ML isnt downloading onto my camera...

Started by twenty10films, August 08, 2012, 11:47:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twenty10films

I did everything the tutorial said to do, but my camera doesnt boot up with that "green screen", and i have been waiting for about 4minutes now even though the tutorial said it should take a quick second

scrax

which camera and which firmware and which ML release
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

twenty10films

mckirkus

Same here.  Using the latest firmware 1.0.9 and fully charged battery.  Doesn't work on two different SDHC cards (4 & 32 GB).  Throws error

On the 32GB class 10 I get:
Firmware update program
Update file error.  Please check the memory card and reload the battery and try again.

On the 4GB it just goes black and I get a blinking red light.

Afraid I'm going to fry my camera.  Just paid for v 2.3 and out of ideas.

hd1roam

This doesn't help much, but...
I had no problem with my T2i.
Accidentally deleted after using ML by mistake during a format and re-installed no problem.
Review your steps. Maybe missed something.
Don't confuse, format vs firmware update, I did.
ML ver. 2.3: mostly still photos, HDR, pano, and some video. Targets of choice; Art, landscape, wildlife, collector vehicles, events. Equipment; EOS 550D/T2i | EF 100-400mm L USM - EF-S 18-55mm f4-5.6 IS - EF-S 55-250mm IS - Win7Ult., Lightroom, Photomatix, Topaz Labs, Hugin, GIMP, Smugmug

twenty10films

Quote from: mckirkus on August 09, 2012, 01:53:47 AM
Same here.  Using the latest firmware 1.0.9 and fully charged battery.  Doesn't work on two different SDHC cards (4 & 32 GB).  Throws error

On the 32GB class 10 I get:
Firmware update program
Update file error.  Please check the memory card and reload the battery and try again.

On the 4GB it just goes black and I get a blinking red light.

Afraid I'm going to fry my camera.  Just paid for v 2.3 and out of ideas.
the same thing happened to me that happened with your 4gb, have you been able to install it yet?

twenty10films

Quote from: hd1roam on August 09, 2012, 01:59:50 AM
This doesn't help much, but...
I had no problem with my T2i.
Accidentally deleted after using ML by mistake during a format and re-installed no problem.
Review your steps. Maybe missed something.
Don't confuse, format vs firmware update, I did.
tried that, ive done it multiple times, still doesnt

adijiwa

Quote from: twenty10films on August 09, 2012, 05:58:28 AM
tried that, ive done it multiple times, still doesnt

From my experience, you have to update the firmware to 1.0.9 or reinstall the 1.0.9 firmware. It has to be updated at least once.