new computer will it work for post production with ML resolve and fcpx

Started by nikki, March 27, 2017, 08:54:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikki

Dell Inspiron i7359-4371SLV 13.3 Inch 2-in-1 Touchscreen Laptop (6th Generation Intel Core i5, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD + 8 GB SSD) , Silver

I just bought this computer will it work with resolve and fcp x with ML raw footage?

nikfreak

It will work but the bottleneck is the Intel GPU. It just depends on how fluid you expect things to work. Probably replacing the HDD with a SSD would be a good idea.
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

andy kh

Quote from: nikki on March 27, 2017, 08:54:45 PM
I just bought this computer will it work with resolve and fcp x with ML raw footage?

it wil not work fcp x. because fcp works on mac only. resolve 11 don't work on PCs that has no dedicated GPU. not sure about resolve 12. even if it works, its gona be very slow without a dedicated nvidea GPU
5D Mark III - 70D

reddeercity

Dell Inspiron i7359-4371SLV 13.3 Inch 2-in-1 Touchscreen Laptop
..... will it work with resolve ?

No To Blackmagic Resolve  --for that you need a Cuda enable GPU

forum.blackmagicdesign.com
Quote......  Resolve 12.5 now enforces the requirement that NVIDIA GPU cards support a minimum of CUDA 2.0.
older legacy NVIDIA cards that work in Resolve 12.3.2 and earlier, will not work in 12.5 and later.
Includes cards like GTX-285 and GT-8800.
FYI  https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-legacy-gpus , this ones don't work in resolve
geforce-gtx-465 is the new minimum entry level GPU for blackmagic resolve 12.5 , list of GPU's with CUDA 2.0 or more here

bought this computer will it work fcp x with ML raw footage?
Yes & No  ::)   It depends if you are making a Hackintosh or not unibeast-install-macos-sierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc
So if a hackintosh the GPU in the dell should be fine for FCPX , a little research show that dell laptop has a Intel HD Graphics 520 nothing special .
But the Hard Drive has to go far too slow , 500GB @ 5400 RPM good for storage not so for a  working drive .
I would upgrade to a SSD or at least a 7200 RPM Sata 6.0 drive , thou SSD's are as cheap as a spindle drive these days.

One more FYI  :D A few years back I bought a new Toshiba Satellite P850 -0C4 , i7 processor 3630QM (2.4GHz - 3.4GHz, with Intel 4000 gpu
Installed Yosemite 10.10.5 with multi beast bootloader (usb stick with helper driver for pc chips & OS Image .DMG file) , ended up with a mbp when all
configured .  I took out the dvd burner drive and install a second SSD for Windows , so at the bootloader I can select either Win or Yosemite , if I don't use the bootloader option
my laptop will load MAC OS as the default OS system . I use it on site mainly when I shoot for a long period of time to backup mlv raw with my portable USB 3.0 2TB raid0 box.
Sorry when OT a little .

Danne

Actually. I can verify latest version of Davinci resolve(12.5) works with my ancient Intel HD 4000 card on a macbook pro. No need for cuda nvidia card.

nikki

so I'll add ssd drive .. so on my way to building a Hackintosh