my pict files got changed in a strange way

Started by RamGram, April 28, 2017, 04:30:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RamGram

[img][img][img]Hello guys, while doing commercial work, i used  nightly built version ML 2015jun24.5d2212 on a canon 5d mark 2.

when i tried to upload my picts from the cam to computer, some files disappeared and i found myself with  other folders in the dcim compact flash card folder, with strange denominations and strange extensions.

during the shooting i could check my pict in the view finder and review them. They have been taken and were written on the card. Then for my last shot i used the bracketting option and changed it from 6 frames to 9. dont know if it could habe caused any trouble.

But when uploading the pict from the card to computer, by moving and not copying them i got the strange result you ll see in the attached files...

So the pict have been maybe transformed? can i recover them in their raw format .CR2?

Thank in advance for your help

http://hpics.li/0a2811c

DeafEyeJedi

Are you actually transferring files with a USB cable connected to computer directly from your 5D2?

If so, that's a no no -- try to get a decent card reader and all should be fine.
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

g3gg0

there are CF cards that need 3.3V and cards that work with 5V only.
if you have the wrong CF reader, your cards will read crap like this. (had this problem before)

in case you have an USB3 card reader, you should be safe.

also, try if you can read the card in camera to check if it can be read there.
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

RamGram

Cant browse the picts in cam anymore..they dont appear  while doing a review on the view finder...but they seem to be on the card with strange denominations and extensions

g3gg0

if you cannot even view it in camera, i guess your card is either going to die or it was corrupted.
you could have luck with some rescue software... maybe.
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!