Dual-Iso "No Dual ISO"

Started by chadat23, March 09, 2017, 07:14:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chadat23

Using the Lightroom plugin 3.0-BETA3.3 (Lightroom 6.8) on Windows 10 I converted a mid-day timelapse sequence (lighting didn't change) where every shot had the same exposure. 40 ish photos from the middle of the sequence didn't convert and I still can't convert them; when I try it just immediately finishes and lists them under the "No Dual ISO" tab. I've had this happen before when processing gets interrupted for some reason and have been able to solve it by restarting my computer but it's not working this time. Thoughts? Thanks!

Chad

Walter Schulz

What happens if you drag-and-drop a single problem file onto cr2hdr.exe using Windows Explorer? Is the file processed after?

If not: Mind sharing some of the affected files? AFAIK cr2hdr will deny processing if unable to indentify them as Dual-ISO files.

chadat23

Also, I don't know if this is related or not, but all of the converted CR2s have grayed out thumbnails in the LR gallery and are marked with a black flag.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0Bws9ohqtRnYeTzEtVkFpUTdRelE

Walter Schulz

And what happens using drag-and-drop?

Quote from: chadat23 on March 09, 2017, 07:32:36 AM
Also, I don't know if this is related or not, but all of the converted CR2s have grayed out thumbnails in the LR gallery and are marked with a black flag.

If you are running export via
Context menu -> Export -> Dual ISO Converter (cr2hdr)
default settings (or settings last used) are applied. And "Set the original photo's flag to rejected" is default.

Use
Context menu -> Export -> Export...
instead to view and change export settings for plug-in.

chadat23

I dragged and dropped both unconverted and converted files over cr2hdr.exe from within the plugin bin folder and nothing seemed to happen other than a brief flash of the command prompt.

I never convert things that way so I don't know what to expect but no dngs ended up in either the bin folder or source file folder.

And I just took and processed a picture just to make sure there wasn't a more basic software problem. It worked fine.

Walter Schulz

I converted your file without problem.
Make sure to use proper cr2hdr.exe. Run command line for cr2hdr.exe and compare:

D:\Temp\Dual-ISO_chadat23>cr2hdr.exe
cr2hdr: a post processing tool for Dual ISO images

Last update: 1779727 on 2015-09-30 18:09:25 UTC by broscutamaker:
Merged cr2hdr-20bit into unified

chadat23

Ha, I updated to LR 6.9 in hopes of I don't know what, but still nothing. Fortunately the command line works.

It's still weird to me that it's not actually going through each file when it says that they're not dual-iso, it goes way too fast. It's like there's a log file somewhere with bad data but I can't find mention of anything outside of the User\{user}\AppData\Local\Temp folder, but clearing that didn't do anything.

Walter Schulz

Funny!
I have an error with LR, too! But it's not listed as "No DualISO" but in tab "Converted" saying it is not an image at all.
Command line working without problems, though.

@kichetof: Any idea what is going on? Running LR CC (2015.9 CR 9.9) in Windows 8.1.

EDIT: Tested with Version 3.0-170305-02-SLP-DEV without error!
You can download it from kichetof's Bitbucket repository:
https://bitbucket.org/kichetof/lr_cr2hdr/downloads/

kichetof