I'm sorry!

Started by garry23, June 01, 2017, 10:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garry23

Thanks to @dfort I managed to compile on my laptop and prove that my pull request to fix the DoFs had an error, ie:

const uint64_t  temp = lens_info.aperture*coc*(fd-fl) // note aperture and coc in tenths of their units, hence the 100000 factor below

should be:

const uint64_t  temp = lens_info.aperture*coc*(fd-fl); // note aperture and coc in tenths of their units, hence the 100000 factor below

But I still 'dont get' how to correct pull requests and I'm not going to keep randomly trying things out.

Bluntly, I'm personally OK, ie I have my focus bar up and running on all my cameras with the optimum DoF info and I love it.

But I can't work out how to help others, eg I made a pull request the other week (albeit with a silly ";" error), but I just don't have the confidence/skills to do any more.

For now I think I'll stop posting on all 'my problems' and watch out to see how others get on.

Bottom line: thanks Dan, but for now I think I go silent for a while ;-). Plus I'm away on business this weekend for a week, ie no laptop.

dfort

The way you can fix a pull request is to make the change on your local repository, test it, commit the change, push it to bitbucket and the pull request will automatically update. You can do it without your laptop or local repository by editing the file in bitbucket.

garry23

@dfort

As usual I greatly appreciate your patience with me.

Up until now I have not really, other than a go several years ago, played around on bit bucket.

References to pulling, requests and commits are all a little intimidating and confusing.

It is not that I'm not putting in the effort: it is my efforts feel rather random.

Anyway, I think I just updated my DoF fix pull request, as there was a missing ";" at the end of a line of code.

Cheers

Garry