3K/UHD 5D2 Raw development and Other Digic IV Cams

Started by reddeercity, April 06, 2017, 12:22:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Schulz

First chapter: During ML startup there is a check if ROM files are present on card. If not ROM will be written to card. If they are already there startup will proceed.

Second: Yes. Yes. Top of page -> User Guide -> Install Guide ->
Sections "Installing Magic Lantern on other cards" and "Updating Magic Lantern"

Macke1

I followed Zeek´s YouTube and everything works fine, but I wondering about what 3x3 means?! I'm on 5d mark ii

masc

Quote from: Macke1 on November 29, 2020, 07:42:54 PM
but I wondering about what 3x3 means?!
3x3 modes: the camera records one value from 3x3 pixels. The cam records with line skipping and column binning.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

SKecorius

Hi,

I have tried HDR video mode on 5DmII (in 10/12bit Experimental built). As you may know, after merging frames the video ends up to be 12 fps. I would like to ask, if anyone tried this mode more extensively (e.g. trying to interpolate missing frames in software)? Did you get smooth video with moving objects? From my initial test, a slow pan creates some nasty artifacts..

From the very first page, I also found "Dual ISO Video Module" by reddeercity (5d2_dual_iso_video_updated_21-8-2020.rar).
Did anyone test it with nightly build? If yes, could you share your experience?

Also, I do not quite understand the description: "Works with my crop_rec builds ..at 3x crop_mode @ 10bit raw,
I didn't check it with the Crop_Rec Preset,.. it may freeze you cam and may need I battery pull"...

From how I understand this, it seems that it works at 3x crop and it doesn't at the same time? Did anyone had success with mentioned "Dual ISO Video Module"?

Thank you for your thoughts.

Danne

You can merge frames in consecutive order instead and just keep the same framerate. Technique used with tblend average filter in ffmpeg or with enfuse/hugin/align_image. It´s implemented as script(mac users) in Mlv app and also in mac based application "Switch".

SKecorius

Thanks, Danne. Is there a function in Windows version MLV APP?
--------
OK, I have looked through some forum threads, and it seems "Switch" is only for Mac and Linux. It's ok, I can still try it.

masc

Quote from: SKecorius on November 30, 2020, 11:35:11 PM
Thanks, Danne. Is there a function in Windows version MLV APP?
--------
OK, I have looked through some forum threads, and it seems "Switch" is only for Mac and Linux. It's ok, I can still try it.
Switch and MLVApp scripts are for OSX. But you can look into the script, find the ffmpeg command and try something similar on Windows. (ffmpeg is multi platform)
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

pyffi

hey guys! is it real shoot in 48fps mode without freezing LV?

Skinny

pyffi

Quote from: Skinny on December 11, 2020, 07:03:22 PM
@pyffi yes, it is possible.
if it no problem for you, how?

all is good, but when i start recording it's freezing
files ok

Skinny

It could be somewhat tricky... try first start in 3.5k with 5x zoom, make sure everything is ok. then switch to crop-mode "off" (and 5x zoom still active), make sure the preview is working, and then select 48fps. If you still don't get preview, switch again to "off" with 5x zoom, and then back to 48.. try it couple of times, it should work.. maybe it could be done easier, I don't know.

And make sure selected type of preview is "auto"

pyffi

Audionut

OP appears offline since October, including at his youtube channel, hope all is well.

Going to lock this for now. PM me if status changes.

a1ex

Also hoping all is well, but locking is probably not needed - the small community already formed around these builds can still continue the discussion, if you ask me.

pyffi

hello, it's me again ;D
and i have one more question

how enable 48fps when i use external monitor? is IT possible?

when i on crop mode all works, but when 48fps is on - all monitors (external and dslr) in black(

reddeercity

Yes that's the way it is at the moment , Liveview only run at max 32fps and i haven't look further in to it.
Its low priority for me .

zcream

From @reddeercity youtube channel 

Was there ever a clean 3200x1268 @ 23.976fps mode ? Thats closer to 16:9 than 3744x1080

far.in.out

Can anyone please show me what kind of preview is available when recording with 1x3 pixel binning on the latest build on 50D (or 5D2 if it's similar)? Maybe you can record with your phone what's on the screen of the camera while you record? Is preview available on external monitor via HDMI? I only care about 24FPS.

Also, can 10/12 bit RAW introduce additional moire or aliasing when compared to 14 bit? Or does it only depend on binning skipping?

I think I'm gonna get the 50D again soon and maybe even try to help with testing/development.
EOS M (was 600D > 50D)

masc

There is no 1x3 recording on 5D2 or 50D yet.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

far.in.out

Are you sure?
Please check the DESCRIPTION for those videos on youtube pages (OP's channel)

Says:
Shot on my 50D in 10bit Raw 4k Anamorphic 1x3 pixel format (1376x1742 @ 24fps ) Converted to 4128x1742 with MLV App.

Shot on my 50D experimental Crop_Rec 1x3 1376x1746 @ 24fps
the 1x3 pixel when converted to 1x1 turns in to 4128x1746 .
There's no Line Skipping here , no Aliasing/Moire pattern or artifacts . You Can look at it as a Extreme Anamorphic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmDoJCmBqpA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=536-Bj9yAyA
EOS M (was 600D > 50D)

masc

Can you find a 1x3 build on the first post of this thread? If not, it doesn't exist for public.
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

far.in.out

EOS M (was 600D > 50D)

masc

5D3.113 | EOSM.202

far.in.out

How can you do 3760x1080 @ 23.976fps with 1x1 on 50D? Am I missing something? That's how many MBs per second?
EOS M (was 600D > 50D)