MLV App 1.14 - All in one MLV Video Post Processing App [Windows, Mac and Linux]

Started by ilia3101, July 08, 2017, 10:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danne

That is good. Tif should be enough.
So I guess porting to linux and windows is next ;)

masc

Hej Danne. I tried implementing the scripting class. Look into master branch. I tried to find all calls you did in your repos. The existing script installs automatically on compiling into the app. If you have further scripts you can drag them into the session space - that will install it into MLVApp. You can chose the script via export settings. For now macOS only. Have a try if you like ;)

5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Danne

Shit, so cool! Will try asap. Unfortunately busy right now but will find time. Cool!

Danne

This a great addition masc! One issue so far regarding created fps file when exporting to tif folders. I have put in a comment here:
https://github.com/ilia3101/MLV-App/commit/adb966c036c03ddb78a18e066a78d76831e1b141

Example HDR

masc

Looks good @Danne! Miow. Thanks for trying out and reporting. I tried to fix that and found even more bugs  :P
Please try again! ;)
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Danne

Danne

Great masc! All works now. I also added wav support to tif workflow in my latest script. download here if anybody wants to try it out:
https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/mlv-app-danne/downloads/MLV%20App.app.zip

Teamsleepkid

I've been trying it... i see my folder with tiffs updating. its sticking together tiffs right? i guess i just don't know how to get a video out of it. its disappearing after the folder is done. then it says "OK" and theres a little switch box that says "kill" or "quit" how to use these three buttons? and how to get a video out of it? and thanks seems very interesting/promising. the next advancements will no doubt be software related in regards to magic lantern.
EOS M

Danne

@Teamsleepkid
Could you try with a short file, let´s say 10 frames? In Cut in & Cut out in Mlv App specify 10 in Out.
Why? Since processing takes very long this way you can check earlier if you are getting any output or not.

Also try the latest version here:

Replaced tblend ffmpeg filter with enfuse merging which works a lot better. Enfuse is already downloaded in the Hugin package so it takes no extra space. WHy I couldn´t use it before was because of flicker but with some roundtripping it now works:
Commit:
https://github.com/dannephoto/MLV-App/commit/64dbfd0965cb9f549d09ecdb3e3621be83364c67

tblend

Enfuse

There is a log file coming out now but it won´t say very much at the moment. You can check if any dependency is missing from the log. Or post output here.

The terminal box in the corner is for you to be able to kill or CANCEL processing. I changed layout a bit now but CANCEL is killing the processes Closing the window is only closing the terminal box but continues processing.

whysodifficult

Hi guys,
may i ask 2 questions, please?
1) Why does MLV App change colors so much? How can I see the original look?
2) Do you know that MOV H.265 is not opening in Quicktime?

This is very close to real look:

And this what MLV App gives:

masc

Quote from: whysodifficult on April 30, 2018, 08:14:22 AM
Hi guys,
may i ask 2 questions, please?
1) Why does MLV App change colors so much? How can I see the original look?
2) Do you know that MOV H.265 is not opening in Quicktime?
1. That was discussed many times: MLVApp uses 5D2 camera matrices. In other words: 5D2 clips look best here, clips from other cams (I don't know what you use) may not be 100% correct. Ilia is working on a solution for all cameras, but this is difficult. But on the other side: every program I used in past gave me a slightly different interpretation of RAW files.
2. Apple seems to have problems with H.265. VLC can open it for example. Apple AVFoundation also can't export to H.265 in many macOS.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Danne

Hi masc.
Could you possibly write out MLV input folder path to a txt file called sent to /tmp/Data3.txt
This way I will have more control over all three paths(application, destination, source paths)
In scripting.c I suppose is where it could be put. Similar(loosely describe below  :P):
    //path to MLV source folder
    QString path = QFileInfo( m_lastSaveFileName ).absolutePath();
    QString filename4 = "/tmp/Data3.txt";
    QFile file4(filename4);
    file4.open(QIODevice::WriteOnly);

file4.close();

Danne

Ok, think I fixed the source path myself.
Also added changes to HDR_MOV.command, lots of new stuff lately, safety checks and logging procedures:
https://github.com/dannephoto/MLV-App/commit/2b23894101f7cf8bb72d04832c923a7788d6b1ab

Latest version:

Suggestion:
If dragging .command script to the session window that if it already exists in application folder overwrite the old one with the newly dragged one. Good to be able when adding changes to the script and just short cut them into applications folder.

masc

Quote from: Danne on May 01, 2018, 08:02:24 AM
Hi masc.
Could you possibly write out MLV input folder path to a txt file called sent to /tmp/Data3.txt
This way I will have more control over all three paths(application, destination, source paths)
That is difficult, because each file in the session could have a different path.

Quote from: Danne on May 01, 2018, 12:41:52 PM
Suggestion:
If dragging .command script to the session window that if it already exists in application folder overwrite the old one with the newly dragged one. Good to be able when adding changes to the script and just short cut them into applications folder.
Yes, I thought it is realized this way. That does not work? It does not overwrite? I'll have a look...
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

masc

@Danne: script overwriting on import is corrected (sometimes I should better read the Qt manual). Please try out! ;)
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

bouncyball

Hey Danne could you share small HDR MLV sample to test with latest stuff under linux?

