MLV App 1.14 - All in one MLV Video Post Processing App [Windows, Mac and Linux]

Started by ilia3101, July 08, 2017, 10:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JADURCA

@Danne and @masc

Can Vertical Stripes (Force) enabled correct @Petter Sand footage?

hjfilmspeed

dariSSight

Quote from: Ilia3101 on April 02, 2018, 05:47:42 PM
@dariSSight masc's advice is good I agree with all of it. However I always use a 10/12 bit build for the 5D2, it's surprisingly stable, the reduced bits saves space when recording in crop mode(however it corrupts normal shots because it's not fully working yet). mlv_lite also gives a bit more horizontal resolution: 1880x1056 vs 1856x1044, but I don't use it.

I love to test out the lower bit but Where can i get the 10/12 bit build you're using, also which build do you recommend for mlv_lite for 1880x1056?
Thanks for the Advice
Canon 5D Mark II

Petter Sand

@Danne.  @ Masc
here is link to MLV file.  https://www.dropbox.com/s/iq0faj0tpqb6n26/M29-1034.MLV?dl=0

I zoomed in in MLV APP, looking at the actual MLV file, seems to be burned in the MLV-file.

(i used MLV.App.v0.15.alpha.)

masc

Quote from: Petter Sand on April 03, 2018, 09:25:48 PM
@Danne.  @ Masc
here is link to MLV file.  https://www.dropbox.com/s/iq0faj0tpqb6n26/M29-1034.MLV?dl=0

I zoomed in in MLV APP, looking at the actual MLV file, seems to be burned in the MLV-file.

(i used MLV.App.v0.15.alpha.)
When opening your file I also have the stripes. But in RAW Correction group box there is the option "Vertical Stripes". If I set it to Normal or Force, the stripes are completely away. Which OS and which MLVApp version (32/64bit) do you use?
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Petter Sand

@masc Thanks for your help. I get the same result as you now. I could be mistaken of course, beliving I had checked the box. Maybe I checked the pixel box instead.
Happy that it works. Puh! 

i am on Mac. (i used MLV.App.v0.15.alpha.)

masc

@Petter Sand: Thanks for your feedback. Good to hear that is works.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

andy kh

no chroma separation

chroma separation

what i like most about this converter is the chroma separation. it works fantastic. i get annoying color moire in all my clips so this chroma separation is very useful. i can even see in peter sands's mlv so i test and here is the result
5D Mark III - 70D

theetech

Dear Developer & Fellow RAW Shooters,
I'm noob of ML RAW Shooting. sure there is something wrong or missing in my workflow. Could you please help me to fix. Using EOS-M Crop_rec ML Experimental Build

When I export 10-bit RAW to 444 PRORES (mov) in MLV APP I get static flickers on the Top like this

When Playback in RAW I cannot find flickers
My Export Settings

My File Info

My MLV APP Version

@Moderator,
Please forgive me If I'm not precise. I will correct next time....

JADURCA

@andy kh

Why are you getting that moire and artifacts? I processed the same clip using ProRes444 and don't see anything like that.

andy kh

Quote from: JADURCA on April 04, 2018, 06:47:55 PM
@andy kh

Why are you getting that moire and artifacts? I processed the same clip using ProRes444 and don't see anything like that.

in peter sand's pic you hav to zoom in to see them
5D Mark III - 70D

masc

@theetech: please upload the MLV, or at least some frames of it (you can set cutIn & cutOut and export as MLV, but if you do so, check if that happens also for the shortend MLV). We will search what happens...
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

masc

@andy kh: I only get these artefacts when using bilinear... nothing like that with AMaZE. But I also love the chroma separation ;) Good work by Ilia.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

andy kh

Quote from: masc on April 04, 2018, 07:38:40 PM
@andy kh: I only get these artefacts when using bilinear... nothing like that with AMaZE. But I also love the chroma separation ;) Good work by Ilia.

