MLV App 1.14 - All in one MLV Video Post Processing App [Windows, Mac and Linux]

Started by ilia3101, July 08, 2017, 10:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danne

Great! A slight warning about Prores422. I tested it with my piping in Switch but it doesn´t hold up in shadows like the slower prores_ks is doing. Could maybe work better here, idk. As a matter of fact I got better, smaller and faster output with H.264 like this:
-c:v libx264 -preset ultrafast -crf 18
or bigger, lossless:
-c:v libx264 -preset ultrafast -crf 0

Maybe not the best format to work with in post...

bouncyball

Quote from: masc on October 22, 2017, 11:12:05 AM
@bouncyball: could you please again compile and upload the windows versions on github release page?
Yes sure :) 64bit very soon. 32 bit maybe later.

masc

@bouncyball: thank you!
@Danne: Ok, I did no quality checks with it yet. I only saw, that 422 Proxy is 4 times bigger and looks way better in prores_aw than prores_ks. Best quality will be prores_ks 4444. I thought it could be interesting for people who don't want to wait a long time to preview the files and maybe use the same files as proxy... Thanks for writing your experience! ;)
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Danne

I see if I find some time to test more. It may very well be the way dcraw pipes the dng files. By the way. How are you piping atm? Mlv straight to ffmpeg? Would be nice if mlv_dump could pipe straight to ffmpeg  :P

masc

We do this: mlv->raw corrections->debayer->processing->pipe to ffmpeg (audio still via .wav)
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

bouncyball

@masc:

I compiled Winx86 version but unfortunately can not upload it to the release page b/c it crashed every time I import any MLV.

Debugger stops in the "an_mlv_cache_thread()" function on the initialization of "amaze_params" struct.... very strange.

masc

5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Danne

Just tested the quicktime version and it works so good batch exporting. Question. I lined up 10 MLV files in the queue. How do I abort processing? Pushed esc but it continues after closing down the app. Had to go into terminal and do:
killall ffmpeg

Now I am really curious if it would be possible to export HDR MLV files? All it takes is a small ffmpeg filter:
-vf tblend=all_mode=average
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=20025.msg189033;topicseen#msg189033

Coud be worth trying out.

masc

Where did you find a quicktime version? Never heard that it is ready yet.

For the Qt version, abort processing works when clicking the "Abort" button in the status dialog. It is implemented for the latest revisions on github. There is no release yet, so you have to compile it yourself for now. For the old releases you can only wait or kill the processes yourself.

This HDR thing I could try out. Thx.
Edit: is this for any mlv or for hdr-mlraw?
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

FBongcam

Any plans on adding DNG as an export option in the future?

Great progress on the app so far  :)

Danne

I downloaded 0.9 version in first post so probably not the latest. Would be nice if there was a description of dependencies for compiling on mac :).
The tblend filter can be applied to any footage but will only be useful when used with hdr material. Averaging filter will create ghosting so 48, 50 or 60 fps is better to use as opposed to slower fps.

masc

Quote from: FBongcam on November 05, 2017, 04:27:28 PM
Any plans on adding DNG as an export option in the future?

https://github.com/ilia3101/MLV-App/issues/28
It is discussed here.

Quote from: Danne on November 05, 2017, 04:52:47 PM
I downloaded 0.9 version in first post so probably not the latest. Would be nice if there was a description of dependencies for compiling on mac :).

https://github.com/ilia3101/MLV-App
See the readme, all neccessairy information should be there.

Quote from: Danne on November 05, 2017, 04:52:47 PM
The tblend filter can be applied to any footage but will only be useful when used with hdr material. Averaging filter will create ghosting so 48, 50 or 60 fps is better to use as opposed to slower fps.
So if I test with a hdr mlv with my 5D2, it will be 25fps out of the cam. I export to 12.5fps then?
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Danne

It will still be 25fps. Averaging consecutive frames retains original fps so just export as usual.

Kanakori

Damn. I've been struggling looking for a stable workflow. I aldready lost so much footage going back and forth between mlvdump, mlvp, resolve or converters. I'm trying this one now. Hope it sorts me out. Thanks.

masc

Quote from: Danne on November 05, 2017, 09:33:13 AM
-vf tblend=all_mode=average

Unfortunately that does not work for piped output:

Option vf (set video filters) cannot be applied to input url - -- you are trying to apply an input option to an output file or vice versa. Move this option before the file it belongs to.
Error parsing options for input file -.
Error opening input files: Invalid argument

"-" is the pipe and ffmpeg can't parse the input before it is created. Any ideas?

Edit: okay okay... I have to set it at the end of the command. Then it works fine. But one problem is: you never get what you see... :-(
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Danne

Why? Isn't the piping working the same for prores previewer? I used to preview by piping to ffplay in Switch...

masc

Works... I made a mistake: I have to set it at the end of the command. Then it works fine. But one problem is: you never get what you see... :-(
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Danne

masc

I see a processed picture in MLV App, and I get a processed + averaged picture on output. I think it might be better to implement this averaging in MLV App, then you can see what you get.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

masc

I uploaded a new version of MLV App - v0.10 alpha.
- chroma blur --> use it to blur moiree and/or noise
- 2 different sharpeners: RGB and Luma
- rendering is now done in a render thread --> so the GUI is much more responsive, also while playback
- audio problems on Linux (hopefully) fixed
- new "Edit" sidebar with collapsable group boxes instead of tabs
- new UI for "RAW Correction" with button groups
- many bugfixes

Problems:
- maybe still some small audio issues?! (hopefully not)
- sometimes instability when caching is enabled and clip is switched
- caching crashes app (Windows 32bit version)

https://github.com/ilia3101/MLV-App/releases/tag/QTv0.10alpha

There is no Linux version uploaded... so Linux users: please compile it... :)
@bouncyball: could you again please upload a Win64 version? Thx!
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Wayne H

Hi, Masc. This app really is starting to become fully featured, excellent. Been testing out this new alpha 0.10 version, first bug report is that when using chroma blur radius it crashes the app everytime, (only managed to get away with using it once without the app crashing) using macOS High sierra 10.13

Doofii

Thanks for your working, this is a really useful app. I use this app to decode dual iso video, but one question puzzles me. If I set the original iso higher than recovery iso, the image will be broken, otherwise it works good.(for example 1600/100 setting will result in a strange image) What did i miss?

Sorry for my english, hoping it won't bother you.

bouncyball

Quote from: Doofii on November 11, 2017, 01:44:27 AM
(for example 1600/100 setting will result in a strange image) What did i miss?
Try this MLV of yours with classic cr2hdr command line utility from a1ex. I think the result will be the same strange image because base iso should be smaller than recovery iso. That is how it designed to work.

masc

Quote from: Wayne H on November 11, 2017, 12:20:43 AM
Hi, Masc. This app really is starting to become fully featured, excellent. Been testing out this new alpha 0.10 version, first bug report is that when using chroma blur radius it crashes the app everytime, (only managed to get away with using it once without the app crashing) using macOS High sierra 10.13
Thx. And thanks for testing! macOS 10.13 I could not test. It works well on 10.9 & 10.11, Win7, Win8.1 and some Linux. Ilia should also have a 10.13, maybe he has same problems in cocoa version of the app and can debug?!
Does your 10.13 show a crash report? This would be interesting...
5D3.113 | EOSM.202