MLV App 1.14 - All in one MLV Video Post Processing App [Windows, Mac and Linux]

Started by ilia3101, July 08, 2017, 10:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IDA_ML

Masc,

At work we have a PC with Win XPx32.  Does it make sense to try the 32-bit version on it?

smasry

QuotePlease try one revision earlier. It seems as the second last commit of bouncyball does not compile. Before that it was working.
https://github.com/ilia3101/MLV-App/commit/1188472ee5eac5f65dc3a8454499b9bd7f36920e
This one can be compiled.

I reverted the checked-out repository to revision 1188472ee5eac5f65dc3a8454499b9bd7f36920e, as well as (separately) deleting the line in the .c file as bouncy ball asks here:

Quote from: bouncyball on October 01, 2017, 10:03:44 PM
Guys sorry about that, just delete the line to which error's referring. I forgot to delete it after some experimenting. This commit has working full20bit mean32 interpolation mode dual iso processing. Amaze interpolation is not there yet. Will finish it tomorrow I think and gonna add some more widgets to the gui.

Now I get this error:

clang -mmacosx-version-min=10.10 -O3 -Ofast -m64 main.o video_mlv.o debayer.o amaze_demosaic.o raw_processing.o main_methods.o useful_methods.o background_thread.o matrix.o camera_matrices.o frame_caching.o lj92.o session_methods.o delegate.o mlv_view.o llrawproc.o pixelproc.o stripes.o patternnoise.o hist.o -o "MLV App" -framework Cocoa;
Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
  "_diso_get_preview", referenced from:
      _applyLLRawProcObject in llrawproc.o
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
make[2]: *** [build] Error 1
cp: MLV App: No such file or directory
Archive:  ../qt/FFmpeg/ffmpegOSX.zip
  inflating: MLV App.app/Contents/Resources/ffmpeg 
   creating: MLV App.app/Contents/Resources/__MACOSX/
  inflating: MLV App.app/Contents/Resources/__MACOSX/._ffmpeg

ilia3101

Strange, I'll see what's happened when I try to build mlv app on my Mac later.
It does still look like bouncyball's stuff isn't compiling for you :(

@IDA_ML please do try, although I'm not 100% certain XP will even support the binary :D

bouncyball

I fixed the error. Delete repository then clone the fresh copy of it and try to compile again.

bouncyball

@Ilia3101: Hi man :) it seems you are very busy these days.

smasry

Hi @bouncyball,

Quote from: bouncyball on October 02, 2017, 11:01:13 AM
I fixed the error. Delete repository then clone the fresh copy of it and try to compile again.

I did this, but sorry to report, it seems to produce the same error.

clang -mmacosx-version-min=10.10 -O3 -Ofast -m64 main.o video_mlv.o debayer.o amaze_demosaic.o raw_processing.o main_methods.o useful_methods.o background_thread.o matrix.o camera_matrices.o frame_caching.o lj92.o session_methods.o delegate.o mlv_view.o llrawproc.o pixelproc.o stripes.o patternnoise.o hist.o -o "MLV App" -framework Cocoa;
Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
  "_diso_get_full20bit", referenced from:
  "_diso_get_preview", referenced from:
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
make[2]: *** [build] Error 1
cp: MLV App: No such file or directory
Archive:  ../qt/FFmpeg/ffmpegOSX.zip
  inflating: MLV App.app/Contents/Resources/ffmpeg 
   creating: MLV App.app/Contents/Resources/__MACOSX/
  inflating: MLV App.app/Contents/Resources/__MACOSX/._ffmpeg 

smasry

@bouncyball:

Can I run 'make app' with more verbosity, or with command line arguments to produce output more useful to aid debugging?

Don't stress because of this error, I have a working MLV App on another computer, and am happy using mlv_dump in the meantime.

masc

The error happens because you try to compile the cocoa app. The newest stuff is only working in the Qt version, until Ilia makes some changes to the cocoa makefile. The new implemented files should be added there I think.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

IDA_ML

Ilia3101,

I tried MLVApp (x86) v.08 on a WinXP x32 machine but it will not even start.  Here is what I get:

No luck for me with MLVApp.  Will have to stick with other methods.

smasry

Thanks @masc!

Quote from: masc on October 02, 2017, 01:54:12 PM
The error happens because you try to compile the cocoa app. The newest stuff is only working in the Qt version, until Ilia makes some changes to the cocoa makefile. The new implemented files should be added there I think.

I guess I rushed ahead of myself, into the 'bleeding edge' even before the documentation has been updated.

Instead, I downloaded release 7b63, and will make do.

