Is it possible to show clipped highlights in zoomed window?

Started by Chele, June 04, 2017, 11:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chele

I'm a big fan of ETTR, and use it as much as possible/practical.  I shoot quite a bit of macro, always in manual mode(exposure & focusing).  My camera is 6D.  Is it possible to show the clipped highlights/zebras while zoomed in?  Or is this for the "Feature Request" forum?  I just downloaded the latest nightly build to see if it was there, but  no joy.

a1ex

Workaround: enabling raw recording (in movie mode) will also enable overlays in x5 zoom.

Chele

Perfect, I'll give that a try -- I have never used video, will see how it goes:)  In the meantime, any chances of that being feature without the use of video?

a1ex

Probably the cleanest way would be to add an option under Global Draw. Unfortunately I have lots of unfinished work on this topic (see e.g. menu-raw-yuv-features), and I'd like to move the Global Draw option from mlv_rec submenu back in the main menu as well, so don't expect it very soon.

Chele

Don't worry, no rush -- next Wednesday, before lunch, will be fine  ;)

ML does so much for me, that even if this feature was never implemented, I would still be more than happy to continue using it.  Just to let you know, I had to wait longer than I would have liked to get it for my 70D(mine needed the second 70D ML version).  I decided to get my 6D, only after making sure it would accept ML!

Thanks you, and all the contributors, for making ML possible!