Errors installing ML 2.3 on 550D/T2i

Started by mafalda31, August 11, 2012, 02:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mafalda31

HI,

I'm trying to install Magic Lantern since Three days on my Canon 550D. I've got the good firmware version, my SD card is ok, I did every thing in instructions but each time the screen of my camera turns black and the red light flash and nothing happens for 1 or 2 minutes...can anyone help me to resolve this problem?

Thanks a lot

Malcolm Debono

If you have the correct firmware, all you need to do is copy all the ML files onto your SD card, turn on the camera with the card inserted and select firmware upgrade from Canon menu (by clicking on the firmware version). After that, you should see a screen with green text confirming that ML was installed on your card, and after a reboot you are ready to start using ML.

Are these the steps you followed?
Wedding & event cinematographer
C100 & 6D shooter
New here?  Check out the FAQs here!

mafalda31

Thanks Malcolm,

I wish it was so simple, but I've already done what you've said, and it doesn't work...Does anybody have the same problem?

Malcolm Debono

Are you on firmware 1.0.9? Also, did you clear custom settings before installing ML? What card are you using?
Wedding & event cinematographer
C100 & 6D shooter
New here?  Check out the FAQs here!

bosb33r

i have the same problem.... tried 2 diferent SD cards also but no luck :(

truji

error, I can not install v2.3 Magic Lantern in canon T2i, goes black, I follow all the steps but nothing happens, any help?

nanomad

I've merged the topics to keep everything in one place
EOS 1100D | EOS 650 (No, I didn't forget the D) | Ye Olde Canon EF Lenses ('87): 50 f/1.8 - 28 f/2.8 - 70-210 f/4 | EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 | Metz 36 AF-5

bosb33r

Problem solved  ;)

For the 550d? users make sure to update 1.0.9 version of firmware NO MATTER WHAT. EVEN IF YOU ALREADY HAVE VERSION 1.0.9. UPDATE ANYWAY!!! THIS MAKES ML WORK!!!!!

This is the page to get the firmware:
http://web.canon.jp/imaging/eosd-e.html

Good luck  :)

Francis

When I purchased my 550d in 2010, it came loaded with 1.0.9. I have never reinstalled that firmware since and have been using ML for about a year successfully. I'm guessing most people having problems are not following the instructions step-by-step and are overlooking something.

edit: Or they have different subversions of the 1.0.9 firmware.

he56ys5ysu7w4

In the Troubleshooting section of the installation guide it says:
QuoteIf the card LED blinks continuously after running Firmware Upgrade, you don't have the right Canon firmware version or sub-version. To fix it, install the official Canon firmware upgrade from these links, even if you already have the correct version number (you may have a different sub-version number).
Please note the last sentence!
Amateur shooting family stills and video
Gear: Canon 600D/T3i -- Sigma 30/f1.4 EX DC HSM -- Canon EF-S 15-85/f3.5-5.6 IS USM -- Canon EF 50/1.8 II -- V3 LCD Viewfinder loupe -- Velbon RUP-L40
Editing with LR3 and FCPX

Francis

Quote from: he56ys5ysu7w4 on August 15, 2012, 06:52:14 PM
In the Troubleshooting section of the installation guide it says:Please note the last sentence!

Ah yes! Good point. It seems odd that there are so many different iterations of the same firmware version. Such subtle differences can lead to problems like the new ML 5d classic beta, which currently only works on 5ds with certain serial # prefixes.

Vinod

Hi guys,
quick question, I have Firmware 1.0.9 and  how do we "re-updated" existing firmware on cannon??
Regards
Vinod

Walter Schulz

Vinod

Thanks Walter. I will try it tonight.
Regards
Vinod

Vinod

Hi guys,
How would one re-install the Firmware 1.0.9 using EOS utility for 550D??
Sorry for hassle.
Regards

Vinod