I'd still like to test the app, as you develop it, and didn't find macOS (instead of Linux) instructions for building from '/qt' instead of '/cocoa'. When you have a minute, would you mind updating the README with the necessary dependencies, and build instructions?

masc

@smasry: Compiling on OSX:
-unzip ffmpeg in its folder.
-compile and install libpng (is also in the repos) as described in its readme.
-load the .pro in QtCreator
-unchecking Add build library search path to DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH and DYLD_FRAMEWORK_PATH checkbox in my project Run section
-press the "Play" Icon and have fun.
Hope I did not forget anything...
It runs nearly out of the box, so I was to lazy to write a readme... sry ;)
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

masc

Quote from: IDA_ML on October 02, 2017, 03:36:50 PM
Ilia3101,

I tried MLVApp (x86) v.08 on a WinXP x32 machine but it will not even start.  Here is what I get:

No luck for me with MLVApp.  Will have to stick with other methods.
What a shame... I first thought with this error message I can search... but it will only tell us MinGw (our Windows compiler) is not supported on WinXP :(
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

canneloni

Would anybody care to explain how i can compile the qt version on Windows using Linux subsytem? I'm fairly new at this and only followed the instruction to compile ML which was great and worked well. I already cloned git repository on my disk but was unable to use make in qt folder since there is no make file (i guess).
100D.100B ; Canon 18-55 STM ; Canon 50 1,8 II ; Canon 75-300 4,0 - 5,6 III ; Sigma 17-50 2,8

masc

Quote from: canneloni on October 02, 2017, 05:53:29 PM
I already cloned git repository on my disk but was unable to use make in qt folder since there is no make file (i guess).
I don't know how to compile the exe from Linux. But qmake creates automatically the makefile for a Qt project (.pro file).
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

ilia3101

Cocoa app compiling is fixed, no GUI access to bouncyball's features though - yet

@bouncyball I'm not that busy, but more than before, I am still working on things (caching, GUI for LLRawProc etc... sessions is going slower). I haven't given up or abandoned it ;)

DeafEyeJedi

5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

bouncyball

canneloni

Quote from: masc on October 02, 2017, 06:01:03 PM
I don't know how to compile the exe from Linux. But qmake creates automatically the makefile for a Qt project (.pro file).

Okay let me rephrase. Whats the best way to compile this for Windows ? The Git page only shows how to do it for cocoa and mac.
100D.100B ; Canon 18-55 STM ; Canon 50 1,8 II ; Canon 75-300 4,0 - 5,6 III ; Sigma 17-50 2,8

bouncyball

Quote from: canneloni on October 03, 2017, 09:31:27 AM
Okay let me rephrase. Whats the best way to compile this for Windows ? The Git page only shows how to do it for cocoa and mac.
To compile static x64 Windows binary on Linux I'm using MXE. There is all information how to set it up. Also take a look at this thread.

regards
bb

escho

Maybe you know, that I have problems, importing files bigger than 4 Gbyte. The app crashes. These files are way to big for uploading somewhere.

So I startet QT Creator in debugging mode with a file with 7,6 GByte. With this file, MLV App always crashes in "frame_cashing.c" Is it possible to run MLV App without cashing for a test? What must I do to disable cashing?
https://sternenkarten.com/
600D, 6D, openSUSE Tumbleweed

masc

Quote from: escho on October 03, 2017, 10:17:28 AM
Maybe you know, that I have problems, importing files bigger than 4 Gbyte. The app crashes. These files are way to big for uploading somewhere.

So I startet QT Creator in debugging mode with a file with 7,6 GByte. With this file, MLV App always crashes in "frame_cashing.c" Is it possible to run MLV App without cashing for a test? What must I do to disable cashing?
That is strange. Caching is deactivated for the Qt App. In which line does it crash?
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

masc

Quote from: canneloni on October 03, 2017, 09:31:27 AM
Get QtCreator for Windows. Unzip ffmpeg. Start QtCreator. Open .pro. Click on Play-Icon. Have fun.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

ilia3101

Seems everyone wants how to compile Qt app in the read me. I'll put one together this evening (unless masc or bouncyball beat me to it). shouldn't be too hard as I just installed Qt

masc

Quote from: Ilia3101 on October 03, 2017, 01:04:21 PM
Seems everyone wants how to compile Qt app in the read me. I'll put one together this evening (unless masc or bouncyball beat me to it). shouldn't be too hard as I just installed Qt
That would be cool! If you need help, let me know... but it is really not hard.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

bouncyball

Quote from: escho on October 03, 2017, 10:17:28 AM
With this file, MLV App always crashes in "frame_cashing.c" Is it possible to run MLV App without cashing for a test?
Does this MLV pass through other programs? mlv_dump, mlvfs?