600D suddenly stopping video automatically.

Started by Spirokeat, May 17, 2017, 11:06:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spirokeat

I've been using my 600d to film 1920x1080 25fps on a Transcend 64gb 90MB/s class 10 SD. Every so often I've experienced the 'video automatically stopping' issue where a little bar fills up on the info display but recently it's happening a huge amount more to the point where I am unable to trust using it.

ML 1 min benchmark is showing generic readwrites of 19-21MB/s

Anyone had any experience of this? I've just ordered a 160MB/s card but considering the hardware bottleneck on the 600d my current card should be fine.

All suggestions or help appreciated.

Walter Schulz

160 MByte/s is a very unusual specification for UHS-II cards. UHS-I is limited to 104.000.000 Byte/s = 99.18 MiByte/s. You are sure not to have ordered a CF-card by any chance?
BTW: If it is an UHS-II card make sure not to pick the variety doing not so well in UHS-I compatibility mode = Write speeds 48 MByte/s or - even worse - something like Panasonic Micro P2 32GB UHS-II with write speeds below 50 MByte/s.
http://cameramemoryspeed.com

Spirokeat

Sorry was a typo...its a Lexar 150/mbs UHS-II.

Hoping it fixes it as I film for my job. The old 90/mbs has had a lot of use so I'm hoping its just that.

rsmith02

I have issues using Sandisk 32 45mb/s cards where I get a movie stopped automatically right as I start a clip and then it immediately restarts the video and works fine. I lose a second or so. It's minorly annoying but not a major problem for me.

Walter Schulz

Format card with ExFAT and retry after ML install. Do not format card in cam after applying ExFAT!

bpv5P

Same here. At first I thought it was due to high CBR, but no, I've tried on default bitrate.
It seems to happen, at least for me, only when audio recoding is enabled. If FPS-Override is activated is does not happen, even on CBR 3.0...
I was using the 10-bit build from about 3 weeks ago. Have not tested on latest builds.