MLV App 1.14 - All in one MLV Video Post Processing App [Windows, Mac and Linux]

Started by ilia3101, July 08, 2017, 10:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilia3101

Tested chroma blur on 10.13, didn't crash or do anything weird. Crash report would be good.

Wayne H

masc

Thank you!
First one crashes in applyProcessingObject(), called from getMlvProcessedFrame8(), called from our renderThread.
Second one crashes in getMlvRawFrameFloat().
Does first one happen with special files or always? Could you upload some frames (short mlv) for us?
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Doofii

Quote from: bouncyball on November 11, 2017, 09:33:52 AM
Try this MLV of yours with classic cr2hdr command line utility from a1ex. I think the result will be the same strange image because base iso should be smaller than recovery iso. That is how it designed to work.
Thanks for your reply. Will you consider adding an export mode to export DNG sequences? Because ACR has lens profiles and AE can export videos in many other formats. Think of it as a suggestion.

bouncyball

Danne

Of course lovely Mlv app should have cDNG support. All for it.

Wayne H

Hi masc, All the MLV files where shot in 11-8bit lossless, currently i'm away untill monday, My camera and cards are at home, but when i return i will upload a small MLV file. Many thanks wayne.

Wayne H

Hi Masc, here's the smallest file i could find that crashes the app, (repeatable crashes when loaded into sessions with other clips and using the chroma blur radius) https://www.dropbox.com/s/jj125nr36wbul8i/M31-0921.MLV?dl=0 The app crashes with other much larger clips too. All shot on 5d3, 1.2.3 Crop mode 3520 x 1320 11-8bit lossless. hope this helps, thanks wayne

masc

Hi Wayne, thanks! Great, it crashes for me too with this file (Great?! LOL)
@Ilia: could you download the file and have look too? My debugger tells raw_processing.c, line 274.
Edit: changing this line to sum += row[MIN(x+radius_x+3,limit_x)]; solves the problem for me. Would that be okay, Ilia? Should the other lines in these three for()... also be limited?
Or before
for (int32_t x = radius_x; x < (limit_x-radius_x-3); x+=3)
also does the job...
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

ilia3101

Thanks masc 4 the debugger info. I'll download the file and have a test.
EDIT: saw you had a couple solutions, will check both and make sure they're 100% ok (I feel there might be one issue)

ilia3101

First solution causes slowdown because adding MIN/MAX macro in the middle of a long long loop that only needs it for edge case.
Maybe not noticeable but I worked to remove such things. Also might end up subtracting a few incorrect pixels for the blur.
Second solution caused big colourful noticeable artifact on right edge of picture.

Try out changing line 253 to:
int32_t limit_x = (imageX-radius-1)*3;

To be honest, I couldn't get it to crash, and still haven't been able to compile Qt app. But I think this should stop it going past the edge without causing other problems.

masc

With the MLV from Wayne H it crashes for me... but only with this file, but also with the cocoa version. I'll try that out! Thx.
Works for me without crash. But won't that give a problem with lines 277 and following?
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

ilia3101

Weird.. I used the same file from WayneH.
But won't that give a problem with lines 277 and following?
It only changes how far the 'fast' part of the code goes, as I assume it must have been going past the edge due to the lack of MIN/MAX protection. Shouldn't affect image at all.

Also tried with Qt App v0.10, still didn't crash.
I am using a 'beta' version of next macOS 10.13 update (can't figure out how to get out of the beta programme), so it's a little ahead of the rest of 10.13s in the world. Could be something to do with that.

So my solution did fix it? If it's all fine commit it :)

masc

Commited to the repos. @Wayne: in the next release you can try again. Or you try to compile yourself (don't know if it is fun for you).
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Wayne H

Thank you Masc & Illia, think i'll wait for the new version rather than compile tho, (not so much fun, confusing lol) + something to look forward too, haha, on the post production side, xmas 2017 is going rather fun, the soon to be released FCPX 10.4 with new colour tool goodies + i'm hoping a new version of this great app too, also potentially with new goodies, :) fingers crossed. lol

I'm really really impressed with this app, i'm curious to know what other feature's and option's you have planned for future releases (roadmap) lol?

