crop_rec on steroids: 3K, 4K, 1080p48, full-resolution LiveView

Started by a1ex, April 01, 2017, 11:15:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kharak

Reset ML to default and try again. I am sure your Lua scripts messed something up.
once you go raw you never go back

Walter Schulz

Quote from: g3gg0 on July 11, 2018, 10:42:23 PM
wow!
finally :D

And another FAQ entry in troll section going down the drain:
When will we be able to shoot in our Canon 100 fps, 200 fps, 1000 fps!?

When you buy this camera and slap a Canon sticker on it.

Wondering why it hasn't been hyped elsewhere yet ... CR, PP, EOSHD, Slashcam ...

Levas

Wouldn't call it usable as it is now, camera interface gets really slow.
Wonder if this 100fps also works on the crop sensor cams.
Could be even more interesting since the crop sensor cams have higher clock speed.
32Mhz vs 25.6Mhz...so who's gonna try :P
Someone could basically make a crop preset for 5x zoom mode in 720p canon mode.
Maybe even let the horizontal resolution and A timer alone, and go right for that B timer  :D

Levas

Did some testing on crop_rec yesterday and found out I haven't got audio with it.
Further testing revealed that I also get no audio when crop_rec is not used  ??? I get 2Kb wav files with mlv_lite...
Downloaded the newest experimental build from downloadpspage, still no audio...but audio meters are working while recording.

Took mlv_lite and MLV_snd module from the 20June crop_rec_4K_build and now I have working audio files with my raw recordings.

Is there something wrong with audio in the newer crop_rec_4K builds from the experiments page ?

Looking back through my files, looks like I got audio on 10th of juli and didn't have audio from 11 Juli until now.
I probably switched to a newer crop_rec_4K build on the 10th of juli, I always use the one on the experiments download page.
Looking at the mlv.txt files from mlv_dump, something went wrong in the crop_rec_4K build made on 3th of Juli and still ongoing.

g3gg0

recorded 128GiB videos *with* audio on 5D3 yesterday using crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd modules.
these modules were involved:

Block: VERS
  Offset: 0x000004b0
  Number: 12
    Size: 180
    Time: 514.940000 ms
  String: 'mlv_lite built 2018-07-12 23:13:23 UTC; commit f4213dd on 2018-07-03 23:10:22 UTC by g3gg0: mlv_lite: do not write all metadata again on every single chunk '
  Offset: 0x00000564
  Number: 13
    Size: 80
    Time: 522.548000 ms
  String: 'mlv_meta built 2018-07-07 21:51:13 UTC; commit (no version)'
  Offset: 0x000005b4
  Number: 14
    Size: 164
    Time: 530.489000 ms
  String: 'mlv_play built 2018-06-20 18:58:21 UTC; commit 0e38b89 on 2018-06-18 22:11:42 UTC by g3gg0: mlv_play: use less RAM, proper cleanup on error '
  Offset: 0x00000658
  Number: 15
    Size: 180
    Time: 536.738000 ms
  String: 'mlv_snd built 2018-07-03 22:23:18 UTC; commit 9ec9c80 on 2018-07-03 22:20:19 UTC by g3gg0: mlv_lite/mlv_snd: rewrote state machine and placed WAVI writing... '
  Offset: 0x0000078c
  Number: 17
    Size: 156
    Time: 554.623000 ms
  String: 'raw_twk built 2018-04-12 13:35:36 UTC; commit 6886061 on 2017-07-01 23:55:44 UTC by g3gg0: raw_twk: rework to support 16bpp input data '

mlv_meta is not public yet, used to count up take number in INFO blocks etc
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

ustik86

I was filming for the last 7 days using two most recent firmwares and can confirm, that sound recording works fine on my 5D3. All the videos i made have wav files on place and they are OK. Also I can confirm that I had some issues with sound before, but have no idea why it happened.

