MLV App 1.14 - All in one MLV Video Post Processing App [Windows, Mac and Linux]

Started by ilia3101, July 08, 2017, 10:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

50mm1200s

Quote from: bouncyball on May 09, 2018, 09:36:31 AM
Other temps are quite off.

Any clue on why? What is necessary to bring it to mainline?

Danne

bouncyball

Quote from: 50mm1200s on May 09, 2018, 10:27:01 AM
Any clue on why? What is necessary to bring it to mainline?
If I had any clue, I would fix it :P

It is Ilia's territory ;)

ilia3101

Quote from: 50mm1200s on May 09, 2018, 04:36:47 AM
The WB branch seems stuck, right? Ilia even commited the Andy600 suggestion, but backed off...
An incorrect interpreatation of what andy said. That's why I "backed off". Then I noticed some other flaws.

All I need for whitebalance branch is a good multiplier generator, maybe that I can take from DCRaw. That is why the temps are "Off".

@Danne a compiler tool would be great if you did that, I get really bored during the procedure with unzipping ffmpeg, configuring project in Qt creator etc...

bouncyball

@Ilia3101

Quote from: Ilia3101 on May 09, 2018, 04:24:10 PM
All I need for whitebalance branch is a good multiplier generator, maybe that I can take from DCRaw. That is why the temps are "Off".
Do you remember I've been experimenting with well known and widely used (cr2hdr, mlvfs) ufraw multiplier functions? We could try to adapt it to WhiteBalance branch. Or maybe you already took a look at it and decided that this code is not useful in this situation?

Danne

@Bouncyball
That would be a great achievement.
@Ilia*
Gonna look into a simplifying compiling tool. Might take a while, pretty busy atm...

jpegmasterjesse

(xenial)jessepeej@localhost:~/MLV-App/MLV-App-master/platform/qt$ qmake
(xenial)jessepeej@localhost:~/MLV-App/MLV-App-master/platform/qt$ make
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/bin/uic MainWindow.ui -o ui_MainWindow.h
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/bin/uic InfoDialog.ui -o ui_InfoDialog.h
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/bin/uic StatusDialog.ui -o ui_StatusDialog.h
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/bin/uic ExportSettingsDialog.ui -o ui_ExportSettingsDialog.h
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/bin/uic EditSliderValueDialog.ui -o ui_EditSliderValueDialog.h
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/bin/uic Updater/updaterUI/cupdaterdialog.ui -o ui_cupdaterdialog.h
g++ -c -m64 -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -fPIC -DQT_DEPRECATED_WARNINGS -DSTDOUT_SILENT -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_MULTIMEDIA_LIB -DQT_WIDGETS_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I. -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5 -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtMultimedia -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtWidgets -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtGui -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtNetwork -isystem /usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/QtCore -I. -I. -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/mkspecs/linux-g++-64 -o main.o main.cpp
In file included from Updater/updaterUI/CUpdater.h:11:0,
                 from MainWindow.h:38,
                 from main.cpp:8:
Updater/updaterUI/../cautoupdatergithub.h:52:2: warning: identifier 'nullptr' is a keyword in C++11 [-Wc++0x-compat]
  UpdateStatusListener* _listener = nullptr;
  ^
Updater/updaterUI/../cautoupdatergithub.h:33:20: error: 'function' in namespace 'std' does not name a template type
         const std::function<bool (const QString&, const QString&)>& versionStri
                    ^
Updater/updaterUI/../cautoupdatergithub.h:33:28: error: expected ',' or '...' before '<' token
         const std::function<bool (const QString&, const QString&)>& versionStri
                            ^
Updater/updaterUI/../cautoupdatergithub.h:35:67: warning: defaulted and deleted functions only available with -std=c++11 or -std=gnu++11
  CAutoUpdaterGithub& operator=(const CAutoUpdaterGithub& other) = delete;
                                                                   ^
Updater/updaterUI/../cautoupdatergithub.h:50:13: error: 'function' in namespace 'std' does not name a template type
  const std::function<bool (const QString&, const QString&)> _lessThanVersionStr
             ^
Updater/updaterUI/../cautoupdatergithub.h:52:36: warning: non-static data member initializers only available with -std=c++11 or -std=gnu++11
  UpdateStatusListener* _listener = nullptr;
                                    ^
Updater/updaterUI/../cautoupdatergithub.h:52:36: error: 'nullptr' was not declared in this scope
In file included from MainWindow.h:38:0,
Updater/updaterUI/CUpdater.h:28:67: warning: override controls (override/final) only available with -std=c++11 or -std=gnu++11
     void onUpdateAvailable(CAutoUpdaterGithub::ChangeLog changelog) override;
                                                                   ^
Updater/updaterUI/CUpdater.h:29:61: warning: override controls (override/final) only available with -std=c++11 or -std=gnu++11
     void onUpdateDownloadProgress(float percentageDownloaded) override {Q_UNUSE
                                                             ^
Updater/updaterUI/CUpdater.h:30:35: warning: override controls (override/final) only available with -std=c++11 or -std=gnu++11
     void onUpdateDownloadFinished() override {};
                                   ^
Updater/updaterUI/CUpdater.h:31:44: warning: override controls (override/final) only available with -std=c++11 or -std=gnu++11
     void onUpdateError(QString errorMessage) override {Q_UNUSED(errorMessage);}
                                            ^
Makefile:849: recipe for target 'main.o' failed
make: *** [main.o] Error 1

