700D Jpeg specifications

Started by celticjoe, June 17, 2017, 11:18:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celticjoe

Hello,

I have a Canon 700D since two years and i find that my Jpeg have not enough sharpness. I take Raw + Jpeg all the time but it could be cool to have better Jpeg when you don't have enough time to use LR for all the pictures. With Olympus Hybrid camera, it's possible to change parameters of Jpeg and it's really cool.

Does Magic lantern have parameters to improve the sharpness of the JPEG ? did'nt find it in the features or in the FAQ.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Joel

Walter Schulz

Picture style settings in Canon menu not doing the job?

celticjoe

No.
For me, Jpeg from my 700D haven"t enough sharpness. And i'm in the better Jpeg settings in the menu.
:(

Walter Schulz

No setting I'm aware of will change that.

Pardon my french but it sounds a lot like there's a problem behind the camera: Wrong expectations when pixel peeping and/or cam settings not that conservative. Sample file might be helpful to determine what is going on.

celticjoe

Hello,

Sorry for the delay of my answer. I joined two pictures : One with my Canon 700D and one with an Olympus MD 10 ( Same day ).

As you can see, there is a lot of details in the Olympus picture and the Canon one is not so good. And i choose the best jpeg quality :-(

I know that the Olympus has a parameter to choose the sharpness level.

That's why i asked if Magic Lantern could have the same parameter for my 700D.

Walter Schulz

How not to compare cam sharpness:
Use different FOV so image (cropped) has to show less detail.
https://picload.org/view/rpdglglr/bild1.png.html

Lookup https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/olympus-om-d-e-m10/13 for a more thorough comparision. You can select 700D using pull-down menu.
I suppose if your reception of sharpness is accustomed to Olympus OM-D E-M10 you will have troubles finding sufficient sharpness in other cams.

celticjoe

Hello Walter,

This comparision is very interesting. I will read all the tests for both camera.