3K/UHD 5D2 Raw development and Other Digic IV Cams

Started by reddeercity, April 06, 2017, 12:22:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilia3101

There seems to be a rly weird bug in this branch, when I press the joystick, it starts recording, which is really annoying as I'm just trying to center the zoom window.

(yes, got another mark 2)

histor

Quote from: Ilia3101 on July 26, 2019, 11:12:31 AM
:o
Fantastic resolution! 3968x1800. Unfortunately the top right corner stays dead.
Frame difference, exaggerated

So, what was the trick? Was it fair? :)

ilia3101

Quote from: histor on July 26, 2019, 11:50:44 AM

Ok, I will admit, you can't use this shooting method for a shot with a lot of action, but a reveal is coming very soon. (also I genuinely have no idea why the corner is stuck)

ilia3101

@reddeercity, would it be possible to have a square/tall aspect ratio? (in the same builds that also contain 3008x1080 mode)

marcelolippi

help me please, my 5d no longer loads the modules, everyone gives error, I changed tabs, build without being able to solve the problem. Thanks to those who can help me

https://photos.app.goo.gl/r1ALhemFcBB4VUgx9

histor

You haven't removed the previous build before copying the latest one. There is no mlv_lite.mo in that branch. Remove ML folder and copy one from the downloaded archive. Does it work?

theBilalFakhouri

Quote from: marcelolippi on August 05, 2019, 05:03:12 PM
help me please, my 5d no longer loads the modules, everyone gives error, I changed tabs, build without being able to solve the problem. Thanks to those who can help me

https://photos.app.goo.gl/r1ALhemFcBB4VUgx9

Disable mlv_lite, Load mlv_rec instead .

marcelo.lippi

THANK YOU, removed lite, loaded rec, works ... GREAT. What did I miss? because before I could choose between lite and rec and now no more? I'll try again with the reddercity builds

KirbyLikes525

Quote from: Ilia3101 on July 26, 2019, 11:12:31 AM
https://drive.google.com/file/d/17DyCmp6m20Ge0DGGr1JJOeFfnhAYanLo/view?usp=sharing

:o

@Ilia3101, I hope you don't mind. I'm finding a workflow for 3k and 4k MLV video so your share allowed me to play some more with post processing. The main variable for me is HEVC (h265) settings but found a couple of "got ya's" that you probably already know about. 1) Uncompressed cDNG export cuts off at 3016x1080, hence, the ProRes and 2) MLV App did not confirm overwrite ('Are you sure?' message) for Uncompressed cDNG export

(looped for continuity)

123MB for 22 frames, holy cow!

MLV App
Exposure: (-1.21)
Rec.709
Prores 4444

Premiere Pro
{Color Grading}
HEVC
VBR, 1 Pass
Target: 4Mbps
Max: 6Mbps
Quality: Highest (Slowest)
5D Mark II
10 bit 12 bit Experimental Build

marcelo.lippi

confirmed, works with the "5D Mark II version
Canon Firmware Version: 2.1.2
Latest Build: 2018-07-02 "raw rec, but not with versions of David ...

thebailey

Thank you for your awesome work, I've been having a blast with 1920 x 1080 (ish) 10bit 24fps RAW

I was wondering, since Avisynth has such great deinterlacing modules, would it be possible to do a 1080i at up to 30p (60 frames) per second?

The only reference to interlacing I could find on this site was to do with doing HDR and interlacing the light and dark exposures.

This would mean that effectively you were capturing 1920 x 540 worth of bandwidth, but easily able to interpolate it to double frame rate full resolution.

Also, I understand that LJ92 lossless compression isn't yet unlocked in 5Dii, but I was wondering what the current status is or whether it is off the development map (if I've missed the ML thread, let me know).

Until I can afford a BMPCC this has been fantastic

ilia3101

Quote from: KirbyLikes525 on August 05, 2019, 08:06:52 PM
The main variable for me is HEVC (h265) settings but found a couple of "got ya's" that you probably already know about. 1) Uncompressed cDNG export cuts off at 3016x1080, hence, the ProRes

Hmm why does it cut off, what do you mean?

