Workflow with new 14 bit lossless MLV files

Started by massimo volta, April 05, 2017, 11:00:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

massimo volta

Hello everybody, I just gave a try to the new 14 bit lossless files (more then 50% lighter then the original 14 bits) and I wanted to use them for an independent feature we're going to shoot in spain next month. I need help with one thing: all the converters I usually used with ML (raw magic, mystic etc) obviously don't recognize the new compressed MLV file therefore the only way to go is mlv_dump which is kind of tricky for me... Is there a way to use it as a batch converter? At the end of the day I'll have dozen of gigs of files and I must find a way to speed up the workflow and the conversion... Anyone could help me? Thanks, and god bless A1lex and this place: the true digital revolution is this.

DeafEyeJedi

If you're on OS X -- be sure to check out @Danne's latest cr2hdr.app which handles 14-bit lossless files with ease.
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

Witcher11

If you haven't found it already - this one is (IMO) the best one around. And will be the cleanest solution to all ML RAW footage in the future.

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=18949.0

tylannosaurus

How are you getting this new 14 Bit Lossless, and where are the options for 12 Bit and 8 Bit etc etc

I've got the latest nightly build, I've tried MLV 2.0, MLV lite, what am I missing here?

Roberto Mena

What is the default bit setting for shooting MLV video is is 12 or 10 bits and how do I change it?

juliusE

no more comments on this ?
could we have mlrawviewer for these files or somerthing similar?

nlhenry1

Quote from: tylannosaurus on May 16, 2017, 07:08:10 AM
How are you getting this new 14 Bit Lossless, and where are the options for 12 Bit and 8 Bit etc etc

I've got the latest nightly build, I've tried MLV 2.0, MLV lite, what am I missing here?

I think the various bit modes are only part of experimental builds for now (not nightlies). It's called compressed raw, and the 4k crop experimental firmware has it as well:

http://builds.magiclantern.fm/experiments.html