MLV App 1.14 - All in one MLV Video Post Processing App [Windows, Mac and Linux]

Started by ilia3101, July 08, 2017, 10:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IDA_ML

Masc,

Is there going to be a 32 bit version of v.1.13?  I have an older PC that only works with the 32 bit version of 1.12.

ChristianEOS

Christian Bruno James

masc

@IDA_ML: I don't have the 32bit toolchain anymore, so I can't build a 32bit version now.
@bouncyball: Do you still have a 32bit Windows Qt toolchain?
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

togg

Quote from: wib on July 10, 2021, 03:00:51 AM
super reportage ! les gars sont passionnés !

so what was your set up ?

Merci!
I'm going with a simple smallrig cage, smallhd monitor, some CF cards from komputerbay and a big one from lexar. In the evening I copy the MLV files and backup. The day after I do some simple corrections in MLV App, export the ProRes 422 and then edit in FCPX.
(various lenses used, I have canon, tamron, vintage tokina with promist, vintage nikkor and then some)

bouncyball

Quote from: masc on July 11, 2021, 11:06:43 AM
@bouncyball: Do you still have a 32bit Windows Qt toolchain?
I don't. Btw, with higher QT versions application is 2x size :o.

I'll see what can I do.

masc

Quote from: bouncyball on July 14, 2021, 06:37:19 PM
I don't. Btw, with higher QT versions application is 2x size :o.

I'll see what can I do.
Take care... some of the newer QT version also have silly bugs, where e.g. the menu is completely wrong (if I remember right in 5.10 and 5.11). Older are very okay and smaller...
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

bouncyball

Win32 version uploaded.

After v1.13 we officially stop releasing win32 build. It can be compiled manually though.

regards
bb

IDA_ML

Thank you so much, Bouncyball!

It's a pitty that the 32-bit version will no longer be available on future builds.  One of the major advantages of MLVApp is the fact that it can run on any computer including older models.  Many of them, including quite powerful Quad core ones will no longer work with MLVApp if there is no 32-bit version.

masc

Quote from: IDA_ML on August 01, 2021, 07:26:35 PM
It's a pitty that the 32-bit version will no longer be available on future builds.  One of the major advantages of MLVApp is the fact that it can run on any computer including older models.  Many of them, including quite powerful Quad core ones will no longer work with MLVApp if there is no 32-bit version.
->
Quote from: bouncyball on July 15, 2021, 07:24:16 PM
It can be compiled manually though.
As bouncyball told: you can compile it at any time yourself. The support is there... but having the 2GB+ toolchain installed 4x and doing all the release stuff 4x... no real fun. If you install an old Qt (e.g. 5.6) with mingw32, you can compile the latest commits at any time, and you don't have to wait for the releases. Same for macOS <=10.5 32bit and Linux 32bit.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

IDA_ML

Quote from: masc on August 01, 2021, 07:45:05 PM
->As bouncyball told: you can compile it at any time yourself. The support is there... but having the 2GB+ toolchain installed 4x and doing all the release stuff 4x... no real fun. If you install an old Qt (e.g. 5.6) with mingw32, you can compile the latest commits at any time, and you don't have to wait for the releases. Same for macOS <=10.5 32bit and Linux 32bit.

Unfortunately, I am sorry to say that but I do not have any compiling skills whatsoever.  I don't understand what you are saying either.  If you are saying that this is quite a complicated process then there is no chance that people like me will be able to do it.  Anyway, that's not so important, we are not that many - 64 (32-bit) vs. 1613 (64-bit) users at the time of this writing.

masc

Quote from: IDA_ML on August 01, 2021, 08:45:49 PM
Unfortunately, I am sorry to say that but I do not have any compiling skills whatsoever.  I don't understand what you are saying either.  If you are saying that this is quite a complicated process then there is no chance that people like me will be able to do it.  Anyway, that's not so important, we are not that many - 64 (32-bit) vs. 1613 (64-bit) users at the time of this writing.
Really... no skills needed to compile. All you need is some diskspace and time. If you are able to start a PC, you'll be able to compile a ready application. Download and install a tool, download the archive, load a file, press a compile button. And you'll get the exe which runs on your computer. This video shows the already more difficult Debug compile for MLVApp (with multiple compilers installed, so configuration window can be ignored): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmngCFQzFdo

While installing Qt you'll get this screen: choose mingw32 instead of mingw64.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

IDA_ML

Icaab

Hello. I noticed a strange distortion in the received video after exporting in the format h265 12 bit.

