Problem with shooting RAW on Canon 5D MkII

Started by Ephrain4, June 28, 2017, 10:24:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ephrain4

Hi, my Canon 5D MkII won't record RAW. I've installed ML, I have changed every module and setting according to this website. However in the Movie menu where RAW is selected, it is grayed out. When I record RAW the screen says it's recording RAW but when I look on the CF card in Bridge there's just a mov file.

Also when I'm recording there is a pink or green flash across the screen, this is shown when filming and when playing back.

Should the video play back in camera if it is RAW?

I'm running Firmware Ver 2.1.2-ml-Nightly.2 Should I have installed the stable version first? it does seem imply this on this website.

I have watched every video on youtube and read pretty much everything on this forum and I just can't figure it out. I'm pretty sure my CF card - a SanDisk Extreme PRO 32GB 160 MB/s card is fast enough.

I installed formatted and reinstalled many times over the last two days, what am I doing wrong?????

Thanks.

reddeercity

First There a Camera-specific discussion Canon 5D Mark II / 5D2 thread post there --second where did you get that build ?
Only use nightly build from here anything outside the forum cannot be trusted to work correctly .
What the build date ? , all camera setting ? What module's are loaded ?

You're just recording H264 .mov not raw .mlv

hanibbal665

Seeing your first picture, the message tells you that you have to go to Canon's menu and change Liveview from "Stills" to "Stills + Movie" and then "Movie display". Do that and probably it won't be grayed out anymore.

zerogvfx

I have the same problem with the same warning and my camera is set to Still + Movie.
It's something else. I'll try the Camera-specific discussion as well.

Canon 5D MkII, Lexar 1066x, magiclantern-Nightly.2017Aug18.5D2212

zerogvfx

Quote from: hanibbal665 on June 29, 2017, 12:17:35 PM
Seeing your first picture, the message tells you that you have to go to Canon's menu and change Liveview from "Stills" to "Stills + Movie" and then "Movie display". Do that and probably it won't be grayed out anymore.

The camera needs to be switched into the live View shooting mode to activate the loaded modules.

mlv_play

mlv_rec
mlv_snd

Just press the live View shooting button.

Some times it's procedural.

Cheers