3K/UHD 5D2 Raw development and Other Digic IV Cams

Started by reddeercity, April 06, 2017, 12:22:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OlRivrRat

Ahhaaaa > Just wasn't registering the 260997120 to be Bytes ~

& why did You write X12x24/8 instead of x36 ?
ORR~DeanB  ~~  80D-ML  &  SL1+ML  &  5D2+ML  &  5DC+ML  &  70D+ML(AliveAgain)

Walter Schulz

Horizontal resolution x vertical resolution x bit depth x frame rate  / 8 = uncompressed data rate in Bytes/s

Igor_Braun

1/48 preset (i used a very cheap lens, so it's not very sharp)

https://youtu.be/Zb0I6CIcRzM

Look, once again I would like to tell about 1/130 shutter and rolling strobe effect and also, look at the cat, it seems that on the video everything is a bit faster than in real life.
1st footage - x2 slower
2nd footage - original speed
and then the same footage, but x2 slower

And these are 4k footages.
By default, the shutter speed in 4k preset is 1/62 now, and in my case it unchangeable. Strobe effect is terrible (look at the last footage)
https://youtu.be/e83C51ZCw8A

Quote from: reddeercity on July 03, 2019, 05:52:29 AM
More likely this --> 4k (4096x1770) half framerate of 24p (12fps) in 1:1 (should be close at least 10fps I think)
Then this -- being back 3K (3008x1080 maybe with a little more res)
and this 1920x1080 @ 45p in 1:1(3x crop_mode) 
The last one will be 1x3 4k , as this need my full attention (adtg hooks need to fixed for d4 cams)
Then I can move on to Lossless .

Can't wait for the last one with canon preview...

And maybe it will be better if you decrease the horizontal res of 48fps to 1610 to achieve the same 2.34 aspect ratio? Maybe it will give you even more fps..

zcream

Quote from: Walter Schulz on July 03, 2019, 10:59:31 AM
4096 x 1770 x 12 x 24 /8 = 249 MByte/s.
Pipe dream about required compression rate IMO.
Compressed dng is 3x compression. So you are looking at 81MB

Sent from my Lenovo TB-8703F using Tapatalk

Galterius

2784x1160 definitely looks really cool, I made a short film using it, and I love it (its not perfect, I had sometimes bad exposure and out of focus clips but its okay, I am just starting)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5Fv7VY6rrU

Walter Schulz

Quote from: zcream on July 04, 2019, 07:44:36 PM
Compressed dng is 3x compression. So you are looking at 81MB

As a1ex wrote: Depends on scene. See
Quote from: a1ex on April 01, 2017, 11:15:41 AM
*) Continuous recording for the above resolutions can be achieved as long as you can get a LJ92 compression ratio (compressed / 14-bit uncompressed) of about 50-55%, with preview set to Frozen LV (previously known as Hacked Preview) for an additional speed boost. Otherwise, you'll have to reduce the resolution or the frame rate.

The following table shows how compression rate changes with ISO and bit depth; please check the figures for your particular scene in the raw video submenu, as they can vary a lot, depending on the scene content.
Quote from: a1ex on April 15, 2017, 01:12:36 PM
Bits per pixel      14  12  11  10   9   8
ISO  100 1/100     61% 53% 50% 48% 46% 43%
ISO  200 1/200     62% 54% 51% 49% 47% 44%
ISO  400 1/400    63% 54% 51% 49% 47% 45%
ISO  800 1/800     65% 55% 52% 50% 48% 46%
ISO 1600 1/1600    67% 56% 53% 50% 48% 46%
ISO 3200 1/3200    70% 57% 53% 50% 49% 47%
ISO 6400 1/6250    76% 60% 55% 52% 50% 48%
ISO 12800 1/12500  79% 63% 57% 53% 50% 49%

I suppose you can get 33% compression rate shooting white sheets at ISO 100...
Prove me wrong and show some footage with that ratio.

