100D Raw video 14bit 12Mb/s ! Oo

Started by bastien42, July 03, 2017, 02:09:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bastien42

hello everyone I hope to find some help here I've tried recently to record RAW MLV shot with my 100D and so you know I use an SD card from SanDisk 16GB 80MB/s class 10 and my camera supposedly could write at 40Mb/s as this website said it "http://rawcalculator.bitballoon.com/calculator_desktop" when you select 100D it would give you such spec so to perform continuous recording in 16:9

and in cinemascope so 2.35:1

and when I either try to record or benchmark the SD card it tells me that I write on a max of 13Mb/s is that any normal (sincerely I hope no) and if no how to counter it
100D ,EF-S 18-55mm f/3,5-5,6 IS STM, EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM, EF 50mm f/1.8 STM, Yongnuo YN-568EX II ,Manfrotto Compact + 3D head

Walter Schulz

Use a decent cardreader (Kingston FCR-HS3/FCR-HS4 are working just fine. See http://www.cameramemoryspeed.com/reviews/card-readers/ ) and run a benchmark program on your computer. Recommended for Windows: CrystalDiskMark
OS X/macOS: Blackmagic Disk Speed Test
If the numbers for sequential read/write do match the numbers shown in ML you own a faked card. Contact your dealer and ask for replacement.
If the numbers are within card specs try running ML benchmark without other modules loaded, Global Draw OFF and cam switched to photo mode.

Teamsleepkid

gotta watch out some cards are rated for 80MB per second READ. you need WRITE. I bought a card that said 100MB on it and had the same problem. it was the READ spec on the box. After I read it more carefully i realized i made a mistake and took it back.
EOS M

andy kh

Go for sandisk extreme pro if u want to record raw. I have few cards form sony and Sandisk. Sony card rated 80Mbs write speed and it performs well  in my computer and can write 60 Mbs/s in my PC but my camera can write only 36 Mbs/s.  Thinking  that my camera  can write only 40 Mbs/s, bought myself some Sandisk 45Mb/s. It performs little better than than Sony card but I wanted to try Sandisk extreme pro so bought one 64Gb and all I can say is "wow" it performs so well. I can even record higher than 720p for so many minutes with this card if not continuous.
5D Mark III - 70D

bastien42

Quote from: Walter Schulz on July 06, 2017, 05:59:31 PM
Use a decent cardreader (Kingston FCR-HS3/FCR-HS4 are working just fine. See http://www.cameramemoryspeed.com/reviews/card-readers/ ) and run a benchmark program on your computer. Recommended for Windows: CrystalDiskMark
OS X/macOS: Blackmagic Disk Speed Test
If the numbers for sequential read/write do match the numbers shown in ML you own a faked card. Contact your dealer and ask for replacement.
If the numbers are within card specs try running ML benchmark without other modules loaded, Global Draw OFF and cam switched to photo mode.

Quote from: Teamsleepkid on July 06, 2017, 10:35:03 PM
gotta watch out some cards are rated for 80MB per second READ. you need WRITE. I bought a card that said 100MB on it and had the same problem. it was the READ spec on the box. After I read it more carefully i realized i made a mistake and took it back.

t
Quote from: andy kh on July 07, 2017, 03:59:06 AM
Go for sandisk extreme pro if u want to record raw. I have few cards form sony and Sandisk. Sony card rated 80Mbs write speed and it performs well  in my computer and can write 60 Mbs/s in my PC but my camera can write only 36 Mbs/s.  Thinking  that my camera  can write only 40 Mbs/s, bought myself some Sandisk 45Mb/s. It performs little better than than Sony card but I wanted to try Sandisk extreme pro so bought one 64Gb and all I can say is "wow" it performance so well. I can even record higher than 720p for so many minutes with this card if not continuous.

thanks all i'll do that and so you know the camera is a second hand on which i jut changed the sensor because the low pass filter was damaged and the Sd card was included with the camera but you're right i'll check up for a benchmark on the pc i'll let you know what i find thanks again !
100D ,EF-S 18-55mm f/3,5-5,6 IS STM, EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM, EF 50mm f/1.8 STM, Yongnuo YN-568EX II ,Manfrotto Compact + 3D head

bastien42

So i come back to you to tell you that it's actually my sd that is the prblem here and so i'll change it for :

https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B01469QEK0/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1VLV8SS1OTRCW&coliid=I1CPXJQUVUPNM8&psc=1

and it will be all good so thanks all and i wish you some good shoot ! ;=)