Help - 5d MkIII 1.2.3 bricked at the moment with latest nightly build

Started by ranger9913, April 10, 2017, 10:00:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ranger9913

Not sure what a happened, I successfully installed the latest night build and wanted to play around with the 4k mode.

I got a solid red light near batter cover and had to remove the battery. Now, the only way I can get it to turn on is by removing battery, inserting battery, then turning on switch. When it turns on, all I get are the settings on the top screen and in the viewfinder. The LCD screen does not come on, no menu buttons work, and the shutter does not release when switching from photo to video. Also, if I turn the camera off and then on without removing battery, it will not turn on. I have to remove the battery each time to get it to turn on. I've tried this with no SD/CF cards, original card, formatted card from another camera......

Any ideas?

Walter Schulz

He used magiclantern-crop_rec_4k.2017Apr04.5D3123.zip (info via PM) and may be affected by data corruption.
Next stop: Camera emergency department (may a mod please move this thread and turn user's lag time off (if any))

a1ex

First step: make sure you have a good copy of your ROM (if you don't have a backup, copy it from an older ML card - it's under ML/LOGS).

Second step: get a fresh copy of your ROM, using this: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=16534.0

Then contact me on IRC and send me the files.