3K/UHD 5D2 Raw development and Other Digic IV Cams

Started by reddeercity, April 06, 2017, 12:22:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

banertop

you have this problem (red lines) only with 2.6k build?

I have the same issue with 1:1 mode in h26h (it is in 3.5k centered module).....it si mode for shooting in 3xcrop mode in h264.....it is useless...but your video (with red vertical lines) reminds me on it

reddeercity

Quote from: Igor_Braun on April 29, 2019, 02:48:21 PM
But also have problems... But they are of the camera i guess
1. Sometimes there are vertical lines and crazy temperature (WB) changing. There it is:

It disappears when I press set button for STOP rolling, and then, when i press REC it appears again.
So there are two ways to avoid it: 1. restart the camera
It happens not only when shooting raw, but I noticed that it took place when the color profile set to cinema style (downloaded from the Technicolor webpage if I remember right)
Thanks for feedback , which crop_rec built are you using ? there 3 different builds I have on my download page by the way .
Similar problem that  @ masc had , camera setting issue , Technicolor Cinestyle picture style has nothing to do with it ( I've had installed on my cam since 2012 & do all my tests with it)
It came to the shutter speed , I've tuned/locked the preset to be 180 degrees 1/48th second @ 23.976 fps , and any other setting mess up liveview
here the fix https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=19336.msg215200#msg215200
I see in the video you have 1/38th shutter speed in crop_rec 2.6k & 1/50th in 3x3 (FHD) .
You Must set the cam to 1/60th (1/64th close enough) 29.97 fps in 3x3 (FHD) when crop_rec enabled it will change to 1/48th 23.976 fps automatically
If you change this you will have problems , as seen in your post.
Think of the 5d2 as a Manual 24p film camera
(there's a long answer , but I don't have the time right now , it has to do with the Headtimers 3 ,4 & sensor's 4 channel readout @ 24Mhz ) 
Quote from: Igor_Braun on April 29, 2019, 02:48:21 PM
2. Zoom jumping out.
I had this problem since bought the camera. Already described it here. When I magnify to x5, it jumps out to x1 in most of the cases, so it's truly hard to enable crop rec module and start recording in it.
Guys, maybe you know why is it happening?
I believe it's the same as problem #1 see answer above ,
plus I'll add a remember here about cleaning up liveview problems with simply pressing the play button twice (2 times)
Once to view a image (h264 or Cr2) press button once more to exit in to 3x3 (FHD) then re-enter crop_rec
no need to restart the camera .
So to recap , shutter in crop_rec needs to be 1/48th seconds , No exception's period .
Set 3x3 FHD to 1/60th & in the canon menu set 1080p to 29.97 fps , if you want 24p in 3x3 just enabled "frame override" and set it 24 from 30 .
By side that why would you want to change shutter from 180 degrees @ 24p ?

Igor_Braun

Thanks for reply. 

@Banertop
About red lines. They began to apper relatively recently when i installed one of the experimental builds. No matter if shooting raw or h264, if enabled raw module or no.  Actually if I delete magic lantern (waiting 60 seconds after install complete) it appears anyway... but really, noticed it with only cinestyle enabled. By the way, Banertop, how do you use (where did you find it) 3x3 crop module for h264 for 5dmkii? Before I was using it with 650d when needed to zoom in (shooting concerts for example), so when bought 5dmkii I could not use it anymore.

@Reddeercity
I use magiclantern-crop_rec-3k-1080p-5D2-eXperimental.2019Feb01.5D2212.zip build with 2.6k_5d2_R_T_PreView_4-7-2019_crop_rec.rar crop_rec module.
Understood you about the shutter speed. Actually didn't pay attention to it this time... regularry I use 24 fps (25 for TV, 29,90 with your build) with 1/50 shutter speed when shooting and never change it. But 1/38 it's something that happened without my participation. Will set it to 1/64 next time.
And about zoom jumping out. Actually I has it since I bought the camera no matter if it has ML installed... understood you about "manual film camera". Will wait for it anyway

banertop

@igor_braun
about 3x crop mode in h264......in latest experimental builds, under crop_rec mode, there is 3 options, 1:1, 3.5k centered, and can not remember the third one.....Just choose the 1:1, and disbale the raw_rec.....

hope this help

reddeercity

Quote from: banertop on April 30, 2019, 11:57:27 PM
@igor_braun
about 3x crop mode in h264......in latest experimental builds, under crop_rec mode, there is 3 options, 1:1, 3.5k centered, and can not remember the third one.....Just choose the 1:1, and disbale the raw_rec.....

hope this help
What the heck are you talking about ?
Show me proof that this works on 5D2.

Igor_Braun

Banertop, can you please show how you do that?

dfort

I don't know how it works on the 5D2 but on other cameras some of the crop_rec settings still work in H.264.

