MLV App 1.14 - All in one MLV Video Post Processing App [Windows, Mac and Linux]

Started by ilia3101, July 08, 2017, 10:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

masc

Quote from: IDA_ML on August 27, 2017, 06:18:37 PM
Unfortunately, version MLV.App.v0.6.alpha.x64.Win crashes when I try to export a 14-bit MLV clip from the EOS 100D.
How do you export (setting & single file or batch) and when does it crash? Can you chose the file/folder name, crashes it just after pressing save, at 50%,... ? Can you provide a small file which provokes the error please (best if only some single frames inside)?
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

IDA_ML

It is a single MLV file of about 300 MB size (109 frames).  Regardless of the export format that I set in the Preferences, when I press Ctrl+E, it opens the export window and allows me to select the folder for export.  When I press Save, the software crashes and I get a message saying: MLVApp.exe has stoped working. 

Unfortunately, I have a very slow internet connection and cannot send you the file now but if you wait until tomorrow, I can try to send it from work where the net is way faster.

masc

Quote from: IDA_ML on August 27, 2017, 09:08:02 PM
It is a single MLV file of about 300 MB size (109 frames).  Regardless of the export format that I set in the Preferences, when I press Ctrl+E, it opens the export window and allows me to select the folder for export.  When I press Save, the software crashes and I get a message saying: MLVApp.exe has stoped working. 

Unfortunately, I have a very slow internet connection and cannot send you the file now but if you wait until tomorrow, I can try to send it from work where the net is way faster.
You can use mlv_dump to shorten the clip to some frames, then the file is only some MBs. Does this happen with any MLV file for you?
Quote from: Danne on July 15, 2017, 10:38:29 AM
Just shorten a file with mlv_dump:
mlv_dump -f 5 -o OUTPUT.MLV INPUT.MLV
Gives you a 5 frame MLV file.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

IDA_ML

masc,

I have now done what you requested and created a 5 frame MLV file (about 17 MB) from the original.  It is called OUTPUT.MLV and the download link is:

https://we.tl/namZYCHTpp

It will be active for one week. 

I also checked with other MLV files from other cameras (5D3 and 7D), also on different Win x 64 computers.  The same behavior is observed.  The software crashes on export as I described above.

I wish you a nice vacation!

masc

Okay, thank you very much, I downloaded the file. It is not a general problem, because on OSX I can export your file without issue.
@bouncyball: could you please download the file as well and try on your Windows PCs?
@IDA_ML: happens the same with the 32bit version?
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

IDA_ML

Masc,

Yes, version 0.6 x86 crashes too.  However, the old 0.3 version that I happened to keep, exports just fine.

bouncyball

Hey guys I'm also on a vacation and got quite lousy connection. Well... sometimes it works ;)

@masc
Tried with uploaded 5 frame MLV and both x86/x64 win versions export it w/o a problem.

@IDA_ML
Do you have enough space on HDD? And does this exact shortened MLV, that you uploaded, also really crashes MLV App?

bb

andy kh

Quote from: IDA_ML on August 28, 2017, 12:41:29 AM
masc,

I have now done what you requested and created a 5 frame MLV file (about 17 MB) from the original.  It is called OUTPUT.MLV and the download link is:

https://we.tl/namZYCHTpp

It will be active for one week. 

I also checked with other MLV files from other cameras (5D3 and 7D), also on different Win x 64 computers.  The same behavior is observed.  The software crashes on export as I described above.

I wish you a nice vacation!

i have downloaded your file and i can export without any problem on my win 7. i have been using this softaware for more than a week and i havent experience any crash
5D Mark III - 70D

IDA_ML

@bouncyball

Yes, I do have enough space on my HDD.  And I checked the shortened 5 frame file too.  I can open it, make adjustments to it, and play it in MLVApp.  However, when I try to export it, MLVApp crashes.  I tested that on three different computers running Win7x64, I tried also files from 7D and 5D3.  The same thing happens with all of them - crash on export.  Version 3 works just fine though.

