Crop mood - Danne custom tweaks (EOS M)

Started by Danne, December 17, 2023, 07:54:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iaburn

Quote from: zenny on February 20, 2024, 04:14:39 PM
Wow that is really nice. Thanks for posting. Does this 16mm lens causes vignetting? I have C-EOSM adapter, but mounting a C-lens does not show up anything. Maybe wrong adapter from Amazon! Which adapter did you use?

Hi, thanks. I think there is a setting on the EOS M to allow recording without lens, which is necessary to mount lenses without electronic contacts. Try that if you hadn't already.
At least you should see light, no matter which adapter you are using.

Most c-mount lenses will not cover the entire sensor, that's why the 1x1 modes are so useful, they only use a small part of the sensor, so the lens protection covers all the area in use.

With this 16mm you will get an image like looking through a tube on 3x3 1080p for example.

There are many different c-mount lenses and it's hard to tell how big the projection circle will be, so I just buy the cheapest ones so I don't feel bad if they don't perform too good :D

Walter Schulz

Manual page 283: C.Fn IV, 7: Release shutter w/o lens

zenny

Quote from: iaburn on February 20, 2024, 05:03:30 PM
Hi, thanks. I think there is a setting on the EOS M to allow recording without lens, which is necessary to mount lenses without electronic contacts. Try that if you hadn't already.
At least you should see light, no matter which adapter you are using.

Most c-mount lenses will not cover the entire sensor, that's why the 1x1 modes are so useful, they only use a small part of the sensor, so the lens protection covers all the area in use.

With this 16mm you will get an image like looking through a tube on 3x3 1080p for example.

There are many different c-mount lenses and it's hard to tell how big the projection circle will be, so I just buy the cheapest ones so I don't feel bad if they don't perform too good :D

Thanks for explanation. I have a 35mm f1.6 CCTV lens. When I used 1x1 crop, I get just blur blob like bokeh on the screen. Would you mind shariung your configs while using 16mm C-mount lens to film such a gorgeous 4:3 video? Thanks

zenny

Quote from: Walter Schulz on February 20, 2024, 05:21:43 PM
Manual page 283: C.Fn IV, 7: Release shutter w/o lens

Thanks for the pointer, your inputs are always as technically-precise as that of Danne and Bilal. Cheers and good night.

iaburn

Quote from: zenny on February 21, 2024, 07:30:59 PM
Thanks for explanation. I have a 35mm f1.6 CCTV lens. When I used 1x1 crop, I get just blur blob like bokeh on the screen. Would you mind shariung your configs while using 16mm C-mount lens to film such a gorgeous 4:3 video? Thanks

I'm afraid this is not a settings problem. If your c-mount lens cannot  focus, you can try adding a spacer. It's like a small ring that will move the lens further, hopefully improving focus...

onlykhaz

Huge thanks for the Crop Mood updates!  :D

Danne, and the whole forum community, you're all amazing!, thank you so much for your work on the Crop Mood features for the EOS M. So grateful for your dedication and hard work. These continuous updates are transforming the way I use my little camera

You guys rock!  :P

iaburn

I've noticed that the new 1620p mode doesn't show the image through the HDMI out, is it something fixable or is this mode too special?

Not directly related to this build, but another issue that I have is that the image through the HDMI port is blowing the highlights from a certain brightness, while they still look good on the camera display and the histogram is also not reporting any overexposed area.
I thought that it would be a setting on the monitor, but I cannot fix it.
Is it a known issue? Anyone else did also notice that?

Danne

Hdmi for this mode could be working. I did'nr look into it at all but there is a lot of nice code around HDMI from Bilal we could play with.