Check out the first post of the Crop mode recording (crop_rec.mo) (1:1, RAW/H.264, 25/30/50/60 fps) topic.

banertop

Yes, that is it>))

thank you dfort!!

i will send a prooff as a video, soon

ok guys,

about shooting h264 in 3x crop on 5d2....

so, it is 1080 1:1 mode , under 3.5 crop mode.....it is nothing new,  I use it with 5d3 couple of times, and i wish it works with 5d2 (without red lines) if i need some aliasing free shoots in h264...

video as a proof, as you asked for it, on this link
https://youtu.be/o6XSPyI9lrk

reddeercity

Like I said it dosn't work , I know about this and records garbage
Image !! There nothing here . Show me the H264 file with clean images
So this is BS plain simple .

banertop

@reddeercity

I never said it works.....I mention it when red lines problem come into discussion, because the red lines in that mode (1080 1:1), reminded me on sample that Igor_Braun shared....(his red lines problem)

As i mention before, it is not a new thing, i used this preset couple of times with 5d3

By the way, it works just fine with 5d3....no red vertical lines, or other artifacts.....But in general, no real use of it....to much croped

to reddeercity

one more thing...no need to be rude....(BS things.....)we are on the same side here...

We are thankful for everything you did with 5d2.....

theBilalFakhouri

@banertop

What happens if you record H.264 in 1920 1x1 on 5D2 ? Can you share a video recorded with that mode or it's a fully corrupted frames in H.264?

I think these red lines can be fixed with CMOS registers,  try to refresh LiveView manfully press Menu button then get back to LiveView after enabling 1920 1x1 preset if nothing improved I am fairly sure it can fixed with CMOS registers, I wish I have that camera to work on since it's from the golden days and history.

Not sure why reddeercity is getting angry very fast, it doesn't worth it. We all trying to help here.

Quote from: reddeercity on December 06, 2017, 06:39:28 PM
I'll ask nicely one more time , please stay ON TOPIC !!!
If that can not happen then I will remove this thread all
Together , as I started this thread and all information will be
Lost .

Danne

Of course it can be fixed. Co-operation level is non existent. Simple gpl rules don't apply here evidently.

Audionut

I need some clarification about what is going on here.

Quote from: reddeercity on March 14, 2019, 04:04:41 AM
There's no new code yet , I'm doing everything though adtg_gui_.mo
Now that should clear up things about code etc. ....

Then two posts later.

Quote from: reddeercity on March 21, 2019, 05:58:32 AM
and writing code for crop_rec 5d2.

I would remind the OP regarding these two posts.
Quote from: Official statement about ML's GPL license and its violation on September 17, 2014, 09:32:58 PM

• If you use the code, or parts of it and distribute it (or even sell it), you must release this code (per the GPL).

About forking Magic Lantern and the support that can be provided on this forum

I've seen some builds being posted here by the OP.  Now, for the sake of the argument, even if no modification was being made to said code, you still need to ensure that the readers are exactly aware of the source code being used in these builds being posted, so that they may compile their own builds based on the exact same source (it's just an open source thing).

However, given that builds are being distributed, and the OP is not simply sharing ADTG settings, I have to assume that there has been modification of Magic Lantern code.  In which case, you must share your source tree.  Not just because the GPL says so, but because of respect for this open source community.

I have also cleaned some completely unnecessary duplicate posts from this thread.

reddeercity

Not to offend any body 
https://bitbucket.org/reddeercity/magic-lantern_10-12bit/downloads/Crop_Rec-4k-5d2-50d-magic-lantern_1-9-2019.zip
Source has been there since Jan. 1 2019  If any one would have care to check .
But the main troller here never thought to check my bitbucket downloads , I was seeing how far he would go.

I have to question why I'm doing this , with all this grief I getting .
I have better thing to do with my time then this , (I do promise to finish crop_rec before I say goodbye to magic lantern)
And I'll say this one last time , every thing I've done (including code bits & agtd_gui stuff) is all in this thread
the problem is every one is too lazy to read a few pages .
I have also said that after I'm done the crop_rec for 5d2 that I would post the code for everything ,
though It may take me a few mouths  or more but that life , I'm in no rush to finish this .
I guess that the problem , after I spend the last 18 mouths figuring this all out every one want my knowledge NOW !
So this will be my last and only words on this . 

Danne

Your branch is lastly update in october? We want clearance for the last versions of crop_rec.mo you are posting.
Please do everyone a favour and start by next to every build you are posting simply add the crop_rec.c itself. Can´t be hard to do. This way we can help out with things. I am not even being personal about this.
Consider following. Everyone stopped sharing code and only posted compiled builds? Not only would progression completely stop but the level of uncertainty would increase to the level that no coder/programmer would even touch the compilations and that would be the end of it.

Audionut

Quote from: reddeercity on May 02, 2019, 07:13:21 AM
Not to offend any body

No offense taken.  I mean no offense with my post style either.

Source has been there since Jan. 1 2019  If any one would have care to check .

