MLV App 1.14 - All in one MLV Video Post Processing App [Windows, Mac and Linux]

Started by ilia3101, July 08, 2017, 10:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilia3101

New Cocoa App release!!! (v0.22)

Github release page or go to download page

Highlights:
- AVFoundation export - much faster
- Multiple clips - saveable sessions like QtApp (compatible as well)

Issues:
- No audio support yet (in Cocoa App)

So that no one ever has to download that 2 month old version ever again (it was painful watching the download count go up to 100) ;)

12georgiadis

Great work !!! I'm downloading it to make some speed tests

12georgiadis

some random crashes at startup on el capitan but I an open it and export

masc

Here comes a next release of the Qt version of MLV App with some new features:

• Apple AVFoundation export on macOS: 12bit ProRes 422, 12bit ProRes 4444 and 8bit H.264, without audio only for now, and without resize
  • New bad pixel removal option, which analyses all instead of one frame
  • Performance on MLV bulk / session import improved
  • Create and load MAPP files (this files include all required information from the original MLV, plus video and audio frame index. If .MAPP file already created, importing is lot faster especially on slower HDD)
  • Some BugFixes

https://github.com/ilia3101/MLV-App/releases/tag/QTv0.13alpha
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Danne

Fantastic Ilia, mas and Bouncyball. Will try it out as soon as possible.

Danne

Works great. Just set export settings to av foundation and boom prores4444 comes flying out.

masc

Quote from: Danne on December 21, 2017, 11:31:22 PM
Works great. Just set export settings to av foundation and boom prores4444 comes flying out.
Yeah, that is as it should be. Cool if it works.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

SoyLeo

I used MLRW APP before and now I love this APP, it works great ... good job  8) ;)

bouncyball

I also tried it on my old, dusty (2008) mac mini with El Capitan (apple enlightened me that my system is so old that it's not gonna upgrade to sierra+). Works :)

Danne

This app is getting so good. Just tried the cinema dng export feature. Question. How do I select different bits output? For instance 14bit from 10bit etc? Maybe not implemented? AV foundation ProRes4444 files are golden.

JADURCA

True @Danne, found this one yesterday and started experimenting with it. Right away I just processed a MLV and found white balance too blue for starting a starting point to color correct. Corrected it with CameraRAW. Do you know why?

Danne

White balance will be applied according to either what your camera kelvin is set to or what wb mode you are working with. Watch out for using AWB(auto white balance) since MLV will instead read whatever kelvin your camera is set to when recording.
Short answer. Use any white balance mode but AWB if you want to use white balance from camera.

JADURCA

Quote from: Danne on December 23, 2017, 07:24:13 PM
White balance will be applied according to either what your camera kelvin is set to or what wb mode you are working with. Watch out for using AWB(auto white balance) since MLV will instead read whatever kelvin your camera is set to when recording.
Short answer. Use any white balance mode but AWB if you want to use white balance from camera.

Oooh! Get it! All scenes were filmed using AWB. Thought it will not make any change when using RAW. Thanks for the info! Color corrected it, so amazing to see what RAW can do thanks to all the color data available.

Can you help me with this? First DNG frame recognize all camera color profiles using ACR, color corrected it nicely, but all of the rest (400 or so frames) goes dark when applying Syn Settings. Found that on all of the rest DNGs there is no selection available for Camera Profile section, just Embedded. And thats the problem. How can I let ACR be able to see all Camera Profiles normally? This is the first time I see this irregularity.

JADURCA

OK!

Not OK!

As you may note, Camera Profile is set to Embedded and can't change it because there is no list.

Danne

Could be something related to the name. Look at the first file and the look at the next one. They should all be named to their "unique camera model" name(5D mark III) in this case. Did you develop your dng files with MLV app? If so upload a dng file here.

JADURCA

Yes, used MLV App with codec Cinema DNGUncompressed . Here are the first 12 DNG sequence with .xmp color correction file (used VisionLOG) if want to use it...

https://we.tl/GYnF2r9XKZ

Really appreciate your help! Thanks!

Danne

Only the first file seems to have the correct name tag then it goes into this:
Unique Camera Model             : Canon EOS 5D Mark III????????????۸.
A bug. I´m sure Bouncyball will check into it.

JADURCA

So, it is a bug with MLV App at the moment of processing?  ???

Danne

Yes. Meanwhile you could work with for instance batch mlv. It uses the same mlv_dump from bouncyball as in Mlv app.

masc

Is it possible to upload the MLV which causes this problem? I tried with some of my MLVs and this does not happen.
Edit: is your rar archive corrupted? I tried to unpack with 3 different proggis... no success. But the MLV would be more interesting for us.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

reddeercity

@JADURCA this is how to my knowledge arc (viva A.E.) works -- it save changes to the first dng then applies the changes to the rest of your video file or image sequence (e.g. Tiff , PNG , MOV. etc...) I just check your dng's and there no problem with camera raw profiles , all where there to be selected . Test on Win 7 Pro With CS6 After Effects , didn't have 5d3 VisionLOG profile to check only have one for 5d2 . So you want Cdng that are W/B & color corrected from ACR/Camera Raw ? Any reason why ? tiff or PNG not good enough or I'm I missing something here .

bouncyball

@Danne

Quote from: Danne on December 23, 2017, 05:56:38 PM
This app is getting so good. Just tried the cinema dng export feature. Question. How do I select different bits output? For instance 14bit from 10bit etc? Maybe not implemented?
You can't :), the output Bit depth always matched to input Bit depth. MLV App does not support bit depth conversion. I think it is pointless.

bouncyball

Quote from: masc on December 23, 2017, 10:39:22 PM
Is it possible to upload the MLV which causes this problem? I tried with some of my MLVs and this does not happen.
+1. Please upload MLV.

bouncyball

Quote from: Danne on December 23, 2017, 08:52:49 PM
Only the first file seems to have the correct name tag then it goes into this:
Unique Camera Model             : Canon EOS 5D Mark III????????????۸.
A bug. I´m sure Bouncyball will check into it.
Hmm... until today this same code served for Switch (trought mlv_dump on steroids) and MLV App without problem, IDK why it happened in this case but I did some changes to make sure the "Unique Name" always zero terminated after last symbol.

Still waiting for sample MLV ;)

JADURCA

Hi guys! I'm uploading MLV right away. Takes a few minutes. Uploading...