Anyone have a guess what I did wrong?   :o

50mm1200s

I think you have to use -std=c++11 on g++ options... at least that's what the error log is saying.

jpegmasterjesse

Quote from: 50mm1200s on May 09, 2018, 10:05:40 PM
I think you have to use -std=c++11 on g++ options... at least that's what the error log is saying.

Thanks! Way out of my depth here - g++ is a different compiler method than qmake, right? Or should I just add some specifications to the qmake or make commands?

50mm1200s

Well, from what I know, g++ is a compiler, qmake is a makefile. The makefile links all the libraries and other code of the project and then sends to the compiler itself. The compiler will then... compile (transform to binary code). Inside the makefile you should add the compiler options, such as optimizations (-Ox in GCC, where "x" is a number from 1 to 3 or "s"), also archtechture specific parametters (x86, ARM, etc), and other stuff I really don't know.
Are you using some linux distro or Mac? Cygwin is very boring to deal with. If you're on Windows I'd suggest you see Chocolatey, a package manager that can install automatically many tools. On Mac, see Homebrew...

masc

Quote from: Danne on May 07, 2018, 09:30:05 PM
@masc
Looks like this is executed every time even if another script is chosen:
In Scripting.cpp
    //enabling HDR processing, no questions asked. Yet.
    QProcess process;
    process.startDetached("/bin/bash", QStringList()<< "HDR_MOV.command");

Could "HDR_MOV.command" be turned into a variable?

Regards this issue:
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=20025.msg201009#msg201009
Hi Danne. Sry I did not answer. I am in holiday and woll have a look when I am back.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

masc

Quote from: Ilia3101 on May 09, 2018, 04:24:10 PM
@Danne a compiler tool would be great if you did that, I get really bored during the procedure with unzipping ffmpeg, configuring project in Qt creator etc...
Why do you not use svn? You'll just have to do this once in your life... For OSX svnX works great.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Danne

Quote from: masc on May 10, 2018, 05:40:46 AM
Hi Danne. Sry I did not answer. I am in holiday and woll have a look when I am back.
Cool, have a great vacation :)

escho

@jpegmasterjesse

Bouncyball directed you to my guide:
German: https://sternenkarten.com/fotos/ml/
English: https://sternenkarten.com/tutorial-englisch/
I wrote this guide for openSUSE.

I guess, you have ubuntu 16.04?

Since I change my astronomy-laptop from Windows (Ascom-drivers) to Linux (indi-drivers) atm, I just installed kubuntu 18.04. I tried to compile mlvapp with kubuntu for a quick test. I had some quirks, but finally, I succeeded. I will add this ubuntu-stuff to my guide this weekend.

Maybe, this can help you.
https://sternenkarten.com/
600D, 6D, openSUSE Tumbleweed

IDA_ML

Hello Bouncyball,

I was wondering if the following script by Danne:

https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=22076.msg201287;topicseen#msg201287

could be implemented in the next Windows version of MLVApp.  This would greatly suppress moire in cameras like the 7D, 6D and all the Rebels recording video at 1728x972 resolution with line skipping.  Now that some of these cameras can record up to 42 fps due to overclocking, this script would be extremely useful for reducing moire and further raising video quality in critical high-contrast situations. 

escho

Linux-openSUSE

I played a bit with mlvapp for creating a desktop-file with a nice icon. I found a raw desktop-file in $HOME/MLV-App/MLV-App-master/platform/qt. But this desktop-file needs "*.png *.xpm *.svg *.svgz|Symbol-Dateien" as icons. I only found "MLVAPP.ico", which is not accepted. Not the biggest problem. I opend MLVAPP.ico with GIMP and exported it as png.

