crop_rec on steroids: 3K, 4K, 1080p48, full-resolution LiveView

Started by a1ex, April 01, 2017, 11:15:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

etienne

Quote from: g3gg0 on August 03, 2017, 09:24:48 PM
sorry, not yet. quite busy with having a life ;D

this is totally unaccaptable!!!  So just to get an idea is it something that just needs works to be done or is it something that needs  some massive issue to be fixed and is yet still uncertain?

Walter Schulz

Stop trolling around, etienne.
This project is done by highly skilled people in their spare time not consumed by work, family, friends, household duties and other hobbies. For free, given to you free (as in beer). There is no schedule, time table, milestone to be fulfilled.
Top of page -> User Guide -> FAQ -> Troll questions sections

If you can't live with that you are free not to use ML but professional solutions more suitable to your needs.

Ceterum censeo experimental builds page esse delendam.

denishogan

Hi All

Thanks for this new enhancements. I will give this a go this weekend ie  crop_rec on steroids: 3K, 4K, 1080p48, full-resolution LiveView

Has anyone tried the  "Full-resolution LiveView: 5796x3870 at 7.4 fps (128ms rolling shutter) - continuous*) at 5 FPS!", if so, are you able to share the settings.

I may be doing something wrong as when I select this option the liveview on the camera is showing a pink scrambled screen. Any ideas or suggestions?

cheers
Denis

LAIYENSU

Hi what CF card speed needed at 5d3 to make 4k video? can use SD cards ?mine is CF 90mb 64gb only and i don't see any crop_rec_mo inside my latest magic lantern? my version is build on 2017-08-07, anyone can anwer me tqvm

hjfilmspeed

@denishogan im not sure but it sounds like your preview might be set to canon mode or real time. It should be set to framing. I would have to double check that tho.

etienne

Quote from: Walter Schulz on August 09, 2017, 07:17:24 AM
Stop trolling around, etienne.
There is no schedule, time table, milestone to be fulfilled.
Top of page -> User Guide -> FAQ -> Troll questions sections
Hi walter,
just read that faq didn't saw mine :)

Ok Sorry if i did not make myself serious enough. Just want to assure you that my question was definitly not about the when?

but just asking (to whom have taken a look into it) is this a reasonable hope to have? or do there is evidence already that it could turn out to be something like the RT preview with a big question mark on if this is even doabble...

but rest assure i can definitly live without just as i can definitly live without even getting that answer.

Have fun & peace.
D.

denishogan

Thanks hjfilmspeed

I followed your video with the exact settings but encountered 2 errors described below. I also then tried Full-resolution LiveView: 5796x3870 at 7.4 fps and got the same errors. The attached images are the settings for "full-resolution LiveView: 5796x3870 at 7.4 fps"

MY SUMMARY:
I tried the following :

1) video settings by Jonathan DeNicholas (https://vimeo.com/217313287#comment_15952088) How ro Record 3k on 5dmkIII with Magic Lantern
2) Full-resolution LiveView: 5796x3870 at 7.4 fps (128ms rolling shutter) - continuous*) at 5 FPS! - seeting at  14-bit lossless compression mode (LJ92), preview set to Frozen LV (previously known as Hacked Preview)

For both scenarios above the movie recorded and I extracted the DNGS using MLV convertor but could not open the DNGS in Photoshop CC 2017.
-The error was "Could not complete your request because the file-format module cannot parse the file." , see   attachments
- In bridge I can see each DNG file has many dots of different colors. ." ,  attachments

OTHER DETAILS
Canon 5dmkIII
Card 64gb 1066 compact flash
Using latest crop_rec_4k.2017 Jun 19.5d3123.zip
Using MLV convertor to extract DNGs

Photoshop error reading the DNG

What I see in BRIDGE- colored dots

baccinoluigi

QuoteThanks hjfilmspeed

I followed your video with the exact settings but encountered 2 errors described below. I also then tried Full-resolution LiveView: 5796x3870 at 7.4 fps and got the same errors. The attached images are the settings for "full-resolution LiveView: 5796x3870 at 7.4 fps"

MY SUMMARY:
I tried the following :

