Translate problem

Started by h13fotografia, July 18, 2012, 01:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

h13fotografia

I translated the BMP files in the folder doc for Brazilian Portuguese but can not see on camera.
Some software to do this conversion?

a1ex

They need to be compressed with RLE, with this script:
http://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/src/tip/src/convertrle.rb

Probably it's better to just translate the source texts (under "doc" directory in ML tree) and render the bitmaps from scratch.

However, I suggest waiting until the stable release, as I may change a few words here and there.

h13fotografia

Tks Alex!
After testing. send here in the forum

Alia5

Maybe an Idea for the next version of ML would be to choose languages?
I would volunteer for german translation, though i don't have that much time ;)

scrax

@A1ex
I'm a bit confused by one thing, the sources on the doc folders are used also for the wiki?
Since I've translated almost all the guide for 2.2 on the old wiki, and now I need to restart for 2.3 seems.
I'm looking for a way to keep trak of changes in doc so to know what is different from 2.2 guide in 2.3 and add only those changes to 2.2 italian translation.
I'll ask for help to a friend of mine that does translations for job if there is some software for making also a dictionary that I can use in future updates maybe.

My goal is to find a way to make easy to keep translations updated with main english guide, so if someone knows how to do it please post suggestions
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

a1ex

Yes, the sources on doc folders are also used for wiki. There are still a few formatting problems though, so the current wiki page is a bit adjusted by hand.

scrax

Ok so I'll translate them in a /doc/it folder.
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-