Help! 60D Stuck in HDR Bracketing Mode, Bracketing Menu Item Missing!

Started by 9balljunkie, August 06, 2012, 07:00:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

9balljunkie

I put my 60D into bracketing mode and now the bracketing menu item is missing and the camera is stuck in bracketing mode (2s).  Intervalometer also missing from the menu.

Please help, camera is useless now!

Malcolm Debono

You have hidden the menu items for those (missing) features. Pressing the MENU key while in ML menu will show you all the menu items and allows you to toggle which menu items are shown or hidden.
Wedding & event cinematographer
C100 & 6D shooter
New here?  Check out the FAQs here!

screamer

this reminds me a thing that i thought some days ago. that when you hide a feature, it should automatically deactivate himself.
logically speaking is strange to have a function working when it's hidden, anyway not a big deal, just a matter of "user friendly" approach. and could be interesting to have an icon, or a sign, something that says that in that page you have something hidden (so if you forgot it you can see visually that there's something hidden in that place). Of course should be something very small and non invasive
always trying to use the 100% of magic lantern..
Gear:
Canon 60D, all the samyang lenses, Canon 50 mm 1.4, Canon 60mm macro, Canon 70-300 usm, Sigma 4.5mm fisheye, Sigma 17-70 2.8, Canon 40mm f2.8 pancake, all the Lensbabies and a lot of other pieces, Flash metz 58 af2

Malcolm Debono

I have to disagree on that  ;)

The point of hiding a menu item is not only to hide features which you don't use, but also to hide those that you set & forget!
Wedding & event cinematographer
C100 & 6D shooter
New here?  Check out the FAQs here!

scrax

Quote from: screamer on August 07, 2012, 12:29:19 AM
and could be interesting to have an icon, or a sign, something that says that in that page you have something hidden (so if you forgot it you can see visually that there's something hidden in that place). Of course should be something very small and non invasive

It's already there, maybe only on the source code but it is show what's hidden.

And I agree with Malcom, set and forget too are used hidden
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

a1ex

The only fix I see is to make the text with "Hidden: foo, bar, baz" more visible (blinking?) and to add something like "Press MENU to show these back" (reworded in a very compact format).

9balljunkie