One side note, the dual ISO feature, i've tested this, Loaded dual ISO file (11-8bit lossless), raw corrections D_ISO enabled, everything is fine lines gone etc, However once i click on export, the alternating lines re-appear, and the final exported dual iso file is with the line's, exported un proccessed it would seem, i'm not sure whether you guy's are aware of this, or whether the dual iso feature is a work in progress, just thought i'd share my experiance with using it,

AGAIN, GREAT WORK GUYS, Masc, llia, Bouncyball, Danne and anyone else who has contributed to this app,

Thanks Wayne.

bouncyball

Thanks for kind words :)

Quote from: Wayne H on November 17, 2017, 06:41:48 PM
once i click on export, the alternating lines re-appear, and the final exported dual iso file is with the line's, exported un proccessed it would seem, i'm not sure whether you guy's are aware of this, or whether the dual iso feature is a work in progress, just thought i'd share my experiance with using it,
Here, just a plain uncompressed dual iso mlv exports w/o problem. I never tried to do this with losless MLV though. Can you cut short clip of your mlv and post somewhere to test?

regards
bb

masc

Thank you Wayne! ;)
Yes, I can understand, if you don't like to compile yourself. There are already some new features & fixes ready (receipt import/export) and some other ones are in the pipeline (better sync between audio&video, AVFoundation export on OSX,... for example). You won't have to wait until xmas for v0.11 ;-) When there is a revsision, which is not to buggy, it will be this version  :P
The enhancements and fixes where we are working on and which we are planning can be seen in the issue page of github: https://github.com/ilia3101/MLV-App/issues
Dual ISO should be ready, but there may be always some bugs. Sorry for that. As bouncyball wrote: please upload a short file on which you have problems and we will try to solve the bugs!
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

masc

Quote from: Wayne H on November 17, 2017, 06:41:48 PM
One side note, the dual ISO feature, i've tested this, Loaded dual ISO file (11-8bit lossless), raw corrections D_ISO enabled, everything is fine lines gone etc, However once i click on export, the alternating lines re-appear, and the final exported dual iso file is with the line's, exported un proccessed it would seem, i'm not sure whether you guy's are aware of this, or whether the dual iso feature is a work in progress, just thought i'd share my experiance with using it,

I think I also found this one. All RAW corrections settings were at default when exporting. In many clips we did not see this error. But now I had the same with bad pixels... :-D
Bouncyball implemented Cinema DNG export. We need some more testing and then I think it is time for v0.11...
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

masc

We are indeed a little proud to present our new release MLV App v0.11!

https://github.com/ilia3101/MLV-App/releases/tag/QTv0.11alpha

New in this release:
- better (corrected) AMaZE, artefacts are minimized to a minimum. Thanks to a1ex, giving Ilia the right input for this correction!
- Cinema DNG export (uncompressed, lossless & fast pass), first two also working with dual iso 20bit->16bit
- H.264 & H.265 export
- receipt file import / export
- many fixes and detail enhancements

Windows version is on the way...
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

escho

Great! You guys are quicker in developing, than I can test :)

One small question for cdng-export:
Processing and Y/CR-separation doesn´t affect the exported dngs. Is this correct?
https://sternenkarten.com/
600D, 6D, openSUSE Tumbleweed

masc

CDNG is Raw, so no processing is done. Just RAW corrections are done for uncompressed and lossless.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

escho

https://sternenkarten.com/
600D, 6D, openSUSE Tumbleweed

ilia3101

The AMaZE demosaic quality has massively improved:

(Guess what's before and what's after ;) )

And of course thanks a lot a1ex

bouncyball

Can not upload win64 build. It crashes when exporting DNGs. Does 32 bit build work as expected?

Edit: nope :P it crashes too. Will check tomorrow.

Danne

Now that's amaze @Ilia :D.
Great that you implemented cdng support mr B.