(For visual purposes, see the video)
I haven't read the details of the latest program updates, and I may be making mistakes somewhere.
Attach the original video, preset the renderer settings and properties:

or
https://mega.nz/file/JrYhXYCY#A6dC9EwDqOVlpdnuWH19yR1uk0xLd9f5T_NLOHhfmME
Export:

Settings:
https://mega.nz/file/wjZjSYQY#9ohzOys-1IsBLOhWXXX5dGlwAMqkaHkDEi87tWn7TBY

masc

@Icaab: What kind of distortion do you mean? Could you please give a hint? I just see some shaking, probably because you hit the record button.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Walter Schulz

Icaab

Quote from: masc on August 02, 2021, 01:53:25 PM
@Icaab: What kind of distortion do you mean? Could you please give a hint? I just see some shaking, probably because you hit the record button.
Yes, the box must move XD
On the corners of the video there are distortions in colors, and on the image of the camera(on the box) and the box there are large pixels.
(You can download the video to your computer using the mega link. This will show you better)
Before that, with minimal processing of the original video - this was not the case, and after adding sharpness and small changes (and rendering in full resolution that was received on the cameras, that is, in 4.3k) - discovered such oddities.

New

Old

I also attached processing parameters (.marxml). Can you look?

masc

You mean the bright pixels in the edges? Must have to do something with your MLV (which you did not upload?!), because with your receipt I can't reproduce on any of my clips.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Icaab

Quote from: masc on August 02, 2021, 06:58:13 PM
You mean the bright pixels in the edges? Must have to do something with your MLV (which you did not upload?!), because with your receipt I can't reproduce on any of my clips.

The original video mlv weighs a lot. I kept his piece in the same format, without applying any corrections:
https://mega.nz/file/Nu4W2DLL#KZoHbwou-b0tCYxNQuQ3snLQyCD2oXyyT8kTQQoJLaY
Strange: I can open .marxml settings through the import receipt . Then let me attach this screen:

masc

No problem with the receipt, I can load it, but here all looks clean. Thanks for the MLV. Here I get this with the MLV and your receipt:

Is it the same you get? Do you find your "distortion" here too?
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Icaab

Quote from: masc on August 02, 2021, 10:40:55 PM
No problem with the receipt, I can load it, but here all looks clean. Thanks for the MLV. Here I get this with the MLV and your receipt:

Is it the same you get? Do you find your "distortion" here too?
I can't say for sure right now, because you can see it better on video. However, in the photo only I see a red stripe at the bottom, which somehow appears at the bottom of the frame if the white surface, and comparing it to a previously attached photograph of the last renderer - problems have disappeared that have troubled me.
I don't know where I could be wrong. I didn't see that distortion in the playback.
Did you apply the same corrections I applied?
Can you send your receipt too?
What kind of debayer do you use to view the video?
Export settings are the same as mine?
(I used then h265 12bit,but now think it is better to use prores to speed up the renderer)

masc

Quote from: Icaab on August 03, 2021, 12:35:00 AM
I can't say for sure right now, because you can see it better on video. However, in the photo only I see a red stripe at the bottom, which somehow appears at the bottom of the frame if the white surface, and comparing it to a previously attached photograph of the last renderer - problems have disappeared that have troubled me.
I don't know where I could be wrong. I didn't see that distortion in the playback.
Did you apply the same corrections I applied?
Can you send your receipt too?
What kind of debayer do you use to view the video?
Export settings are the same as mine?
(I used then h265 12bit,but now think it is better to use prores to speed up the renderer)
The red stripe: comes from the camera preset. E.g. you can crop it in post.
I used your receipt with all your settings, nothing else.
I exported a single frame as JPG. The processing engine (for processed output of all codecs) is always the same.
I still see no problem and/or understand the problem.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Icaab

Quote from: masc on August 03, 2021, 11:39:36 AM
The red stripe: comes from the camera preset. E.g. you can crop it in post.
I used your receipt with all your settings, nothing else.
I exported a single frame as JPG. The processing engine (for processed output of all codecs) is always the same.
I still see no problem and/or understand the problem.
I understand. Thank you for your help. Perhaps the codec is a problem when exporting. I'll try others.

bouncyball

Sometimes with ffmpeg h264/h265 codecs you can see top or bottom border line distortions, like blurred line, ribbon of pixels with changing color, etc. I guess it is related to vertical resolution not multiple of 8/16/32 etc. It's due to ffmpeg codecs and not the source image coming from mlvapp.

Danne

I'm pretty sure height needs a simple pixel adjustment applied to the preset used to fix border pixelation in this case :).