oh my bad. i have been using bilinear
5D Mark III - 70D

ultimatemale

Loving this new app but issue am having with it is when i drag a whole folder into it, it never accept the last recorded clip on the card. Anyone experiencing the same issue

Am on a mac and experiencing the problem with version version 14 and 15 of this app

masc

@ultimatemale: nope, never saw this. MLV App does not allow dropping folders... so you only drag the files in a folder? No problem for me. Could you please explain how exactly you do that?
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

ultimatemale

Quote from: masc on April 05, 2018, 02:10:32 PM
@ultimatemale: nope, never saw this. MLV App does not allow dropping folders... so you only drag the files in a folder? No problem for me. Could you please explain how exactly you do that?
I opened the folder and drag the whole clips into the app and for some reason it won't accept the last clip in that folder. Am talking about clips recorded with the usual MLV RAW build(not this new 4k RAW build)

masc

I am very sorry, but I can't reproduce that. In your picture, the message wrote about a file which were already opened. So somehow you try to open the last file twice...  ::)
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

theetech

Quote from: masc on April 04, 2018, 07:36:04 PM
@theetech: please upload the MLV, or at least some frames of it (you can set cutIn & cutOut and export as MLV, but if you do so, check if that happens also for the shortend MLV). We will search what happens...

Here is the Link to mlv file
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nvfOpojT4ngAhQW5xIGWpVn_t33jIzHE/view?usp=sharing

I used the Magic Lantern Crop Rec 4K Latest Experimental Build
Crop mode 3x3 720p
10 bit RAW Recording

ultimatemale

Quote from: masc on April 05, 2018, 09:42:28 PM
I am very sorry, but I can't reproduce that. In your picture, the message wrote about a file which were already opened. So somehow you try to open the last file twice...  ::)

It opened every file except for the last file and it says its corrupt (i only opened it once). But RAWmagic opens this file, so i know its not corrupt

masc

Quote from: ultimatemale on April 06, 2018, 02:25:23 PM
It opened every file except for the last file and it says its corrupt (i only opened it once). But RAWmagic opens this file, so i know its not corrupt
What happens if you only open this file? The same? If yes, please upload it!
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

ultimatemale

Quote from: masc on April 06, 2018, 02:52:48 PM
What happens if you only open this file? The same? If yes, please upload it!
When i try opening just that file alone in the new MLV App, it says corrupt. It also happened with some other clips in other folders. Pls bear in mind these are files recorded in the usual MLV RAW build (not the new 4k build)
The files recorded with the 4k build all open fine though

masc

Quote from: theetech on April 06, 2018, 08:23:32 AM
Here is the Link to mlv file
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nvfOpojT4ngAhQW5xIGWpVn_t33jIzHE/view?usp=sharing

I used the Magic Lantern Crop Rec 4K Latest Experimental Build
Crop mode 3x3 720p
10 bit RAW Recording

Thanks for uploading! For me frame 30 of your clip is corrupted. But in MLVApp and in the exported file. Have you tested to open and export it with any other application? Was it the same? For me it looks like something went wrong while recording (clips from my 5D2 with an experimental build were similar).

Quote from: ultimatemale on April 06, 2018, 04:58:12 PM
When i try opening just that file alone in the new MLV App, it says corrupt. It also happened with some other clips in other folders. Pls bear in mind these are files recorded in the usual MLV RAW build (not the new 4k build)
The files recorded with the 4k build all open fine though

Okay. This is an important fact: The error does not only happen if you open all files of a folder. It happens for this special file! Bouncyball implemented many checks. These checks prevent the app from crashing. Something seems to be corrupted in your file. Are you able to open the file with another application? Is this file very big - could you please upload it? Bouncyball is in holiday this weel. When he is back he could analyse your file and tell you what is wrong with it - or in a better case: make MLVApp open it.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Danne

surely dng 29 is corrupted but it opens fine in Mlv app also when dragged to binary(through Switch). I´m on mac by the way:

hjfilmspeed

Hmm I am not able to extract the windows 64bit version after downloading.