Danne

I checked your code and it should overwrite. It didn't say anything in prompt so if it works it would be nice to have some prompt opening telling us the command file was replaced.
You are right could be multiple mlv folders added, however, would it be possible to append the file /tmp/Data3.txt so that all source folders are listed? How is Mlv App working multiple source folders right now I wonder?

@bouncyball
Check here:
https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/mlv-app-danne/downloads/

Edit: @masc. Missed that you fixed overwriting. Will check soon...

masc

Quote from: Danne on May 01, 2018, 05:35:30 PM
I checked your code and it should overwrite. It didn't say anything in prompt so if it works it would be nice to have some prompt opening telling us the command file was replaced.
The Qt copy function does not overwrite. So I delete the file first now. Should work now with latest commit.

Quote from: Danne on May 01, 2018, 05:35:30 PM
You are right could be multiple mlv folders added, however, would it be possible to append the file /tmp/Data3.txt so that all source folders are listed? How is Mlv App working multiple source folders right now I wonder?
MLVApp saves all pathes of all files in the session in a variable-structure, together with all settings made in the edit-area. If you need it, we should create one txt file per clip. Where do you like to have that? Do you delete the temp files when ready, to not become a messy HDD?
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Danne

I see, every folder path is saved once selected?
Anyway, either send txt files to /tmp or if possible simply append every path to one txt file, something equivalent to:
echo path1 > /tmp/Data3.txt
echo path2 >> /tmp/Data3.txt

Will check overwrite version soon.

edit: if appending does not work and we need to collect multiple txt files it would be more handy if a folder is created and all path txt files are sent to it. Something like:
/tmp/mlvapp_paths

masc

Quote from: Danne on May 01, 2018, 05:54:37 PM
I see, every folder path is saved once selected?
Yes - as long the session is opened. If you save the session, it is listed in the .masxml (here you can read most of the variables saved too).

Anyway, either send txt files to /tmp or if possible simply append every path to one txt file, something equivalent to:
echo path1 > /tmp/Data3.txt
echo path2 >> /tmp/Data3.txt

Doesn't this overwrite the file for each mlv? In the end only the last path is in the file, or am I wrong? Or is every folder in a new line in this file?

if appending does not work and we need to collect multiple txt files it would be more handy if a folder is created and all path txt files are sent to it. Something like:
/tmp/mlvapp_paths
Yes, we can do this - would be cleaner. But an autodelete from time to time would also be nice - what do you think?
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

ultimatemale

Hi guys everytime I opened a folder (from a full 64gb card) and drag the whole clips into MLV APP, for some reason it won't accept the LAST clip in that folder (it ckeeps saying its corrupt). Am talking about clips recorded with the usual MLV RAW build(not this new 4k RAW build)
I have tried opening just that LAST clip alone in MLV APP it still won't (its always the last clip on every full 64GB card folder).
I know its not corrupt because RAWmagic is able to open and convert these files

Anyone having this same issue?
Would you like me to upload a link for you to download and try?

I shoot on a 5D3 With old build from (wwhich work fine)

LINK
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1K8DNFBCgiYBCglxdZe_ZsAA1QFhHTWU_?usp=sharing

masc

Quote from: ultimatemale on May 01, 2018, 06:08:43 PM
Hi guys everytime I opened a folder (from a full 64gb card) and drag the whole clips into MLV APP, for some reason it won't accept the LAST clip in that folder (it ckeeps saying its corrupt). Am talking about clips recorded with the usual MLV RAW build(not this new 4k RAW build)
I have tried opening just that LAST clip alone in MLV APP it still won't (its always the last clip on every full 64GB card folder).
I know its not corrupt because RAWmagic is able to open and convert these files
What happens, if you only open this one single file?
Edit... ah, does also not open. Then please upload this file! ;)
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Danne

Quote from: masc on May 01, 2018, 06:06:48 PM
Doesn't this overwrite the file for each mlv? In the end only the last path is in the file, or am I wrong? Or is every folder in a new line in this file?
Yes, we can do this - would be cleaner. But an autodelete from time to time would also be nice - what do you think?

Appending will collect all paths neatly placed in a list. When list is opened we will find:
path1
path2
path3
And so on. Now the script can safely check for existence and check mlv and so on.
Auto delete, that's right, could be an issue here if the lists stays in there. Hm, maybe collect separate files as you say. As long as the files exists in the session it should stay in the folder.
Hopefully this isn't too complicated. If so I will have to rearrange some deletion routines in the script.

edit: the more I think of the harder it seems. Even if deleting mlv files there can be mutiple files here that comes from different folders.
Main reason I want the source folders is to know if I can safely delete the mov or tif folders once they are created by matching mlv to the file/folder that will be deleted. Then again it would be sufficient to send onle the MLV filenames to a dedicated mlv list and then I can just grep for the file name instead.
So how can we send a MLV list to /tmp?

masc

Quote from: Danne on May 01, 2018, 06:39:40 PM
Appending will collect all paths neatly placed in a list. When list is opened we will find:
path1
path2
path3
And so on. Now the script can safely check for existence and check mlv and so on.
Auto delete, that's right, could be an issue here if the lists stays in there. Hm, maybe collect separate files as you say. As long as the files exists in the session it should stay in the folder.
Hopefully this isn't too complicated. If so I will have to rearrange some deletion routines in the script.
Would it be better to have all paths+filenames (one per line) in this file? So you are able to get the info which file is in which path.

If we have all files in /tmp/mlvapp_paths, then just delete the folder in the end of the script ;)
5D3.113 | EOSM.202