Igor_Braun

@Reddeercity
I also wanted to ask you, what do you think about 3840 × 2160 (16:9) 8 fps 1x1 preset? It must be very very useful for real estate shootings with tripods, sliders, or gimbals.

reddeercity

Updated the first post/page with new test build
what new; 48p in FHD (1856x688) should be able to increase vertically a little more to 800
Still have 4k 3x1 & 2784x1160 . Working on adding 4k (4096x1700) 1:1 half frame rate (12fps)
Got it to work with adtg_gui.mo , write speed @ 10bit is 83MB/s very close to being continuous .
If you double the playback speed 12->24 (reduces overall time length to half 10 sec.-> 5 sec.)
You get a smooth play back (like a hyper timelapse but better) , just need to sit down and finish coding it .

zcream

Quote from: Walter Schulz on July 05, 2019, 12:17:37 AM
As a1ex wrote: Depends on scene. See
I suppose you can get 33% compression rate shooting white sheets at ISO 100...
Prove me wrong and show some footage with that ratio.
I was thinking cineform raw. But that's not implemented. 10bit could work then.

zcream

Quote from: zcream on July 06, 2019, 07:06:23 PM
I was thinking cineform raw. But that's not implemented. 10bit could work then.

Ignore the post. Won't work. My bad.

reddeercity

FYI about 48p & shutter speed , to get correct shutter speed for 48p you should be double
your frames rate e.g. 24fps = 1/48th , 48fps = 1/96th of second ideally so the best I can get is 1/91th of second
to get that I set shutter speed in 3x3 without crop_rec enabled to 1/41th or 1/40th of a second then enable FHD 48p
should be 1/91th of a second , this give very good motion blur for slow-mo shots down to 12fps

Igor_Braun

@Reddeercity, I've tried everything i know to activate the 48fps mode but couldn't get into it. Will try again tomorrow. And could you tell how to change shutter speed from 1/62 to 1/50 (or 1/48) in 4k mode, and if it's possible to change iso in 4k?

Bender@arsch

@Igor_Braun

My way to activate FHD 48p is (preview Options: Auto):
1. enable live view
2. set your Settings (manuel mode: shutter, aperture and iso)
3. press play 2 times (wait 2-3 sec.)
4. press "+" (wait 2-3 sec.)
5. repeat step 3. and 4.
6. enter crop rec 48p in ML (press half shutter to exit ML) -> and you will see a half frozen live view (top is liveview and bottom frozen) -> this is correct
(7). sometimes it doesn't work and you must disable 48p first (press half shutter to exit ML), and repeat step 4. - 5. or go back to step 2.

If you want change shutter, aperture or iso -> disable crop rec first and go back to step 2.
-> if you forgot disable crop rec first (blackscreen!!) -> disable live view, disable crop rec, enable live view and go back to step 2.

Set correct shutterspeed is important!  1/33 --> 1/58,       1/41 --> 1/86,       1/45 --> 1/100(ML menu)       1/50 --> 1/130,       1/64 --> 1/320,       1/82 --> error

Igor_Braun

Quote from: Bender@arsch on July 07, 2019, 08:16:01 PM
@Igor_Braun

My way to activate 48p is (preview Options: Auto):
1. enable live view
2. set your Settings (manuel mode: shutter, aperture and iso)
3. press play 2 times (wait 2-3 sec.)
4. press "+" (wait 2-3 sec.)
5. repeat step 3. and 4.
6. enter crop rec 48p in ML (press half shutter to exit ML) -> and you will see a half frozen live view (top is liveview and bottom frozen) -> this is correct
(7). sometimes it doesn't work and you must disable 48p first (press half shutter to exit ML), and repeat step 4. - 5. or go back to step 2.

If you want change shutter, aperture or iso -> disable crop rec first and go back to step 2.
-> if you forgot disable crop rec first (blackscreen!!) -> disable live view, disable crop rec, enable live view and go back to step 2.

Set correct shutterspeed is important!  1/33 --> 1/58,       1/41 --> 1/86,       1/45 --> 1/100(ML menu)       1/50 --> 1/130,       1/64 --> 1/320,       1/82 --> error

Ah.. I saw a half frozen live view everytime. Is it correct? I'm going to try to shoot something

Edit:
It works
https://youtu.be/aSK1YYAwWuo
It's wonderful! I mean the real-time preview in 48fps!!

