crop_rec on steroids: 3K, 4K, 1080p48, full-resolution LiveView

Started by a1ex, April 01, 2017, 11:15:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

g3gg0

Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

Quentin

I was using 4K 1:1
Selection PAL/NTSC mode or 1080/720p through Canon Menu, changing Aspect Ratio, was giving me some more resources for more FPS.
Then I switched to 1920 50/60p, 1920x1080.
I pressed REC and got a warning "EDMAC timeout"
Brick camera

Lars Steenhoff

Did you take out the battery before you concluded the camera is bricked?

DeafEyeJedi

Quote from: Danne on April 08, 2017, 11:22:44 AM
Not sure if this would help anybody but I put in a little simplifying doubleclick command and a howto for mac users here.
https://bitbucket.org/Dannephoto/magic-lantern/downloads/ROM1test.zip

Downloaded & ran the ROM1test (Thanks for that @Danne) and I was even more surprised by the result because I HAD USED the 2017-04-04 build.

Hmm... what gives?

By any chance could it be possible for some of us to have used this particular build and NOT be affected by the null pointer bug at all @a1ex?  :P

Also felt this was worth sharing after running the 2017-04-06 experimental build for 5D3.123 in case they give out hints or anything.

Some small bug I also ran into upon when selecting 45 in FPS override (w 1080p45/48 3x3 selected within crop_rec.mo) which then freezes the LiveView more than half of the time.

After each battery pull I had to immediately go back into FPS override and either put it back into 48p or turn it off to keep LV from freezing up again. This is reproducible.
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

Vegandelight

This might be a stupid question but should MLVFS work with the compressed 14bit files? im just getting pinkish static when trying to view them.

Tried the script on my camera and everything seems fine, i missed the April 4th update, tried all of the other builds ;)

Quentin

@ Lars Steenhoff

If the camera doesnt respond, on/off and I need to take off the battery, is considered as brick ?
Sorry if I didnt specify clearly :D

a1ex

@Quentin: ROM backup done, right? If not, save the contents of ML/LOGS from the oldest ML card.

Then, get a fresh copy of your (bad) ROM with the portable ROM dumper and contact me on IRC (online for the next 2-3 hours, but busy, then tomorrow at about the same time).

goldenchild9to5

@janvkem @Danne @a1ex Thank you guy's ran the test my camera seems to be Ok  :D

vstrglv

Quote from: a1ex on April 08, 2017, 09:22:06 PM
@Quentin: ROM backup done, right? If not, save the contents of ML/LOGS from the oldest ML card.

Then, get a fresh copy of your (bad) ROM with the portable ROM dumper and contact me on IRC (online for the next 2-3 hours, but busy, then tomorrow at about the same time).
a1ex, how to connect to you in IRC#magiclantern? I login in IRC#magiclantern with my nickname, but there is no yours nickname in the nickname list.
Canon 5D3,1.1.3; Canon EOS M,202,  CF-SanDisk Extreme PRO,160MB/s, 256GB, SD-SanDisk Extreme Pro, 170MB/s, 128GB.

Vegandelight

1920x960 50fps 3x3 pixel binning gives me static on all footage. Am i doing something wrong here?

dmilligan

QuoteTo decode, you will need a custom mlv_dump (also included). It works by simply dumping the lossless JPEG payload to DNG (that means, processing options such as bad pixel or vertical stripe fixes are not working yet).

squig

Quote from: Vegandelight on April 09, 2017, 12:27:49 AM
Am i doing something wrong here?

Yeah, you're using MLVFS, it hasn't been updated for these experimental builds. Use this: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=15108.0 or mlv_dump.

Quentin

I wanted to record h.264, my daughter with her new bicycle. No RAW, no anything.
Crop Mode and Raw Recording werent loaded.
The camera was recovered after a bad crash and removed the battery.
I never reset to ML defaults, or reload the modules as the usual procedure.

I shot 4 takes.
The two were MLVs.
I havent touched anything.
RAW recording enabled itself somehow

khamees1975

Hi Alex and every one
i am so sorry but my english very bad !!!
how i can upgrade my camera ?
is't free or i have to pay or what i am new here in this forum i don't get every thing ????
thank you

Vegandelight

Thanks for the response. Finally got a set of DNG's, wish they worked directly in Premiere.

Keep up the good work.

jankrueck

Quote from: DeafEyeJedi on April 08, 2017, 06:56:59 PM

hey @a1ex
is this any indicator for a bricked camera?
because this shows up to me, even though the script says, everthing is ok.

I have some troubles running those scripts.
not sure if I do it right. (I just take ROM1.bin from sd card and scan it via script.)

hjfilmspeed

Quote from: Quentin on April 09, 2017, 11:06:20 AM
I wanted to record h.264, my daughter with her new bicycle. No RAW, no anything.
Crop Mode and Raw Recording werent loaded.
The camera was recovered after a bad crash and removed the battery.
I never reset to ML defaults, or reload the modules as the usual procedure.

I shot 4 takes.
The two were MLVs.
RAW recording enabled itself somehow

Was ML still in the camera?
After you pull the battery​, on the next power up the modules won't load. If you power down then power back up again, the modules will load again with your settings and all. Could this be what happened?

Quentin

After removing the battery, its was an up normal shutdown.
Next day I turn on the camera to shoot my daughter.
I saw that the modules didnt load. Τhe setting werent reset.
I shot h.264, (I thought)
When I load the CF card into the computer, I was surprised.
There were 4 videos, two MOV and two MLV.

hjfilmspeed

@quentin  Do you remember what the record symbol looked like for any of the clips? Was it the Canon rec icon or did the cam beep then record like when it does for RAW. Also did you try processing the MLVs ? And did you test your Rom with the Python script?
You could also try recording again. Making sure that the mods are disabled for sure.
Remember that this build is bleeding edge.

Quentin

The recording icon was normal, h.264 and MLV however I didnt pay attention to the change.
I processed the MLVs, they were normal.
Nope, unfortunately I have no clue about python scripts, ROM processing etc.

I just checked the camera now.
Modules restored as the crash never happened.
Definitely I didnt reset to defaults and didnt select which modules to load.
I am familiar with this first-aid procedure and did it many many times.

GutterPump

I did a try too :

https://vimeo.com/212477560

3009 x 1280  + 14 bits lossless = continuous shooting.
Just don't shot in ETTR, keep an eye on the compression percentage and check the histogram and you're done.

I used the new amazing ew ML Cinelog-C to Ektar 100 LANDSCAPE lut of hyalinejim

aschille84

GutterPump

Greg

If anyone is interested I think we have everything to do it for 500D (Full res LV others will be useless - too slow sensor).
3 years ago I increased the width, but I did not know how to increase the height.

I suppose these are the registers (my old notes) :
ADTG[2]1172:     0x3d5 (was 0x667)
ADTG[2]1173:     0x39b (was 0x6e6)
ADTG[2]1178:     0x3d5 (was 0x667)
ADTG[2]1179:     0x39b (was 0x6e6)
ADTG[2]1214:     0x3de (was 0x622)

So look at crop_rec.c - /* some modes require additional height adjustments */

Danne

I,m interested. Got a couple of 500D cams at work :) Could you prepare a build for testing?