MLV App 1.14 - All in one MLV Video Post Processing App [Windows, Mac and Linux]

Started by ilia3101, July 08, 2017, 10:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bouncyball

Quote from: OlegK on December 10, 2017, 01:37:13 AM
Really need 1.67x in width stretch menu.
This aspect will be very unusual not 16:9, not even 16:10....( none of existing anamorphic lenses do these kind of squeezing). I wonder what are your settings during video recording :P

When i increase file resolution on export does the quality increasing? or its just stretched video file?
Nope just plain ffmpeg upscale without any sophisticated before/after frame processing methods.

What difference between Amaze and Bilinear on export?
I think your example pictures you posted above are bilinear ones. Try amaze, should be better.

bouncyball

@Doofii

Sorry but your feedback is "a bit" vague ;)
1. tell us it is win or mac version you are talking about
2. post the mlv which crashes during dng export

@ilia, @masc: hey am I missing something? When we implemented "edit palette"?

Doofii

Quote from: bouncyball on December 10, 2017, 09:03:48 AM
@Doofii

Sorry but your feedback is "a bit" vague ;)
1. tell us it is win or mac version you are talking about
2. post the mlv which crashes during dng export

@ilia, @masc: hey am I missing something? When we implemented "edit palette"?
So sorry, it's win 10, and the MLV file is too large, I have no idea how to upload it...
As for the edit palette, maybe there's some misunderstanding.

Some contents are not shown. Sorry for my English, and thanks for your patience.

OlegK

Quote from: bouncyball on December 10, 2017, 08:58:16 AM
This aspect will be very unusual not 16:9, not even 16:10....( none of existing anamorphic lenses do these kind of squeezing). I wonder what are your settings during video recording :P

Its regular 2x lens. I am shooting in 3:2 mode. So when i choose 2x from menu i didn't  get proper image, i think its because your 2x mode works with 16:9 or 3:2 footage?
So i isn't works like its shoud:(

Just something wrong.

1.67 i know  its wrong its what gets me final image with program.

masc

Lets start from first:
The export is really long. 2 small( 16sec. and 10 sec.clips) files took like 7 min. to complete.
I was using my old iMac at home maybe thats why.
The higher the resolution, the higher the quality, the slower the export. Did you ever render a video on your computer using another proggi? For me that is not way different.

2nd. I cannot remove small colorful dots (weird like Moire) In Slow motion 50fps like twice more of them sharpness 100% so u can really see them.

Without sharpness is much better but still.:(
P.S. i didn't notice them in previous build.
Nothing did change here. That is moiree. Specially in 50fps you'll get more moiree. If you use the sharpen slider you will amplify moiree.

3rd.
Really need 1.67x in width stretch menu.
May I ask what hardware you use? I heard about 1.33, 1.5 and 2.0 lenses.

Questions:

When i increase file resolution on export does the quality increasing? or its just stretched video file?
No it won't. From where shall come the quality? You may not lose so much quality when cutting and reencoding using a cutting tool like premiere or fcpx.

What difference between Amaze and Bilinear on export?
It is the demosaic algorithm used. Mostly AMaZE looks better, but not always.

@Doofii:
You did not expand the groupboxes, so the elements are invisible. Press the triangle.
And what font do you have there?! I can't allign the program for any font used by all users... sry. If you use system standard, it should work.

For cDNG export: @bouncyball: did you have the same problem on Windows? Me not.
@Doofii: you can shorten the file using mlv_dump. Then you upload only some single megabytes.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

masc

Quote from: OlegK on December 10, 2017, 09:57:46 AM
Its regular 2x lens. I am shooting in 3:2 mode. So when i choose 2x from menu i didn't  get proper image, i think its because your 2x mode works with 16:9 or 3:2 footage?
So i isn't works like its shoud:(

Just something wrong.

1.67 i know  its wrong its what gets me final image with program.
If you use a 2x lens, you use 2x width stretch! And nothing else! The 3:2/16:9 mode plays no role here. Pixels have an aspect ratio of 1:1. If you use 50/60fps, you additionally need height stretch 1.67x, because here the pixel aspect ratio is 5:3.

Topic sharpness: the clips you sent me were really unsharp. Here you can't make it better using the sharpen slider. You need to focus right, or if you did, you need a sharper lens.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

OlegK

Quote from: masc on December 10, 2017, 10:05:04 AM
If you use a 2x lens, you use 2x width stretch! And nothing else! The 3:2/16:9 mode plays no role here. Pixels have an aspect ratio of 1:1. If you use 50/60fps, you additionally need height stretch 1.67x, because here the pixel aspect ratio is 5:3.

Topic sharpness: the clips you sent me were really unsharp. Here you can't make it better using the sharpen slider. You need to focus right, or if you did, you need a sharper lens.

Whatever i don't understand what i am rtying to tell you! With whole your stretch structure i cannot get proper image in your program. the lens is 2x. and please don't tell me Lessons about focus here.

Look here anamorphic stretch works correct here: https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=18949.250

masc

If you don't like the presets, you can always calculate your factors and setup export settings. You can stretch to any resolution / aspect ratio you like. (maximum is 9999x9999, hope that is enough  :D)
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

OlegK

Quote from: masc on December 10, 2017, 10:39:38 AM
If you don't like the presets, you can always calculate your factors and setup export settings. You can stretch to any resolution / aspect ratio you like. (maximum is 9999x9999, hope that is enough  :D)

Yeah thats what i did. its not big problem here.

Just thinking how to remove those dots

masc

Did you try activating Chroma Separation and Chroma Blur Radius around =3 ? The color may become unsharper, bot those dots are away. And activate Playback->Use AMaZE before settings something up (preview may be slower, but quality is better).
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

OlegK

Quote from: masc on December 10, 2017, 11:04:07 AM
Did you try activating Chroma Separation and Chroma Blur Radius around =3 ? The color may become unsharper, bot those dots are away. And activate Playback->Use AMaZE before settings something up (preview may be slower, but quality is better).

I tried everything nothing seems to work.

masc

Has one of these two clips you sent me these artefacts? I could try here. (but don't find any artefacts)

M06_1261
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

bouncyball

@masc: Doofii's right I also can not see right part of controls under win10.

bouncyball

@OlegK: I'm so eager to see your MLVs which need 1.67x horizontal stretch. Please upload originals somewhere.

Doofii

So...there's nothing to do with the font? I changed the system language to ENG and the right part is still invisible.

bouncyball

@Doofii: maybe you can shorten mlv file which crashed on dng output?

mlv_dump -f 4 -o 5frame.mlv your_input.mlv

Doofii

I'd really like to help, but I do know nothing about the programming... That's why I use APP with GUI. Could you please specify how to use this code?

masc

@bouncyball: last time when we had nearly the same on Linux, the "Chroma Separation..." was to long. Is it better if you shorten this?
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

bouncyball

IDK really what is the issue (default standard install of the win10 without gui tweaking) but all controls are now horizontally scrollable by 2 finger touch pad gesture ;) (horizontall scroll bar is not visible tough)

bouncyball

@Doofii

This is not a code just a command which you have to run in console ;)

Doofii

I'm not sure where should I upload the file... If you have any problems when you download the file, maybe I can e-mail you directly?

masc

Thx @Doofii. Got the file and program crashes on cdng lossless export (Yeay :) ). @Bouncyball : could you try the same?
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

bouncyball

Yes it's dual iso mlv. I'm already digging into this issue :)

Thank you Doofii.

bouncyball

Exporting to losless DNG is fine with preview dual iso mode. Crashes for full20bit mode (Real 16bit DNGs) and for losless ones only. I need more time. I think LJ92 encoder does not like something.