MLV App 1.14 - All in one MLV Video Post Processing App [Windows, Mac and Linux]

Started by ilia3101, July 08, 2017, 10:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

masc

Quote from: bouncyball on November 22, 2017, 06:06:37 PM
Can not upload win64 build. It crashes when exporting DNGs. Does 32 bit build work as expected?

Edit: nope :P it crashes too. Will check tomorrow.
Woah... (nearly) always the Windows version which makes unexpected things... :P
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

DeafEyeJedi

Quote from: Danne on November 22, 2017, 06:20:01 PM
Now that's amaze @Ilia [emoji2].
Great that you implemented cdng support mr B.

Indeed amazing @Ilia3101 and also thanks for implementing cdng support @bouncyball!
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

bouncyball

Now DNG export is fixed on Win32/64 and both working builds are uploaded. Link

noir

Wow, nice progress!

By the way, now that Cineform is open source, are you considering implementing Cineform RAW output?

IIRC, it has a 5:1 or so lossy wavelet compression, which would make working with RAW files very easy.

bouncyball

Well, I love cineform and use it in premiere and resolve exclusively because I'm not a mac guy and lacking prores in windows, but think it is not on the top of our priority list and we'll wait for implementing it officially to the ffmpeg (at the moment ffmpeg supports only decoding of some cineform footage based on reversed engineered codec)

noir

Understandable.

Thanks for considering it :)
Looking forward to the ffmpeg implementation as well

Wayne H

Hi guys. Dayum you have all been busy, seems like a really nice solid update, i will do some stress tests over the week and report back any bugs, Happy to report no crashes from the previous issues i reported :)

It looks like you all have implemented some sort of new debayering, the results are stunning with 3584x1320 crop footage, (previously some shots would exhibit some nasty aliasing and moire. In conjunction with the alexa log c profile, and sharpening.. the gradabilty within FCPX is a joy, that log profile makes matching scenes effortless, saves a whole heap of time, and seems to nullify a ton of noise too.

Excellent progress Ilia, Masc, Bouncyball, this app really is coming along nicely. I LOVE IT :)

masc

5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Wayne H

Anyone know the optimal Deflicker target when working with dual ISO files with this app?

smasry

I second that @Wayne H, I just came over from the cr2hdr thread.

I tried a few random numbers in the 'Deflicker target' box, and can clearly see that the footage overall is darkened for raised values, however the flicker is still there. I can't find any documentation in your source code for this function, and would like to know how to determine the 'best' values to try, or what values have shown themselves as most effective?

Thanks

bouncyball

Deflicker feature is taken from MLVFS as is, If it worked there it should work here, but if not... then we have to ask dmilligan how to use it :P

a1ex

https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=12585.0
https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=8443.msg174075#msg174075 (images no longer valid, unfortunately)

The target level is just exposure compensation (how bright you want the result to be).

The debug screen from Auto ETTR tells you where the median falls on the image. If the median falls right on the line between "bright" and "dark" in your scene (e.g. the sky line is right in the middle of the image), then you'll have to use a different percentile (e.g. 75% to keep the sky flicker-free, or 25% to keep the buildings - or whatever is darker in your image - flicker-free); otherwise, median should be fine in most cases. TODO: experiment with trimmed mean.

SirWhiteFox

Quote from: masc on November 22, 2017, 04:38:24 PM
We are indeed a little proud to present our new release MLV App v0.11!

https://github.com/ilia3101/MLV-App/releases/tag/QTv0.11alpha

New in this release:
- better (corrected) AMaZE, artefacts are minimized to a minimum. Thanks to a1ex, giving Ilia the right input for this correction!
- Cinema DNG export (uncompressed, lossless & fast pass), first two also working with dual iso 20bit->16bit
- H.264 & H.265 export
- receipt file import / export
- many fixes and detail enhancements

Windows version is on the way...

This is by far the best MLV App created... Thx!!!  8)

OlegK

Hello to everybody! :)
How can we add aspect ratio to the menu?

That way we can see properly anamorphic footage.

masc

@SirWhiteFox: Thx!  8)
@OlegK: I already thought about that. Stretching the picture is possible in principle. But we plan some other new features - and they in combination with stretching will cause some problems... Maybe it will be possible one day. What already works in the latest revision on the repos and in the next release: resizing video on export to a desired resolution.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

OlegK

Wow Good news! Only on export? or preview too? much easier look at correct picture while working on coloring  :)

masc

Now I added this feature to the repos. It will be availlable in the next release, or you compile yourself.
You can now stretch the height by any factor. One planned feature is partially broken with that and I don't know how to fix atm... a lot of math is required by such an "easy" feature :(
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

OlegK

Thanks a lot! :D
How I do it by myself?

Copy & paste code?

masc

5D3.113 | EOSM.202

masc

5D3.113 | EOSM.202

masc

???What do you want to paste???
There is a download button on the first page - the link I wrote. With that you'll get the sources. Also on the page is a short howto compile. But you'll need the whole development environment.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

OlegK

masc

Then I recommend to wait for the next release... maybe in 1-2 week(s).
5D3.113 | EOSM.202