Looking for good field monitor for my canon camera

Started by Anna Sharkaya, June 01, 2017, 11:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna Sharkaya

I am new photographer and want to looking for good field monitor to make me professional and get the exact image i want when i am shooting, i have saw one feelworld FW760 with histogram/False color/peaking focus/zoom from alibaba,

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/1920-1200pixels-450cd-m2-histogram-zoom_60508956591.html?spm=a2700.7724838.0.0.8HRew0

this is item link, but i did not have order this brand before, may i have got some suggestion on there? thanks.

pnwhikerz

To Anna Sharkaya:
The following info is to help you save some of your Gold, and just maybe
show you a easy way to use Magic Lantern and your phone or tablet as a monitor
either thru wifi or using a OTG connector, connection via a usb setup.
Just to prove my point here is a web link to my website showing a wifi/tablet
live view setup in action. pnwhiker web demo: http://www.pnwhiker.org/qmshow/qmshow.htm
FYI: There are no ads/bs or broken links on this web page.........
So here is a short video demo showing how I'm using the Merlin Head and PandroidWiz running on the Dell tablet
communicating via Bluetooth, with qDSLRdashboard running on a Galaxy Tablet via TP-Link 3040 wireless router.

I'm posting these pic's showing the different setup's using the Merlin, Samsung Tablet & Phone, Canon Rebel T3i,
TP-Link 3040, qDslrDashboard, Pandroidwiz, battery power paks.

Here is a break down list of equipment I used to accomplish the above task.
Hardware List:
Camera: Canon T3i (Magic Lantern)
Skywatcher Merlin Non-Goto (Bluetooth enabled)
Android Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5
Android Tablet: Samsung GalaxyTab S and Dell Tablet (Pandroidwiz Software)
Wifi: The Skywatcher Merlin Non-Goto / TP Link 3040 (No longer sold by TP-Link)
Dell Streak 7 Tablet (Papywizard)
Micro-USB Male to USB 2.0 Female Host OTG Adapter Cable
USB Extension Cable - 3 meter.

Software List:
Magic Lantern for Canon T3i (600D)
PandroidWiz app
qDSLRdashboard app
FYI: you can also use the following apps with Magic Lantern and Canon in Live View.
DSLR Dashboard via otg/usb connection
DSLR Remote via otg/usb connection
Helicon Remote Remote via otg/usb connection

The way my setup works is the Canon T3i is attached to the TP-Link via usb/otg, which
via wifi communicates to the Samsung tablet via wifi using the qDSLRdashboard app in
Live view on the tablet, all camera settings can be made from tablet in Live View.
That includes Timelapses, Focus Stacking, Single Shots, Long Exposures, ect...
The Merlin Non-Goto Head is connected to the Dell Streak Tablet via Bluetooth
and is running the PandroidWiz app which is using a prewritten script firing the camera in shot/move mode.

Hope this helps in some way, do your homework and fell freee to pm with questions... pnwhiker..

russellsnr

Hi, Biggest problem I have is actually seeing the tablet screen, I live where the sky is in summer time mostly blue with sunlight. Found a good way to see the camera back screen (see image) but looking round seems you have to pay for a decent monitor hood a lot of $'s - £'s.

Russ

russellsnr

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=swivi&rh=n%3A560798%2Ck%3Aswivi

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.TRS0&_nkw=SWIVI+&_sacat=625

Advice:- If you buy one don't go for the stick on the back of camera option, I tried this and fell off after two days.
This one is the one I use and yes from China but it works
eBay item number:

£52.50 from UK supplier on Ebay inc P&P £33 from China. inc P&P (3 week wait approx) but £20 saving.

rsmith02

I use a magnetic version of this from Kamerar and am very happy with it. It uses a Manfrotto 501PL style plate which I then fit the viewfinder into when I want to use it.

peteralan

Hi, Biggest problem I have is actually seeing the tablet screen, I live where the sky is in summer time mostly blue with sunlight. Found a good way to see the camera back screen (see image) but looking round seems you have to pay for a decent monitor hood
Bella Canvas T-shirt B6050            

russellsnr

I have a nexus 7" tablet and at this time it is stuck to the back of a cardboard box lid that was just the right size and works to a point but just sent for a sunshade to give it a go. At  £2.25 not a lot to loose :) Ebay can be your friend but not to often!!!

image upload api