MLV App 1.14 - All in one MLV Video Post Processing App [Windows, Mac and Linux]

Started by ilia3101, July 08, 2017, 10:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy kh

5D Mark III - 70D

yokashin

Everything works fine on windows 10 x64.

Thank you very much for the new version!
Greetings to creators and helpers.
70D.112 [main cam] | M.202 | S110 [CHDK]

theBilalFakhouri

Quote from: bouncyball on November 29, 2019, 10:11:46 AM
P.S. Windows 64bit users please report back your experience.

No crashes here , Windows 10 x64 1903 , it works fine

visionbyeric

I finally got a chance to record what is happening
Usually as soon as I import a MLV file it will crash, as shown in the video below. The last Win64 Version i could user was 1.08

I tried using 1.10 Win32 version and to my surprise, works just fine, not sure if there will be any issues using the Win32 version on a Win64 PC?

Thank You,
Eric

yokashin

As we are already with error messages ...
It was while on vacation that I encountered something like this:

I kept the movies on an external disk together with photos in the "zdjęcia" catalog (in Polish).
After returning from vacation, I discovered why all the files did not open :)
70D.112 [main cam] | M.202 | S110 [CHDK]

masc

@yokashin:
thanks for reporting. Opening files from "zdjęcia" folder is a Windows only issue. Works fine here on Mac. Maybe I can debug this when I am back on a Windows PC.

@visionbyeric:
Also thanks for reporting: I remember (it was a very long time ago) we had such issues sometimes - also on Windows only. In past, Windows did not want to give us some kB of RAM memory, even when there were GBs of free memory left. Whyever. It will be hard to debug this, because this only happens sometimes on some single Windows PCs. On exactly these PCs someone must run a debugger and have a look for the line of code, which crashes the app. But even then I can't guaranty that we are able to fix this.
Did the 1.9 64bit (non static) version run? If not, you could try to install Qt with MinGW64 compiler + Debugger, compile the code, run via debugger and tell us where it crashes. No coding skills needed.
There is no issue running the 32bit version on a 64bit system. It just is not the optimum, so you'll loose one or two frames per second in maximum render speed.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

bouncyball

Yes @masc's right. Please try 1.9 non static 64 build and report back.

visionbyeric

I installed Qt Creator 4.10.2 (Community), I don't know what to do next. I don't know how to compile and debug it. If someone is wants to tell me what I need to do, I'm willing to compile and debug it.

Thanks,

Eric

2blackbar

you mean you want to compile windows version ?
Its easy just download qt 13.2, thats the one i have, and open mlvapp.pro in it, then set it up so its using mingw, it will probably do it on its own afair.
Its preconfigured for you.
ITs about 7GB of data.
Mi pomogl uzytkownik cmh ale w sumie samo sie wszystko poustawialo tylko rzy instalacji qt trzeba zaznaczyc mingw

Walter Schulz

Quote from: 2blackbar on December 01, 2019, 01:25:49 AM
you mean you want to compile windows version ?

See reply 3705. I think he's following imstructions given there.

masc

Quote from: visionbyeric on November 30, 2019, 11:50:23 PM
I installed Qt Creator 4.10.2 (Community), I don't know what to do next. I don't know how to compile and debug it. If someone is wants to tell me what I need to do, I'm willing to compile and debug it.
Quote from: 2blackbar on December 01, 2019, 01:25:49 AM
Its easy just download qt 13.2, ...
Did you install also the framework or only Creator? You'll need (only) Creator+MinGW64+Qt5.13.2(this one I tried and it works fine over here for MLVApp).
To compile:
- Download source archive here: https://github.com/ilia3101/MLV-App
- Unzip, and open MLVApp/platform/qt/MLVApp.pro
- Creator will ask howto configure... make sure a MinGW64 toolchain is checked (at least with Debug and Release)
- at the left bottom there is a "computer" icon: choose "Debug"
- at the left bottom there is a green "play" icon: press it, now it compiles, when successfully finished MLVApp starts automatically
For debugging:
- press the green "play" button with the bug insteady of the button without bug
The debug version will be way slower then the release version, but you're able to get the line of code where the app crashes.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

domasa

I have problem with import file. How can I fix it?

