MLV App 1.14 - All in one MLV Video Post Processing App [Windows, Mac and Linux]

Started by ilia3101, July 08, 2017, 10:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

masc

Quote from: bouncyball on September 23, 2017, 09:50:51 AM
@masc

I was testing the scrolling of zoomed image by scroll wheel.

Well, scrolling vertically when you can just drag it in any direction IMHO useless. So if QT mouse input handling will let us free the scroll wheel for other purpose (zooming) would be very cool :)

regards
bb

I always loved it using the trackpad. Have you tested also scrolling+cmd or strg? This could be the 2nd dimension for mouse users, I don't know. But I can have a look if I can disable that. On the other side I think I have to reimplement the whole zooming, because 3 zoom steps with scrolling makes no sense. I think we need a kind of "step-less" zoom then.

Thanks for the upload!
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

bouncyball

Quote from: masc on September 23, 2017, 11:31:54 AM
I always loved it using the trackpad.
Hehe :) I didn't think about it. I'm using desktop PC at work most of the time.

Quote from: masc on September 23, 2017, 11:31:54 AM
On the other side I think I have to reimplement the whole zooming, because 3 zoom steps with scrolling makes no sense. I think we need a kind of "step-less" zoom then.
+1 if that's not very hard to do.

masc

The most difficult should be to forbit a scrollarea the scrolling via mouse ;) So I have to overwrite some Qt classes, and atm I don't know how. But I'll do some research...
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

masc

@bouncyball: do you like to test? I think I got it ... after some hours of wondering what Qt can (or can't) do... :o
The behaviour is now:
- "Zoom: fit" can be checked and unchecked. If it is checked, it fits, if not, you are leaded to 100% and can zoom from there as you like
- "Zoom: 100%" returns always to 100%. If it is clicked while "fit" was active, "fit" will be unchecked.
Is that okay? Sometimes I had problems when zooming the very first time: it did not recognize where the curser was and jumped to the upper left corner. But that happend not often. Does it happen for you?
Edit: now I know why it happens, but I don't know how to fix it  ;D
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

escho

@bouncyball

ThankYou for the answer. I will look at the code later to fully understand the difference.

@masc

Display of the frame number works great. ThankYou!

@all

Crash in importing (QTApp on linux). No pngs are created. App crashes.
The crash comes in with commit 82a3a5e (Fixed the very broken sharpening filter). Previous commit works without problem. I tried to import my moon-test-video, containing 21 frames.
Here ist the debug-output of qt-creator:
https://seescho.files.wordpress.com/2017/08/auswahl_004.jpg
https://sternenkarten.com/
600D, 6D, openSUSE Tumbleweed

andy kh

@BB
after doing some test i found that i can import only 9 clips at once. if i try to import more than 9 mlv files the app crash
5D Mark III - 70D

masc

Quote from: escho on September 23, 2017, 07:48:28 PM
The crash comes in with commit 82a3a5e (Fixed the very broken sharpening filter). Previous commit works without problem. I tried to import my moon-test-video, containing 21 frames.
Jopp, same on OSX. Take the old raw_processing.c (before this commit) and it should work (at least for me it does).
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

masc

Quote from: andy kh on September 23, 2017, 07:56:08 PM
@BB
after doing some test i found that i can import only 9 clips at once. if i try to import more than 9 mlv files the app crash

Some more information please. Which version, which OS,... I can import as many clips I want on OSX and MLVAPP [Qt] v0.8 or latest revision.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

andy kh

Quote from: masc on September 23, 2017, 07:58:34 PM
Some more information please. Which version, which OS,... I can import as many clips I want on OSX and MLVAPP [Qt] v0.8 or latest revision.