1) video settings by Jonathan DeNicholas (https://vimeo.com/217313287#comment_15952088) How ro Record 3k on 5dmkIII with Magic Lantern
2) Full-resolution LiveView: 5796x3870 at 7.4 fps (128ms rolling shutter) - continuous*) at 5 FPS! - seeting at  14-bit lossless compression mode (LJ92), preview set to Frozen LV (previously known as Hacked Preview)

For both scenarios above the movie recorded and I extracted the DNGS using MLV convertor but could not open the DNGS in Photoshop CC 2017.
-The error was "Could not complete your request because the file-format module cannot parse the file." , see   attachments
- In bridge I can see each DNG file has many dots of different colors. ." ,  attachments

Try to turn off fps override, i've never used it when i shoot in full resolution

denishogan

Thanks baccinoluigi for your prompt response. I will try that now.

I normally use Full RES DNG photo mode for extreme macro to save on my shutter count as some of these stacks take 100's to 1,000's of pics.

I am trying to do the same but using 4k video to save time. The example below is a reduced size macro. The full Res version is 10,467 pics Panorama (16,424 X 18,674 ) using magic lantern and perhaps a few actuations only. So my desire to get the 4k video Full Res working as that took nearly 2 weeks elapsed time in photo mode.

denishogan

baccinoluigi ,

I tried turning FPS off but same issue.  DNG has coloured spots and not recognised by CC 2017

I believe it has to be on as in FULL RES we must sate the FPS as shown in the documentation ie 7.4 fps , I believe

cheers
Denis

denishogan

denishogan

Hi Danne,

I did as you suggested but nothing occured ie no DNGs created but not sure what I did was correct with your utility.

I copied the utility into the folder with the MLVs
I am not sure what to do but at the cmd prompt, I selected 2 numbers, #6 then pressed return, then selected 11 and pressed return key. See the attached black screen image. Then I pressed "R" key and pressed enter... It seemed to do something. See the second screen capture. I copied the original MLVs into a folder called Originals and created 7 folders in the red box that I number as #3 however there are no files in it.

Danne

Just put the MLV files inside the batch_mlv folder and then double click batch_mlv.cmd :).
Then do additional settings from the menu and when finished select (r).

The automation process as follows:
MLV files are processed into folders with dng files and then the original MLV fileas are moved into a folder called A_ORIGINALS

The process is automated so user donĀ“t need to worry about creating any folders.

Should look like this.

denishogan

Danne

I did do that twice and it create folders but there are no DNGS in the folders

Danne

Hm, I see. Could you upload a sample file? If I can narrow down any issue I will fix it.

denishogan

These are my MLV files that I put in the batch_mlv folder

denishogan

Danne, how do I upload a sample MLV. I clicked attachments and nothing happend

Danne

You need a server host, google drive, dropbox, sprend or similar will do.

denishogan

Thanks Danne, I will upload to dropbox, may take .
wow, its very slow here, saying 1 hour left

In the meantime, base on the settings I used, is the Aspect ratio correct for the Full Res video of 7.4FPS. Alos I used Frozen LV
When I hit the play button I cannot see anything in Liveview on the camera, just pink scrambled lines
Is that supposed to be the behaviour.

Are you able to get the Full RES video of 7.4FPS. working?

cheers
Denis

denishogan

BTW I also tried RawFlow.exe and it extracted the DNGS from the MLV but same issue.

I am beginning to suspect perhaps my settings are incorrect in Magic Lantern so my MLV files are getting corrupted maybe,

Danne

Could be some corrupted MLV file. Let's see. Important though that you're using the latest versions of mlv_dump when processing your files.
Gonna be away from my computer for a while. Checking in tonight.

denishogan

ok Thanks Danne, its 11.43pm in Perth Australi, I am going to bed but will upload the file tommorow or if I wake earlier

Much appreciated

cheers
Denis

denishogan

Hi Danne

Here is a sample mlv as requested https://www.dropbox.com/s/lyjusbyn117t4xt/M12-1934.MLV?dl=0

Are there any Canon camera ( not ML)  video settings I should set?

cheers
Denis

Danne

Downloaded the file and run the batch_mlv.cmd command. All files were exported into dng files.

Note! Try all very basic when things are cracking. For example. A more basic folder name might work instead of with spaces. Worth a shot. My script is very basic.
*Can confirm spaces in root folder is not working atm with the script. Will check into fixing this.

After double click on batch_mlv.cmd this is my view. Then I just print r and enter and files are sent to a folder.