MLV Error
Invalid blockSize '0', corrupted file:  V:\video\M21-1645.MLV

Thanks for the help!

masc

Quote from: domasa on December 01, 2019, 12:37:03 PM
I have problem with import file. How can I fix it?
MLV Error

Your file contains data, but no header. So MLVApp has no information what to do with all the data. Some months ago someone had the same problem and there was a (modified?) mlv_dump way to insert some header info...
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

2blackbar

I installed everything you mentioned.
Just opened mlvapp to do changes to h264 compression ( gave it 13 instgead of 14)then compiled release , thanks !

domasa

Quote from: domasa on December 01, 2019, 12:37:03 PM
MLV Error

I fixed it with mlvfs.exe (version "May 6 2017").

bouncyball

Quote from: domasa on December 01, 2019, 10:38:17 PM
I fixed it with mlvfs.exe (version "May 6 2017").
Strange. Give me that MLV to debug this issue please.

a1ex

Quote from: masc on November 25, 2019, 09:44:51 PM
@a1ex: Bouncyball was working on a fix for this problem and you could try if it works. It is not yet in the release, but the source is commited to the repos - are you able to compile?

Yes. The fix appears to work; here's a sample file, exported twice:

Block: VERS
  Offset: 0x0000023c
  Number: 8
    Size: 119
    Time: 18446744073709552.000000 ms
  String: 'exported by MLV App version 1.10 on 10:08:23 Dec  2 2019; export mode: MLV_FAST_PASS (audio: OFF) '
  Offset: 0x000002b3
  Number: 9
    Size: 119
  String: 'exported by MLV App version 1.10 on 10:07:33 Dec  2 2019; export mode: MLV_FAST_PASS (audio: OFF) '
  Offset: 0x0000032a
  Number: 10
    Size: 40
  String: 'MLV App version 1.9'

I had some trouble figuring out how to select a part of the MLV file for export, but eventually found the Cut In & Cut Out dialog on the right side :)

Thumbs up for now :)

domasa

bouncyball

Quote from: domasa on December 02, 2019, 03:30:30 PM
Just MLV? All files are 15 GB...
Yes, that exact MLV which causes this error. Do not cut it, I need the original.

Edit: if you meant one clip is .MLV and subsequent .M01 ... .Mxx = 15GB, then eh... yup, I need whole clip ;)

ilia3101

@bouncyball glad you are going to investigate this. Can't wait to find out what causes that error so I can also know to avoid it in libMLV.

Luther

Hey, I saw the github issue about a new logo. How about a homage to the horse in motion? There's some nice icons here, as inspiration.
I don't like much the idea of using magick references... it was overused by many already (imagemagick, g'mic, etc), IMO.

Kharak

Hi,

I just noticed on 1st post it says "if you want to process DNG's, use dngapp.com" the link is broken. I never heard of Dng app? Is it a joke?

If it is a joke, then jokes on you cause now i can process dng's in MLV App  :-*

once you go raw you never go back

ilia3101

ilia3101

Quote from: Luther on December 03, 2019, 09:07:12 PM
Hey, I saw the github issue about a new logo. How about a homage to the horse in motion? There's some nice icons here, as inspiration.
I don't like much the idea of using magick references... it was overused by many already (imagemagick, g'mic, etc), IMO.

My thoughts:

- You have a good point about the 'magic' thing

- I want the colour scheme to be based on mostly Red, Green and Blue (because bayer filter has those colours)

- I don't want it to look like an iPhone app (MLV App's name containing 'App' is not enough to justify that)

- I like reflections and 3D-ness, I also the icons in macOS

I would like a new icon.

My original logo is not amazing. It does not relate to MLV or video or image processing in any way, but I think it looks quite nice. And because it is made in Blender you can do stuff like this:

(from 1.0 release)

Luther

Quote from: Ilia3101 on December 04, 2019, 08:52:36 PM
- I don't want it to look like an iPhone app (MLV App's name containing 'App' is not enough to justify that)
I agree 100%.
- I like reflections and 3D-ness, I also the icons in macOS
I like it too, but for logos 3D is not very practical, because it must be something simple enough to be readly recognized. Also, it must be in vector (.SVG), in case you want to apply to other resolutions (print in some tshirt, stickers, etc).
My original logo is not amazing.
I actually like it. Maybe you guys could keep it simple and just stay with the original logo, but redraw on inkscape and try to simplify the design...