualISO: Bugfix for 12bit and less
-Bugfix for file names with ä, ö, ü, ß, ...
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

andy kh

downloaded n test the win32, working great so far. waiting for the win64
5D Mark III - 70D

escho

Quote from: masc on May 23, 2018, 09:21:26 PM

After having unpacked the ffmpeg, did you copy it to the application directory? Maybe we can add this to the .pro file!?

Yes, I extract ffmpeg*tar.xz, using ark, and copy the ffmpeg-bin-file to the bin-folder in my home-directory. But it would be fine, if I woudn´t have to do this manually.

In /bin/bash I use this syntax to extract only the bin-file of ffmpeg to $HOME:
tar -C $HOME/bin -xvJf ffmpeg*.tar.xz --strip=1 --wildcards */ffmpeg
Not sure, how to add this to the .pro file. I will play a bit this weekend and tell you my results.

Erik Krause

Downloaded and tested the 0.16. While it opens and processes MLVs from my EOS 5D ok, it doesn't work at all with MLVs from my son's 700D (which open fine in mlrawviewer). If I try to import these files from the menu MLV App crashes immediately, if I drag them from explorer they appear in the session list but nothing happens. This is 64bit windows 10 pro with all updates, 16 GB RAM. MLV App 0.15 64bit behaves the same. You can get a short test clip from http://erik-krause.de/43010002.zip (35MB)

masc

Quote from: Erik Krause on May 24, 2018, 10:25:59 PM
Downloaded and tested the 0.16. While it opens and processes MLVs from my EOS 5D ok, it doesn't work at all with MLVs from my son's 700D (which open fine in mlrawviewer). If I try to import these files from the menu MLV App crashes immediately, if I drag them from explorer they appear in the session list but nothing happens. This is 64bit windows 10 pro with all updates, 16 GB RAM. MLV App 0.15 64bit behaves the same. You can get a short test clip from http://erik-krause.de/43010002.zip (35MB)
I downloaded your file and tried to debug: the bilinear module crashes. When you try to switch first to AMaZE and load the file, it works. But something is strange with your file too: Camera name = "ERR:1 md:0x 0 ml:0" and the height is 727. It is the first time I see a odd number here - is that normal?!

Edit: bilinear algorithm works in 2-line-steps. So I had to change the abort criteria - it does not crash anymore now. You'll get it with next version... or you should compile yourself. It is checked in into the repos.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Erik Krause

It's different if I choose AMaZE (in Debayer for Preview, right). If I try to import from menu it crashes. If I drag the file I can see the frame count and the Clip info, but main screen and histogram stay black. Only if I first drag, then import the same file from menu I get an image after the "is already opened" warning and I can export.
The clip is from a timelaps taken with silent picture. Could be that's the cause for the strange height.

vstrglv

Thank you for update. Tried to test win32 (my windows 7/64)
There is error: MLV App: MLVApp.exe-Entry Point Not Found -
The procedure entry point ANS1_const_check_infinite_end could not be located in the dynamic link library LIBEAY32.dll
But MLVApp works fine!
Canon 5D3,1.1.3; Canon EOS M,202,  CF-SanDisk Extreme PRO,160MB/s, 256GB, SD-SanDisk Extreme Pro, 170MB/s, 128GB.

masc

Quote from: Erik Krause on May 24, 2018, 11:37:14 PM
It's different if I choose AMaZE (in Debayer for Preview, right). If I try to import from menu it crashes. If I drag the file I can see the frame count and the Clip info, but main screen and histogram stay black. Only if I first drag, then import the same file from menu I get an image after the "is already opened" warning and I can export.
The clip is from a timelaps taken with silent picture. Could be that's the cause for the strange height.
That is strange - the opening function is always the same, no matter how you import a file.

Quote from: vstrglv on May 25, 2018, 09:32:13 AM
Thank you for update. Tried to test win32 (my windows 7/64)
There is error: MLV App: MLVApp.exe-Entry Point Not Found -
The procedure entry point ANS1_const_check_infinite_end could not be located in the dynamic link library LIBEAY32.dll
But MLVApp works fine!
What do you do to get this error?
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

masc

@Erik Krause: It seems bouncyball compiled and uploaded v0.16 Win64 version already with my latest fix. So try out this one please!

@bouncyball: thank you!
5D3.113 | EOSM.202