The second thing is the path to mlvapp. In the desktop-file, the path is mlvapp. That is fine, but only, if mlvapp is in a directory, which is described in the $PATH env-var. But mlvapp is located in (in my case) $HOME/MLV-App/MLV-App-master/platform/qt. For to run mlvapp by only clicking the desktop-file, the complete path to mlv-app is needed in the desktop-file. I changed this and have now a nice little start-symbol for mlvapp on my desktop:

https://seescho.files.wordpress.com/2018/05/mlvapp-desktop.jpg

bouncyball

@IDA_ML
Quote from: IDA_ML on May 11, 2018, 04:29:08 PM
I was wondering if the following script by Danne could be implemented in the next Windows version of MLVApp.
Despite Danne's scripts are written in bash, unfortunately, they are made very specific to mac os, hence they even do not work under Linux out of the box (without a quite rewriting). Not to mention Windows where bash could be kinda installed but with lot's of hoop jumping. Also there is linux for windows susbsystem under win10pro but it also not quite seamlessly integrated into the Windows. In short Danne is the only one who can help you if he has enough time ;)

@escho

In Ubuntu long time ago I just made shortcut of MLV App with just simple mouse drug and drop on to my desktop and also have very nice icon there. However I like running MLV App from command line in console because of some debug messages I need during development.

Danne

For linux new application paths(three I guess) and then mlv_apps paths folder assigned to maybe home folder and then maybe it'll work.
For windows a little more work but a basic single processing for loop should get things going.
Not enough time atm but who knows about the future...

ilia3101

Quote from: escho on May 11, 2018, 08:06:56 PMI only found "MLVAPP.ico", which is not accepted.

src/icon - there you will find icon.png and icon.blend (it's open source)

Just remembered a thing... was anyone using Cocoa app on April the 1st?

masc

Quote from: escho on May 11, 2018, 08:06:56 PM
Linux-openSUSE

I played a bit with mlvapp for creating a desktop-file with a nice icon. I found a raw desktop-file in $HOME/MLV-App/MLV-App-master/platform/qt. But this desktop-file needs "*.png *.xpm *.svg *.svgz|Symbol-Dateien" as icons. I only found "MLVAPP.ico", which is not accepted. Not the biggest problem. I opend MLVAPP.ico with GIMP and exported it as png.

The second thing is the path to mlvapp. In the desktop-file, the path is mlvapp. That is fine, but only, if mlvapp is in a directory, which is described in the $PATH env-var. But mlvapp is located in (in my case) $HOME/MLV-App/MLV-App-master/platform/qt. For to run mlvapp by only clicking the desktop-file, the complete path to mlv-app is needed in the desktop-file. I changed this and have now a nice little start-symbol for mlvapp on my desktop:

https://seescho.files.wordpress.com/2018/05/mlvapp-desktop.jpg

Hej escho, see MLV_App/platform/qt/RetinaIMG/MLVAPP.png as icon. Have you seen the thread on github about how to do a appimage? There were a lot of hints from someone, but I can't help much...
https://github.com/ilia3101/MLV-App/issues/17
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

masc

Quote from: Danne on May 07, 2018, 09:30:05 PM
@masc
Looks like this is executed every time even if another script is chosen:
In Scripting.cpp
    //enabling HDR processing, no questions asked. Yet.
    QProcess process;
    process.startDetached("/bin/bash", QStringList()<< "HDR_MOV.command");

Could "HDR_MOV.command" be turned into a variable?

Regards this issue:
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=20025.msg201009#msg201009

Danne, could you please have try?! Greats from my holiday! ;)
(I did not test but commit something...)
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Danne

Cool @masc. Gonna check this asap(couple of hours)

escho

@bouncyball

Quote from: bouncyball on May 12, 2018, 11:44:54 AM

@escho

In Ubuntu long time ago I just made shortcut of MLV App with just simple mouse drug and drop on to my desktop and also have very nice icon there.

Unfortunatly, this doesn´t work in openSUSE and kubuntu 18.04 (atm?). I can start mlvapp from the desktop, but I have no MLVAPP-icon.

@Ilia3101
@masc

Quote from: Ilia3101 on May 12, 2018, 04:04:41 PM
src/icon - there you will find icon.png

Quote from: masc on May 12, 2018, 05:12:18 PM
Hej escho, see MLV_App/platform/qt/RetinaIMG/MLVAPP.png as icon.

Thanks for the paths. Didn´t see them...

@masc

Quote from: masc on May 12, 2018, 05:12:18 PM
Have you seen the thread on github about how to do a appimage? There were a lot of hints from someone, but I can't help much...
https://github.com/ilia3101/MLV-App/issues/17

I saw it, the part of the Howto. But i didn´t read the part with the appimage.

I´m sorry, but I cannot help with an appimage. That´s beyond my skills. But maybe, I can help a bit with the linux-desktop-file, you know, this one, you wanted to copy to /usr/share/applications. More tomorrrow... :)

Danne

@masc
your fix works perfectly. I can now choose between scripts :). Awesome! Will push a script soon...