But in my case it works if i select 1/62 before enabling crop_rec, if i select 1/50 it freezes, but anyway camera captures normal life video

reddeercity

What the heck , no it's far easier then that , read the first post/page of the thread and I tell you how to very easily enable 48p
Quote48p can be hard to enable , what I did was first put the cam in 1:1 (3x crop_mode)
enable 4k Anamorphic for a few second then switch to "FHD 48p" press the play but twice .
It will say in the left corner 1:1 but it's really 3x3 FHD , need to change that to say 3x3
I'll post a video later.

reddeercity

Here you go , how to enable 48p on 5D2 (Shot on my 50D) , to get close to correct shutter set to 1/41th in 3x3 then enable crop_rec ,
note on liveview it says 1/86th in 48p FHD when you check the dng it's 1/91th of second , so I'm not sure why there's a different between them but I believe the dng is correct here .

Bender@arsch

@Reddeercity
With my method you have a live-colorfully real-time preview;)

See my last Post.

Igor_Braun

@Reddeercity, please could you port this halfscreen liveview to the 4k preset? It's so cool

reddeercity

Will that's not how it works guy's , basically  the preview buffer is not clearing it self from 3x3 non crop_rec .
In Crop_Rec the Canon Liveview should be Scrambled @ 10->14bit . This is a result of some of my hacks
in crop_rec where I had to remove a few checks & pauses to get the preset to work , When these hacks are reversed
the preview buffer should be back normal .

reddeercity

Yesterday I shot same 48p in FHD (1856x688) and then slowed it down to 23.976 & 12 fps  Looks not bad even 12fps looks good , Workflow; extracted dng to the native 10bit -> Adobe After Effect CS6 cam setting; 48fps preset , ISO 400 , EF 24-70mm f2.8L @ f8 set to 61mm , shutter 1/91th of second . Notice that the cam temperature never when over 53° C. when in 48p preset .

Igor_Braun

Cool shot!
So, you tell that half screen canon preview is not correct? Or it was missunderstood by me. Anyway it works good in 3x3. So it could be used in 4k.
Wanted to ask, does it influent to crop_rec or raw module which kind of battery or card do you use? I use a battery grip and notice (or it just seems to me) that your build work different ways depending on which battery slot do I use, or use I an external power or not.
And also by the way I killed another Lexar 32 1066x :) I don't know why. I changed the battery and the camera refused to turn on. No blinks, screen doesn't work.. i've changed the battery several times and got the massage: card not formatted. So I unable to format it from any devices. Just test report... :)

reddeercity

Quote from: Igor_Braun on July 09, 2019, 11:21:03 PM
So, you tell that half screen canon preview is not correct?
That's right , it's a bug right now , It's down on my list of thing to do .
Wanted to ask, does it influent to crop_rec or raw module which kind of battery or card do you use? I use a battery grip and notice (or it just seems to me) that your build work different ways depending on which battery slot do I use, or use I an external power or not.
I Think there maybe a issue with your battery grip (dirty contact etc. ...) you seem to be the only one that's having issue with crop_rec .
Can you test without the battery grip ? Do you have a Canon Battery ? if so please test and see if you are still having these issue .
I also did a search on the forum for "battery grip" came back with over 100 results , and some did have issue with ML & battery grip .

And also by the way I killed another Lexar 32 1066x :) I don't know why. I changed the battery and the camera refused to turn on. No blinks, screen doesn't work.. i've changed the battery several times and got the massage: card not formatted. So I unable to format it from any devices. Just test report... :)
They do burn out from time to time  , FYI I don't restore my card in cam (Format in camera & replace ML build) unless there's a good reason too
I just delete the files or "move" them from the CF card to a local drive , I feel the more time you format CF card you reduce the life of the NAND chips (where the data is stored on the card)
There is only so many cycles (read/write function's) before it stops working .
A good description here how-does-flash-drive-work

histor

card not formatted. So I unable to format it from any devices.
Please, do make sure that you can't format it. Try HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool on Windows or some other special utility. There was a problem with file system corruption long time ago (reported and discussed here ). I'm still trying to narrow down the search. My prime suspect is writing MLV without space preallocation, possibly writing it from Silent.mo.
Looks like this (two different crashes). You can almost read the filenames...

