70D and dual Iso

Started by Nzyer, June 16, 2017, 03:46:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nzyer

I really hope thats the right corner to post in + nothing I could have overlooked somewhere... I was really searching a lot for it and coulnd't find something helpful.

I have the Canon 70D, everything is working better and better in Magic Lantern. I just want to get dual Iso recording to get started. It is included in the Magic Lantern Build for the 70D, but as soon as I want to enable it (I can change all the options, both iso's etc) but Magic Lantern says at the bottom "dual iso does not work in movie mode on your camera"... Is it because of the writing speed of the camera, because the camera is just not able to do that or because it never got implemented / final programmed for that camera? I know that the 600D is able to record Raw and Dual Iso and the writing speed is below the one of a 70D. Will it ever be included for the 70D ?

Second question: Does it take more space (and therefore writing speed) if you record in dual Iso? Or is the program just "splitting" the sencor in 2 and the converter does the "magic" in the end?

Thanks a lot!