MLV App 1.14 - All in one MLV Video Post Processing App [Windows, Mac and Linux]

Started by ilia3101, July 08, 2017, 10:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bouncyball

Guys the MLV App Linux AppImage is downloads champion again...

I guess some AI Bot, with ML supported Canon camera, really felt in love with it ;)

IDA_ML

Quote from: bouncyball on August 07, 2018, 11:59:30 AM
Guys the MLV App Linux AppImage is downloads champion again...

This is because you guys did a hell of a job with MLVApp!  If something is so good and also free, the good word about it spreads very quckly and everybody wants to have it.   Congratulations to everyone involved in this remarkable development!

togg

Quote from: bouncyball on August 03, 2018, 06:46:32 PM
"Force" option forces searching of bad pixels for each frame, that is why it is more reliable for dynamic bad pixels, but takes lot more time.
You had to try also "aggressive" mode with "on" it removes more, even false alarmed, pixels.

Edit: I tested "On" + "Aggr" (aggressive) with your clip and it removed all unwanted stuff easily.
Edit2: well maybe some small cyan colored ones left unremoved...

Yes, that's exactly it. Aggressive gets a lot of false allarmed one and On miss a fews. In the end I decided to change the camera completelly so it is less of an issue now, I just wanted to give the worst possible file a shot.

bouncyball

Quote from: togg on August 07, 2018, 04:36:18 PM
I just wanted to give the worst possible file a shot.
I bet you've chosen the right one :)

12georgiadis

Hello, I can't access to the latest version. There is nothing when I click to the link...

masc

5D3.113 | EOSM.202

JackDaniel412

Hello everybody! Trying the latest version, when i use darkframe subtraction randomly crash during export. About one clip over 4/5 randomly.

Someone can help me?

Thank's

12georgiadis

Question : which solution is used for anti-aliasing ? Is it something related to optical flow ? Because it's warping a lot. Or is it the same solution used by Danne ?

masc

Quote from: JackDaniel412 on August 13, 2018, 07:08:55 PM
Hello everybody! Trying the latest version, when i use darkframe subtraction randomly crash during export. About one clip over 4/5 randomly.
Someone can help me?
It is a known "Windows only" bug, which is not yet solved. None of the devs was able to reproduce it yet. https://github.com/ilia3101/MLV-App/issues/96
If it occurs on your system, you can try to debug. That could really help. 50mm1200s also tried that and gave many information...

Quote from: 12georgiadis on August 13, 2018, 07:41:10 PM
Question : which solution is used for anti-aliasing ? Is it something related to optical flow ? Because it's warping a lot. Or is it the same solution used by Danne ?
Smooth aliasing filter works with optical flow and works best for scenes with only a little movement. Dannes script solution works with enfuse and works best for clips without movement.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Danne

Actually slight movement is wanted but to much subjects moving around will cause blurr/ghosting. From my tests I think the anti aliasing solution in mlv app is more reliable to work with. I didn't test too much though so feel free to experiment.

Mefist

Not work Transformation (((
video 5D Mark III 50fps 1920x648 aspect ratio 1.67

I set the settings:
Widht Stretch 1.0x
Height Stretch 1.67x
RAW correction - Off

converts anyway with color and narrow frame

File Export:

what to do?

masc

Quote from: Mefist on August 14, 2018, 03:14:39 AM
Not work Transformation (((
video 5D Mark III 50fps 1920x648 aspect ratio 1.67

I set the settings:
Widht Stretch 1.0x
Height Stretch 1.67x
RAW correction - Off

converts anyway with color and narrow frame

what to do?
You forgot to write how you export. I bet not using ffmpeg. Stretching is a ffmpeg only option.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

bouncyball

@masc

IMHO stretching should be restricted for any, non ffmpeg, exports in the gui.

masc

Quote from: bouncyball on August 14, 2018, 09:55:48 AM
@masc

IMHO stretching should be restricted for any, non ffmpeg, exports in the gui.
But this would mean we disable nearly the whole GUI if MLV or CDNG is chosen in export menu... I am not sure if I like this idea...

With this darkframe crash some light comes in the dark for me... on Windows only, memory allocation does not work as expected. See issue #96 on our github repos.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

50mm1200s

Quote from: masc on August 14, 2018, 10:16:33 AM
With this darkframe crash some light comes in the dark for me... on Windows only, memory allocation does not work as expected. See issue #96 on our github repos.

Ha! Told you it was malloc() :P
If you need to test some patch, I will be here.

masc

Quote from: 50mm1200s on August 14, 2018, 12:50:23 PM
Ha! Told you it was malloc() :P
If you need to test some patch, I will be here.
Hehe... thanks! But what can we do, if a standard function like malloc works not as expected... and on one single OS only?!
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Mefist

Quote from: masc on August 14, 2018, 08:00:09 AM
You forgot to write how you export. I bet not using ffmpeg. Stretching is a ffmpeg only option.

File Export:
CinemaDNG Uncompressed

masc

Quote from: Mefist on August 14, 2018, 01:27:52 PM
File Export:
CinemaDNG Uncompressed
CDNG is RAW, so no processing is done at all! Only RAW Correction changes the output for CDNG.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Mefist

Danne

The cdng probably contains the stretched info (default scale tag) but question is why your chosen nle doesn't read that tag when you export. Acr will read this tag, dcraw too but resolve, premiere pro doesn't...

Mefist

Camera Raw and Lihtroom show correctly size

but changes the color ((((but this option is disabled when exporting

bouncyball

Quote from: masc on August 14, 2018, 10:16:33 AM
But this would mean we disable nearly the whole GUI if MLV or CDNG is chosen in export menu... I am not sure if I like this idea...
LOL
I mean in the export dialog (which is already done, my bad) ;)

Danne

Lightroom=acr.
Are you expoting through lightroom? Then there's where your issue lies. Try export through after effects.

Mefist

I opened the first CDNG in the lightroom to watch it

to fix 1920x648 can only be stretched to 1920x1080 in DiVinci?