MLVFS Lossless - Virtual drive exceeds capacity of drive - problem?

Started by erikbaldwinson, June 26, 2017, 11:23:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

erikbaldwinson

Using Dokany wondering if the virtual files on the virtual drive that are exceeding the size of the original drive is a problem that is being resolved by ram shuffling files around or if it's actually totally virtual and the size doesn't matter or mean anything?

dmilligan

erikbaldwinson

Quote from: dmilligan on June 27, 2017, 04:05:04 AM
It's totally virtual and the size doesn't matter.

Working on the same project in Resolve Beta 2 Win7 64bit with lossless .mlvs and virtual drive suddenly and randomly ejects (stops working - drive no longer reads "DOKAN").

1. Reinstall Dokany 64 bit and MLVFS 64 bit
2. Uninstall anti-virus products

And immediately upon opening the project in Resolve the drive ejects. It's a loop. Thankfully I have a backup but regardless I've been experiencing similar issues on other projects.

Any ideas/suggestions?

eNnvi

Avoid putting too many MLVs in the same folder or many folders under mlvfs Scan base directory. When refreshing scans every file so probably means a overflow somewhere o too much cpu work

erikbaldwinson

Quote from: eNnvi on June 27, 2017, 11:45:16 AM
Avoid putting too many MLVs in the same folder or many folders under mlvfs Scan base directory. When refreshing scans every file so probably means a overflow somewhere o too much cpu work

Thx for the tip eNnvi! I split up the folder that contained the .mlv that initiated the hang-up/loop and things seem to be working again.