7d uncrop 5x footege

Started by Baladeva, February 26, 2017, 11:23:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baladeva

I have shot with the 7d at 2k with crop mode,now which program should I bring the crop to full?I have tried with PPro,but it did not work.
Please tell me how should I do it.

Frank7D

What are you trying to do?
1 - Re-size 2k to 1920x1080?
2 - Edit 2k as 2k?

Baladeva

When I import the footage,the size is still cropped. I tried to resize it,but nothing worked.
Means just when I record cropped,I see on the camera cropped.and when I put it on the computer,the video is still cropped like the camera was showing me.got what I mean?and when I try stretching it out,the footege stays the same.... :'(

Baladeva

I want to try to get the video to full size :)
I check the video of how to shoot raw 2k ,it said that when you shoot 2k or HD,the footege can be stretched out.now,how can I do it?
I want to edit 2k as 2k,or even 2k to HD,but just how to put it to the normal size,not cropped? :o
I exported to DNG  staight then I try stretching it out.am I wrong?should I do it before when is MLV?

Thank you

Frank7D

Not sure what you mean. In my experience "cropped" means using less than the whole frame, as in shooting "crop mode." In that case there is no need to stretch the video. Are you talking about some kind of anamorphic shooting where the aspect ratio has to be corrected?

Baladeva

Is like this,I start shooting the raw video,and I need to crop it first to shoot raw hd or 2k,so I did it and shoot my raw video.after when I finished I went to my computer and converted it to dng.with the help of AE I imported them.but when I watched the video the footege is still cropped like the video I saw on my camera when I cropped it.is not full as it suppose to be.

Walter Schulz

Sorry, we don't get what you are trying to achieve. Or in other words: We don't understand what you are asking.

Please give details:
- Exact resolution (width *and* height) set in camera.
- Exact resolution (width *and* height) you want to have in your processed output.

eNnvi

In live view you see what you get. The fact you see Just a Little of the whole screen is because what is visibile is what you get.

There's no "uncrop", when you record cropped Just a part of the sensor is recorded, while lv takes all the sensor. So se put Black bars to tell you "Hey what's behind the Black is not recorded"

Baladeva

All right, thanks all of you,I will try get a better explanation first and I will get back to you.

Baladeva

I have got the screenshot from my 7d.how can I post it?

Baladeva

Please give details:
- Exact resolution (width *and* height) set in camera.
- Exact resolution (width *and* height) you want to have in your processed output.

I set it to HD,1920*1080 and next to the resolution it said 4.37* if it helps,the ratio is 16:9,and I just simply want 1920*1080 output.
But is not about the resolution.is about the video.when you record zoomed in,in the computer will also show zoomed in,and I want to get it back to normal frame,not zoomed in.

Walter Schulz

Quote from: Baladeva on March 08, 2017, 11:33:49 AM
I set it to HD,1920*1080 and next to the resolution it said 4.37* if it helps,the ratio is 16:9,and I just simply want 1920*1080 output.
But is not about the resolution.is about the video.when you record zoomed in,in the computer will also show zoomed in,and I want to get it back to normal frame,not zoomed in.

Sorry, we have a serious communication problem! I'm confused about what you are trying to do and what kind of problem there is.

As far as I can follow your post you do have a problem with FOV (field of view) of your recording. Is this correct?

May I suggest to express your problem in your native language and hope for a native reader to translate it into something we can talk about?

EDIT: You are aware about crop mode records a *cropped* part of the sensor area (smaller rectangle inside 4:3 sensor area) and that it is impossible to have your footage contain anything outside of this smaller rectangle?

Teamsleepkid

the 1920 x 1080 is arbitrary. you recorded a video with a 4.37:1 aspect ratio. it will always be skinny. like me.

try to record something else and pay close attention to the aspect ratio magic lantern is telling you cause thats what you're going to get.

if it says something about "stretch" or "squeeze" then check that youtube vid i posted and unstrech it.
EOS M

Walter Schulz

4.37 refers to crop factor (FOV), not aspect ratio.

Teamsleepkid

good point. i guess I'm guessing he's using a strange aspect ratio though and not realizing it..
EOS M

Walter Schulz

I suppose confusion about crop mode/magnify button in photo vs. video mode. In photo mode magnify will change liveview screen to 5x but keep sensor area used for photo untouched. In movie mode magnify button will change liveview *and* active sensor area for recording. And it is not 5x, either.
It seems OP is not aware of the difference.

Baladeva

yes,i am not that good at explaining,but since i am out of my country for six years already,my language is not that good ether.

but as long as i understood,my ratio is 16:9 FOR REAL.

QuoteAs far as I can follow your post you do have a problem with FOV (field of view) of your recording. Is this correct?
ok,that sounds more like it.

now,for my way to explain it to you,HOW DO I POST A PICTURE!!!

sorry Walter Schulz and all the people who is trying to help me....i will be very great full!!!

Walter Schulz

Baladeva

all right, i think i got some better way of explaining it.

all right.this is the magic lantern on the 7d with out the raw video yet.

Baladeva

now,to shoot hd or 2k,i will need to crop or zoom it in.

now i will turn on the raw video.

and it will become like this.

but now when i finish recording and i exported to dng to my computer,it stays cropped.like this

how do i strech it back out to full size?

Walter Schulz

Already answered in reply #17: You cannot "restore' the image outside cropped area (=rectangle) because this outside area is not recorded in cropped mode.

eNnvi

Simple rule: what you see in lv is what you record and what your PC will see and everybody will see

Baladeva

All right,that sounds more better for me.thank all of you !