MLV App 1.14 - All in one MLV Video Post Processing App [Windows, Mac and Linux]

Started by ilia3101, July 08, 2017, 10:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

masc

5D3.113 | EOSM.202

2blackbar

Maybe if You would be interested with it in the future, here is virtualdub gradation curves filter sourcecode, it has lab color profile and other ones so its easier to lookup the math behind them:
http://members.chello.at/nagiller/vdub/downloads.html

Luther

Quote from: koopg on October 27, 2019, 01:32:54 PM
great app first of all.

recently I have bought a spider color checker.
it comes with a software that can export color profile for you cam + lens after taking a raw picture of a color plate.
this could be achieved using a  stand alone software or a plug in for lightroom.

is there a possible way to use this color profile under MLV app ?

It creates a DCP file @koopg? Currently there's no way to input DCP files in MLVApp. Are you using this to get correct white balance? Try a simple 18% gray card... MLVApp has a WB picker.

Quote from: masc on October 27, 2019, 05:58:23 PM
Yes, this would be a new development.

I requested this before here and here, but upon some reading of the RT code, the Lab feature requires many core functions. Might be really difficult to adapt it to mlvapp.
@2blackbar The feature CIECAM02 in advanced tab can be a better way to bring correct saturation to shadows. Instead of using a "film-like" curve, try to increase "Brightness + Colorfulness (QM)" in CIECAM first. From my tests, this method of correcting exposure adapts shadow/highlight saturation very well already. Sometimes it's not even necessary to use Lab adjustments...

masc

I tried to get a RGB2LAB and LAB2RGB conversion running... the results were not satisfying in any way. Maybe the code I found was not good enough. Who knows.
@Luther: in what application do I find this "advanced tab"? RawTherapee?

If anyone is interested and has not seen it yet: I made a tutorial about a possible workflow between MLVApp and FCPX (Resolve and Vegas should work the same way, but I did not try). It is the workflow I always use and which works fine for me, even in bigger (400GB+ of MLVs) projects. Make sure having subtitles enabled.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxWJImABSW0
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Luther

masc

Found some code for a new feature, tested and added it to MLVApp. Then I modded it a bit to make it even more powerful. It is a CA correction, which works with RGB data. It searches at contrast edges for wrong colors and corrects them. The good thing: this also works for color moiree! This means we now can filter most of the ugly color artifacts in 3x3 lineskipping modes! See here:
Original:

Filtered:

Would be cool if you could check out, compile and report your findings!
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

DeafEyeJedi

Holy Moly @masc! Had to jump out of bed and compile...  :o

It's like asking myself... am I still dreaming? That's how good this is!
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

timbytheriver

Blimey. Play-time!  :D

I made clean, compiled and got no command-line errors but the final compiled app on 10.14.4 has a white line through it, and I get the message 'You can't open the application "MLV App" because it may be damaged or incomplete.'

Any ideas?

Errors:

Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
  "_CACorrection", referenced from:
      _applyProcessingObject in raw_processing.o
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
clang-7: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
make: *** [MLV App.app/Contents/MacOS/MLV App] Error 1

5D3 1.1.3
5D2 2.1.2

DeafEyeJedi

Actually I can second this error @timbytheriver as well!

This very system (10.14.6) compiled just fine few days ago...

I've also tried running 'U' via MLV_App_Compiler which didn't help either.

What gives? Apple can be full of surprises...  :o

masc

So you both can't compile? Hm... strange. Looks like a linker problem. Did you run qmake? I guess you cleaned all before compiling?
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

timbytheriver

5D3 1.1.3
5D2 2.1.2

masc

No idea, I never used the compiler app. QMake is located in the Qt bin folder and has to be run with the file MLVApp/platform/MLVApp.pro. With that Makefile is created / updated. If you have QtCreator, all this works automatically when pressing build button.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

DeafEyeJedi

I usually prefer to run 'op' than 'c' via MLV_App_Compiler just because I feel dandy and more confidence!  :P

Perhaps I should take this issue over to @Danne's MLV_App_Compiler then?