Which is now four months old.  The last change to that source provided appears to be 24/10/2018, which is over six months old.  Given the ease with which one can zip a directory and upload it, I really don't think that anybody is asking that much, when they ask for an updated copy of the current working source.

Magic Lantern does not follow this style of collaboration.  When a new build is released, the source code for that release is made available at the same time. 

I have also said that after I'm done the crop_rec for 5d2 that I would post the code for everything ,
though It may take me a few mouths  or more but that life , I'm in no rush to finish this .

No one is rushing you to finish anything.  This is a hobby project.

I guess that the problem , after I spend the last 18 mouths figuring this all out every one want my knowledge NOW !

I guess that the problem, we waited to long before we ask you to adhere to the open source ethos, and our Official statement about ML's GPL license.

Your work is a derivative of code that has been provided to you for free (free as in beer), which is "a result of several thousand hours of work, either researching or programming", by others.

So this will be my last and only words on this .

Quite frankly, your post translates to, "fuck you, fuck all of the time all you guys spent on this, I'll do whatever the fuck I want with the code all of you guys spent countless hours developing, because fuck what you guys think is appropriate". 

This is not conductive to a healthy open source development based community.

banertop

@theBilalFakhouri

i will try it, but in general, that mode is not very interesting at all...it was more about red lines problem that one user have with his 5d2.....but, thanks for your input, i will try to refresh live view...

@reddeercity

we all know that you give yourself for this build, try not to me emotional....everything we said is in best fate....we want to help with comments...sometimes the comments are stupid, but we are not all experts for coding....

again, we are thankful, just keep it on, and try to understand that all comments here are in sake of best build for 5d2.....and you are so close to it

ilia3101

I don't have a working 5D2 right now, not sure if I will again, but I really want this to work out!!! pls calm down everyone

@reddeercity We only want code for uploaded builds,  that's all. You only change crop_rec.c right?, so uploading just that is enough.

Quote from: Danne on May 02, 2019, 07:32:09 AM
Please do everyone a favour and start by next to every build you are posting simply add the crop_rec.c itself.

I am sorry for filling up the thread with this, I will delete this post once everything is resolved

jpegmasterjesse

EDIT - I don't need to contribute to bad vibes. Appreciate everyone's hard work.

a1ex

Hacking the hack. Let's take one of the builds from first post:

Quote from: reddeercity on April 06, 2017, 12:22:27 AM
April 16 2019
2.6k_5d2_R_T_PreView_4-7-2019_crop_rec.rar

It contains a single file: crop_rec.mo. Put it in your magic-lantern/modules directory and run:

./module_hginfo_dump.sh crop_rec.mo

Result:

Build date  : 2019-04-05 04:19:36 UTC
Build user  : david@reddeercity

diff -r 8bfbb0ca228e modules/crop_rec/crop_rec.c
< what follows is the complete source code of crop_rec, displayed as diff from changeset 8bfbb0ca228e >

Changeset 8bfbb0ca228e is public (exactly where reddeercity indicated). The diff embedded in the binary module (crop_rec.mo in our case) contains all changes to that module, since the reference changeset.

Et voilà, you've got the complete source code.

ilia3101

Nice ;)

Maybe we should make an agreement with reddeercity - keep releasing as before, and we will extract the source using that method.

Thoughts ? (@Danne/@dfort/@Audionut/@anyone who's said anything about this)

Danne

Quote from: a1ex on May 03, 2019, 12:11:57 PM
Hacking the hack. Let's take one of the builds from first post:

It contains a single file: crop_rec.mo. Put it in your magic-lantern/modules directory and run:

./module_hginfo_dump.sh crop_rec.mo

Result:

Build date  : 2019-04-05 04:19:36 UTC
Build user  : david@reddeercity

diff -r 8bfbb0ca228e modules/crop_rec/crop_rec.c
< what follows is the complete source code of crop_rec, displayed as diff from changeset 8bfbb0ca228e >

Changeset 8bfbb0ca228e is public (exactly where reddeercity indicated). The diff embedded in the binary module (crop_rec.mo in our case) contains all changes to that module, since the reference changeset.

Et voilà, you've got the complete source code.

dfort did the same to complete unreleased code as well but frankly, who cares? And if this is the important part of this, to me, very strange "collaboration" approach, it can´t take long to backtrack several places where nothing is returned when asking for it. Even if everything is published(i know it isn´t and frankly I don´t care about the code), it´s faul play in my book, he´s even admitting that the very reason for keeping posts coming is about testing "trollers"? Come on. Is this what this forum is about? Honestly, I thought more of this place...

a1ex

I agree, things could be a lot better. What I mean is that reddeercity did not actively take steps towards hiding the source code. Rather, I believe he just had some difficulties getting started with Mercurial.

TLDR - yes, it's not the preferred way of sharing things, but I don't see it as a GPL violation.