All my videos with fine sound were filmed in 1920X1080 29.97 FPS RAW.

Levas

ustik86

Also I noticed that in builds of July 4 and June 27 I have a right white balance after I mount MLV's via MLVFS, but in July 9 build white balance is "cold" - temperature on all videos is way more shifted to the 2500K.

Danne

Check your wb settings for "k" kelvin. If set to awb mlvfs goes for underlying kelvin numbers.

ustik86

I know that, but it was always AWB, and previous firmware versions sent the right temperature setting to Resolve through MLVFS...

g3gg0

did your change your camera's WB settings since then?

./mlv_dump <mlv-file> -v > out.txt

and check your log files for WBAL block, what does it say?
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]

Danne

Quote from: ustik86 on July 15, 2018, 06:13:30 PM
I know that, but it was always AWB, and previous firmware versions sent the right temperature setting to Resolve through MLVFS...

Mlvfs don't compute awb settings. Try again with older "working" builds and see if wb will change or stay the same.

g3gg0

but doesn't it pass thorugh the user's settings which are in WBAL block?

Danne

Yes, all other blocks/wb modes are recognized through metadata. Awb isn't. Is it possible to grab wb from awb computations and put the i fo in mlv metadata?
Havn't had much time to test the latest developments in crop_rec_4k yet though.

a1ex

Quote from: Danne on July 15, 2018, 09:58:30 PM
Is it possible to grab wb from awb computations and put the i fo in mlv metadata?

Possible, but not straightforward and likely model-specific. The coefficients are probably computed by the AeWb task. However, the MLV converters also have the option to implement AWB from scratch. I've implemented two such algorithms in cr2hdr, but still had to fine-tune their output in practice.

Danne

Yes, and algoritm is more precise than canon awb when comparing against whites. However, nice to "get what you see" in liveview as well when selecting half crappy canon awb computations  8)
How about a mlv_dump setting for auto wb like the one in cr2hdr? Actually a good starting point.

Lars Steenhoff

one suggestion for the MLV lite submenu,

MLV sound and H264 proxy should never be used together. 
Because it results in static noise in the audio.

So how can we prevent this from happing?

Perhaps auto disable mlv sound when h264 is enabled?
or put them together in a sub menu allowing only one active at the time:
MLV sound  or h264 proxy

Lars Steenhoff

One more related to menu's

I can't seem to add the individual items from the advanced submenu under Raw recording to My Menu.

g3gg0

i am still confused how an algorithm could reliably detect the white balance, not knowing
if the image contains a blue-ish picture on a ivory colored wall, or a window on a bright white wall where you can see the blue sky through :)

Danne

Hehe, it probably can't. Question. Cr2 metadata. Is that all gathered after a picture is taken? Is that also the case with mov recordings? I mean, the wb state in liveview will record mov files with awb as seen I suppose so where is that info pending before pressing record button? Aewb task as a1ex says?

g3gg0

Quote from: Danne on July 17, 2018, 04:10:33 PM
Hehe, it probably can't. Question. Cr2 metadata. Is that all gathered after a picture is taken? Is that also the case with mov recordings? I mean, the wb state in liveview will record mov files with awb as seen I suppose so where is that info pending before pressing record button? Aewb task as a1ex says?

i remember that i somewhen looked into this code, but hardly can remember anything.
had some stuff in the register map on wikia, but this was just the engine registers that calculated WB data.

limey

Sorry I've been away for a bit. I installed the crop rec experimental build and compared to the nightly for 5d 1.13. Has it been integrated into the main 1.13 branch? I no longer see the larger shoot options or a crop rec module.

limey

dfort

Quote from: a1ex on July 08, 2018, 11:40:48 PM
Still looking for addresses of ADTG 805F and 8061 for 650D and 100D. Currently, crop_rec doesn't load on these models.

Just following up on this. Seems simple enough. nikfreak found it them on the 100D. Anyone need some help getting these addresses for the 650D?