Galterius

I don't understand why I can't get the 48p mode to work. It worked once, and now it doesn, work anymore. Basically, when I turn on the 4k crop mode (before turning on the 48p mode), the screen is blinking, so maybe the problem comes from the 4k crop mode... Thats really weird, I will try to reinstall the build

reddeercity

Some low hanging fruit I thought I would pick  :P
5D2_dual_iso_video-updates_8-21-2019.zip

Works with my crop_rec builds (not too sure about the nightly builds didn't test them) at 3x3 FHD(1856x1248) & 5xZoom(2144x1074) (3x crop_mode) @ 10bit raw ,
I didn't check it with the Crop_Rec Preset , so if you do try it with Crop_Rec it may freeze you cam and may need I battery pull .
Best to start out at 100 ISO with the recovery ISO at 800 , so 100/800 ISO , I wouldn't recommend a recovery ISO higher then 1600 ISO (200/1600 ISO Max.)
Anything beyond  that is just noise -- remember 5D2 has only 5 native analog ISO's (100 , 200 , 400 , 800 , 1600) the rest is just digital push or pulled ISO (e.g. 160 ISO = 100 ISO digital pushed)
The Zip file is just the dual_iso.mo (module) not the full build , if you think you need the full build with dual_iso.mo let me know , but it should work on top of
my builds on the first page , in theory it should work with the 5D2 10-12bit magic lantern experiments

Igor_Braun

Wow, personally i was waiting for it a lot...
In my case, it doesn't work with Nightly Builds, only with your builds.
Could you please tell me how to process it? I checked the Dual Iso thread and found that

- For RAW video files, use the following commands in a terminal:
mlv_dump clip.mlv --dng --no-fixcp --no-stripes
cr2hdr --same-levels *.DNG

So, how to start cr2hdr.exe with this code in windows?

I already have experience of dual ISO photography postprocessing with cr2hdr.exe, but dont know about the video.
When try to process it in MLV app or MLVP i get a lot of ugly noise in the shadows.
ISO 100/800

Screenshot-50" border="0

The noise is noticeable, look... I'm i doing it the right way? Or maybe it's because of low light condition?

-

masc

@Igor_Braun: I think you should play around with your exposure settings in camera. In MLVApp I see you set Exposure very high... this brings noise. The clips I got for testing were fine at Exposure=0.0 + Lighten=+50..+100. There was only very few noise visible. (Clip from EOS M, ISO100/1600, 10bit, 1600x2040->4800x2040)

(pic by Danne)
5D3.113 | EOSM.202

Igor_Braun

@masc
Understood... Also, i still think that my flat is too dark.
Got another handheld picture in the same light condition but near the window, and with another lens which is faster, but less sharp and foggy, because it's 50 years old Nikkor.
This is it:
https://youtu.be/QQXpnerAsco

reddeercity

Ok guys this is off topic , please discuss this on the MLV App thread . Thanks

Igor_Braun

@Reddeercity, ok, anyway, this last video is the good working dual iso module. The best effect of this module i think is less noise in the shadows in the video. I couldn't even dream of such a thing for my 5d2...

KirbyLikes525

Quote from: Ilia3101 on August 18, 2019, 01:43:40 AM
Hmm why does it cut off, what do you mean?

The frame capture of the comment below is 3016x1080, not the full 3968x1800 which I'm only pointing out because cDNG export gave me that exact same frame, 3016x1080, and NOT the full 3968x1800 which I only got via ProRes export without resizing to do so. So for post processing purposes, MLV App did not render the full resolution of the 4k mlv file as cDNG. The HEVC portion of my comment didn't have anything to do with the resolution.

Quote from: histor on July 26, 2019, 11:50:44 AM

Actual frame:
https://imgur.com/uTBvWxk
5D Mark II
10 bit 12 bit Experimental Build

reddeercity

Off topic please take this to MLV App thread .

reddeercity

Starting to update the source code on bitbucket , should I be doing this or should I be looking at GitHub for ML source code ?

Anyways I fork the source from waza57 and started a new repository magic-lantern_reddeercity_5d2-50d_4k-crop_rec
So far I've removed waza57 "rom hack" for height & width and I added the parts for "raw_slurp" (needed for extended res. & 10-12bit )
No updated crop_rec presets commits .
commit e7bfe64 disables rom hack
commit 1a2efe8 enable EDMAC_RAW_PATCH for raw buffer 5d2 Crop_Rec
commit 9704e3b in stubs.S , Added Liveview Raw patches 5d2 4k crop_rec
commit c6cb9b4 Raw backend: overriding raw stream (CONFIG_EDMAC_RAW_PATCH) 5d2 4kcrop_rec extented res & 10-12bit support added

After this , I'm not posting any more commit here ,  going forward everybody will have to check the magic-lantern_reddeercity_5d2-50d_4k-crop_rec/commits

Also I haven't added the parts for 50D raw_slurp yet in the next days ..... plus I'm close on the crop_rec module for 50D , just a few errors to fix so it can compile

york824

I installed the July 15th build and found one issue: the mlv_play module cannot be enabled. Once I enable it and reboot the camera, I got some errors and all modules were disabled. Had to disable the mlv_play to have other modules working. I tried uninstalling the Magic Lantern on the CF card, re-formatting it and installing it back, still not working. When the module disabled, all other modules seem working fine.

Walter Schulz

Non-working mlv_play is a known issue. Use search field on upper right corner for more info.