I used the download link for Version 6 from the first page.  I unzipped the package in a separate directory, started MLVApp.exe by clicking on it and then opened the file using the "Import MLV" command in the file menue.  I am not sure if I am doing anything wrong and what that may be.

bouncyball

@IDA_ML

Hm... strange crash on export only, what's really interesting I personally never experienced any serious crash with this app. Have to be seen the differences between those versions in repo.

IDA_ML

@bouncyball

Could it be that MLVApp requires some additional software installed to work properly?  Just like MLVS required Dokan.  If that is the case, please advise me on what should I install and give me a download link if possible.

bouncyball

Nope, no additional software needed (just static ffmpeg.exe in the same folder, which is supplied in the zip). However there maybe some tampering software/lib or different version of QT installed/registered. IDK :)

As I said I never had issues with this software and I tried it on several win7/10 systems.

bb

masc

I tried installing the Windows version into Wine on OSX. Also with that I can export your MLV. The crash appears starting version 0.4? The main difference between 0.3 and 0.4 is the use of libpng, to have 16bit PNGs instead of 8bit PNGs Qt supports only.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

IDA_ML

Masc,

Do you think this can be fixed?  I would love to try out version 6 due to all the new features and faster speed.

masc

Quote from: IDA_ML on August 30, 2017, 06:59:39 PM
Do you think this can be fixed?  I would love to try out version 6 due to all the new features and faster speed.
I really do not know what happens. So I don't know how to prevent the crash and can't say if it can be fixed. Sorry. This needs more research. But I can't do that here on my MacBook.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

IDA_ML

Masc,

I am sure, other people on Win7x64 will experience the same behaviour and will be able ti identify the problem.  Don't worry about this now.  Just enjoy your vacation!

andy kh

5D Mark III - 70D

escho

In order to get ffmpeg started in qt-platform under Linux, it is necessary, that ffmpeg is located in the same folder, where MLV App can be found.

I´m no QT or C++ programmer, I can only do some little bash scripting. So the most, I do here, is try and error.

In my bash-scripts, I start ffmpeg by just typing "ffmpeg", thanks to the PATH envirement variable. I tried that with MLV App and it worked for me. Here the code, I changed in MainWindow.cpp lines 696 ff for testing:

//FFMpeg export
QString program = "ffmpeg";
//QString program = QCoreApplication::applicationDirPath();
//program.append( QString( "/ffmpeg\"" ) );
//program.prepend( QString( "\"" ) );

With this method, I don´t need to copy ffmpeg to the "MLV APP-folder" anymore. But I don´t know, what Windows and OSX say to such a method?
https://sternenkarten.com/
600D, 6D, openSUSE Tumbleweed

masc

On OSX that does not work out of the box. It would work if you install ffmpeg, but I wanted to have it in the application bundle, because for most users that is the easiest way (because the user hasn't do install anything but the app itself). For windows I am not sure, but I expect the same.

Edit: I could make a define which takes your string for Linux, and the other string for the other platforms. Would that be easier for Linux?

Edit2: Did that now. I think that should be better for Linux users.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

escho

Wanted to try this version and downloaded zip from github. But QT-Creator says:
Project ERROR: Unknown module(s) in QT: multimedia

escho

Installed "libqt5-qtmultimedia-devel" and it compiles.

masc

Yes, you'll need this for the latest revisions. I started implementing audio playback. But... it still a bit buggy ;-)
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

ilia3101

Could anyone on macOS 10.10-10.12 please test the app and see if the preview refreshes when opening clips and making adjustments?
You'll have to compile it yourself, just enter this in the terminal:
rm -rf MLV-App && git clone https://github.com/ilia3101/MLV-App.git && cd MLV-App/platform/cocoa && make app && cd - && open MLV-App/platform/cocoa/ && open MLV-App/platform/cocoa/MLV\ App.app
... as I'm having some issues on macOS 10.13 beta

Danne

I´m on 10.12.3 and yes, the preview does not refresh anymore. Just compiled the latest. Hope it helps even if I´m not on 10.10

Nice :)

ilia3101

Thanks a lot for the quick response!
All I needed to know.

Pretty sure it's broken :(

About the icon: The "source code" is in src/icon, so if you know Blender and icon design you're welcome to improve it ;););) (@anyone)