Essential Oils and Aromatherapy - 600D | logNeutral | Impulz

Started by bpv5P, May 15, 2017, 04:57:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bpv5P

Hey! We're doing a series on youtube about organic production of essential oils, mostly used for aromatherapy.
Unfortunately it's in Brazilian Portuguese for now, we may do a English subtitles in next weeks. Check out!

We used a simple 600D, with 50/1.4 Takumar, with Magic Lantern. Color grading using Lumetri with Impulz luts and Neat Video for noise reduction. For slowmo, fps_override and interpolated with Twixtor.
We're just building a audiovisual content creation "enterprise", focused on using open source tools. If you want to follow us, here's the instagram.

Edit: as @mothaibaphoto said, we're not using open source tools yet. We're *planning* to...

mothaibaphoto

Quote from: bpv5P on May 15, 2017, 04:57:13 PM
Lumetri ... Impulz ... Neat Video ... Twixtor
...focused on using open source tools.
Good choice of open source tools, indeed.

bpv5P

Quote from: mothaibaphoto on May 15, 2017, 05:27:27 PM
Good choice of open source tools, indeed.

ha, yeah, my fault to not explain better: our current workflow still works with proprietary software (Premiere Pro and the plugin mentioned), but we're trying to replace. For example, all our photography manipulation use Rawtherapee and GIMP, on GNU/Linux. And we use Magic Lantern on all cameras. Our servers will run OpenBSD.
Unfortunately, the open source community lack a video editor like Premiere Pro. We have tried Kdenlive and Blender, without much success, although Neat Video and Twixtor can be substituted by Avisynth scripts on the future.
Again, my fault to not explain correctly, sorry.

nretnalcigam

bpv5P too many what used to be called rough cuts. skipping/bouncing through scenes.  :-* don't have my volume up. not listening to audio.

Check out "new approaches to cancer" in the uk non-profit. aromatherapy and color healing.

bpv5P

Quote from: nretnalcigam on July 21, 2017, 07:49:46 AM
bpv5P too many what used to be called rough cuts. skipping/bouncing through scenes.  :-* don't have my volume up. not listening to audio.

Check out "new approaches to cancer" in the uk non-profit. aromatherapy and color healing.

Thank you for your criticism @nretnalcigam ! Will pay more attention next time.

bpv5P

Quote from: Danne on July 24, 2017, 10:29:32 PM
Interesting. This logNeutral?
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=16299.0

Yes @Danne . I find the logNeutral better than other alternatives, like VisionTech. It gives me more flexibility on color grading. The disadvantage is that it brings more noise on the shadows, but since I use a noise reduction algorithm, I prefer to sacrifice a bit of SNR to have more dynamic range.

As @nretnalcigam said, it's not perfect, I need to learn a lot. I got a Canon 50D, I may start recording everything in MLV soon :)
I also studying Flowblade as a alternative to Premiere Pro. We'll see...