Sorry I had thought this was definitely related to this... who knows? I'll be up either way...  :-X

Thanks @Danne for confirming!  :)

Danne

Confirm compiling broken due to CACorrection update:
framework QtCore -framework DiskArbitration -framework IOKit -framework OpenGL -framework AGL   
clang-7: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

masc

???  ::)  :-[ Höööööö... here it compiles fine. All the includes are there and the ColorAberrationCorrection.o object is also created. This one has the reference which your compilers call "undefined". You find it in "MLV_App/platform/build-MLVApp-Desktop_Qt_x_y_z_....._64bit-Release/.obj/". Don't understand this.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

masc

Added a "extern" for the reference. Could you try again? (Don't expect any difference, but maybe we've luck.)

Edit: and another one. Is this the only error, or do you see something more?
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

whitelight

Quote from: masc on November 01, 2019, 02:07:54 PM
Found some code for a new feature, tested and added it to MLVApp. Then I modded it a bit to make it even more powerful. It is a CA correction, which works with RGB data. It searches at contrast edges for wrong colors and corrects them. The good thing: this also works for color moiree! This means we now can filter most of the ugly color artifacts in 3x3 lineskipping modes! See here:
Original:

Filtered:

Would be cool if you could check out, compile and report your findings!

AWESOME! I am looking forward to seeing this implemented

timbytheriver

Same failure:

Quite a lot of 'Warnings' earlier on in the command line also...

../../src/processing/rbfilter/rbf.h:148:9: warning: expression result unused [-Wunused-value]
        *--temp_x; *temp_x = 0.5f*((*temp_x) + (*--in_x));
et al.
5D3 1.1.3
5D2 2.1.2

Danne

Quote from: masc on November 01, 2019, 03:51:24 PM
Added a "extern" for the reference. Could you try again? (Don't expect any difference, but maybe we've luck.)

Edit: and another one. Is this the only error, or do you see something more?
Only error.
Add extern? Where? In code, compiler?

masc

5D3.113 | EOSM.202

timbytheriver

If I try to make-clean I get:

make: make: *** No rule to make target `clean'.  Stop.
rm -rf "MLV App" "MLV App".app main.o video_mlv.o debayer.o amaze_demosaic.o raw_processing.o main_methods.o useful_methods.o background_thread.o matrix.o camera_matrices.o frame_caching.o lj92.o session_methods.o delegate.o mlv_view.o llrawproc.o pixelproc.o stripes.o patternnoise.o hist.o dualiso.o avf_lib.o filter.o genann.o blur_threaded.o dng.o darkframe.o camera_id.o audio_mlv.o *.o
5D3 1.1.3
5D2 2.1.2

masc

Quote from: timbytheriver on November 01, 2019, 04:05:30 PM
If I try to make-clean I get:

make: make: *** No rule to make target `clean'.  Stop.
rm -rf "MLV App" "MLV App".app main.o video_mlv.o debayer.o amaze_demosaic.o raw_processing.o main_methods.o useful_methods.o background_thread.o matrix.o camera_matrices.o frame_caching.o lj92.o session_methods.o delegate.o mlv_view.o llrawproc.o pixelproc.o stripes.o patternnoise.o hist.o dualiso.o avf_lib.o filter.o genann.o blur_threaded.o dng.o darkframe.o camera_id.o audio_mlv.o *.o

Hm, ColorAberrationCorrection.o is missing. But why it is not included in your makefile? QMake would include it (as it does here). Could you check date and time of your Makefile? And if ColorAberrationCorrection.o can be found inside?
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

timbytheriver

my Makefile inside MLv_app_master folder is dated today 14.58

can only find ColorAberrationCorrection.h in there – no .o
5D3 1.1.3
5D2 2.1.2

masc

Here a part of what my qmake creates:

####### Output directory

OBJECTS_DIR   = .obj/

####### Files

SOURCES       = ../qt/main.cpp \