Igor_Braun

Thanks for answering guys! Will try to follow your advises and text you back

Igor_Braun

@reddeercity, but half-frozen preview would be a good way to see what you are filming without any delay in 48fps.
Quote from: reddeercity on July 10, 2019, 07:42:11 AM
I Think there maybe a issue with your battery grip (dirty contact etc. ...)
Will try to clean the contacts, maybe it's an issue, but not sure, because anyway, the camera behaves badly. And yes, i have original canon batteries.
Quote from: reddeercity on July 10, 2019, 07:42:11 AM
They do burn out from time to time  , FYI I don't restore my card in cam (Format in camera & replace ML build) unless there's a good reason too
I will be more careful and follow your advice to don't format it without the reason to actually do it to save NAND's life :) Thanks for the link.

And good news for me. The Lexar card started to work again as if nothing had happened... What is it? I don't really know. The interesting thing is i low level formatted it with Hard Disk Low Level Format Tool, the format was done successfully (but anyway it still wouldn't open, the same process i done with the 1st lexar), but all the files are still there on the card... And i can format it now.

And i'm sorry for disturbing and waste your time. Don't sure i wrote in right threat.
Also need to say that bought the camera like it was a new one, but later noticed some bugs:
1. Magnify jumping out to 3x3 automatically after randomly count of seconds
2. The sensor was "covered" with a lot of artifacts and strange patterns. All of these disappeared after i cleaned it with a special swab.
3. The serial number on EXIF metadata was different from the serial on the camera body. And i ever read the name of the previous owner.

Of course, i bought it for the price like it was new. In the store, they told me that they didn't know about it, and also told that if i had any problem they repair the camera by themselves...

That time i needed the camera so much, because my 650d's sensor deteriorated after a trip, so i decided to leave the cam with me.
It was a kind of wrong way =)
Now i thing those bugs appear with the new force (all this i write because is started to appear with Exp. build and including because maybe it could be a kind of useful for the development):
Mirror doesn't go up and the camera doesn't switch on (with magic lanter uninstalled). After several (regularly 3-4 tryings) it starts to work. But step by step... look:
https://youtu.be/PsNHjv31loY
pressing trash button because of the habbit  :D
https://youtu.be/DdbDzuy2GI0

Also, sometimes i have color changing on video or more frequently on photos (especially first 20-60 seconds when i activate preview)

Look, this photoshoot i did three days ago. (i cant show the model here on this forum including because it's a nude photo)
one photo has this color:

And after several times it has "normal" colors:

But from time to time the color changes slightly thats why i wrote "normal" (i newer use AWB)

Also, there are vertical stripes sometimes:

Sometimes i got a mix of it's all.  :o :o

Another thing...
After this photoshoot, i notices a strange texture, zoomed it, and was slightly shocked.
Just look a that

I have no idea what it is.
That was a non-commercial shooting  ;D

This all are so strange and started to appear after i installed experimental build the 1st time, but i think it's only coincidence, or maybe this story will be useful for development of this experimental build

For my work, i decided to rent another cam for now :-\, and don't know what to do with imy one. Maybe i need to bring it to any repair service, but I am not sure they understand all of this.
or buy a "new" used 5dii when have enough for it.

But while i'm thinking i'd like to share some files CRASH00.log and log000.log (not on lexar card, but after it stopped to work iinserted another one (sandisk extreme) and saw some crash log files). I don't know if it can be usefulm but anyway...
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1N5gaSjCsRfeDB9eJgfI9LEc4Ci0TKKB6/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K1K6mvRW6O2mhQOTDGgZXkrb1b0Cxpe_/view?usp=sharing