windows v0.8

edit: i can import more than 9 clips. i have 10 clips in a folder. i select all and tried to import but the app crash. if i select only those 9 clips it doesnt crash. now i tried importing one by one and found that the problem is with the last mlv file in my folder. whenver i tried importing that file, this app keep crashing
5D Mark III - 70D

escho

Quote from: masc on September 23, 2017, 07:56:36 PM
Jopp, same on OSX. Take the old raw_processing.c (before this commit) and it should work (at least for me it does).
Yes, run with the old one on latest commit.

escho

Quote from: escho on September 23, 2017, 07:48:28 PM

The crash is fixed with commit c25b987. ThankYou!

bouncyball

Hey Guys I found so many cool commits today! Hahaha! :)

@ilia3101:
Sharpening is fantastic! is that algo "unsharp musk"? Works very intelligently for my taste. Slows playback for ~50% but is worth it :). Now we're just missing good denoiser :P

@masc:
Zoom also fantastic! Works smoothly and I did not experienced the behavior you mentioned yet.
I've got one proposition though: the right click menu is very good for switching zoom and zebras, but it would be very nice to switch between zoom and fit also with just a left click of a mouse or maybe better double click. What do you think?

Edit: Surely double click. My bad, just a left click is busy with drag mode.

br
bb

ilia3101

I'm glad the commit fixed crashing! To be honest I never pinned down the bug, just rewrote the bit that crashed.

@bouncyball Yep, it is something like unsharp mask with a really small radius. Even simpler though... Goes something like: multiply main pixel by something, and reduce it back to normal by slightly subtracting some of the ones around it.

bouncyball

masc

Quote from: bouncyball on September 24, 2017, 10:43:25 AM
@masc:
I've got one proposition though: the right click menu is very good for switching zoom and zebras, but it would be very nice to switch between zoom and fit also with just a left click of a mouse or maybe better double click. What do you think?

Edit: Surely double click. My bad, just a left click is busy with drag mode.
Both makes problems with Touchpad, because DoubleClick is used by tapping to select the drag mode and Click is used normaly to drag.
What I can offer... and I already pushed the commit because it was easy... I added the shortcut "F" (Fit) to toggle between Fit and Scaling mode. Hope it is cool enough  ;D
And by using F you will never see this bug.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

bouncyball

bouncyball

Windows x64 version uploaded to github ( release v0.8 )

Windows x86:
    includes all dynamic QT libraries

Windows x64:
    this mlvapp.exe release is one static binary
    focus pixel maps are included (EOSM, 700D, 100D)

both Windows releases include ffmpeg.exe

masc

@bouncyball: thanks for building the versions! How do you include the focus pixel maps? Is this only in this version? Can we add that also for the other versions?
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

bouncyball

Sure we can :) my bad I forgot to include it to the x86 version. Focus maps should be in the same dir with binary. You can quickly generate them with my utility called fpmutil.

BTW this windows static binary (just one mlvapp.exe) I compiled under Linux :P

masc

Just generate and copy to the directory works? On OSX too?  Can we add the generated files to the repos?

Edit: on OSX that does not work... :(

Do you have Qt in Wine?
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

bouncyball

What do you mean it does not work? Of course it will work anywhere. Binary searches maps in the same dir it resides. Just copy maps from x64 release zip to the dir in your MAC with mlv app.

Edit: Do you have MLV from focus dot affected cameras?
Edit2: on the bottom of this post there is a link with sample MLVs

masc

Yes, that was what I did. I tried inside the package and outside the package...
I have a file from a 100D with lots of focus pixels.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

bouncyball

Hmm... very strange. It works on Linux and on Windows. What is wrong with mac? :)

I don't use wine, I have dual boot on my PC - Linux Ubuntu / Windows 10

bouncyball

Just a hint - take a look at the DMG structure of the Mac version of MLVFS, it can use exact same maps.

masc

I tested it on Windows. My 100D file has focus pixels, I can remove them. But on Windows it only works if I open MLV App itself. If I call it though QtCreator it does not work. Is it possible to set the directory anywhere in the code (or at least printf the path)? I am doing the same as MLVFS (I think... - I found them...).
5D3.113 | EOSM.202