Previous topic - Next topic

megapolis

New features at Fast CinemaDNG Processor software:
1. Improved BRAW processing for BMPCC 4K and 6K
2. Support for Canon CR2 and CR3, Nikon NEF formats

The latest version of Fast CinemaDNG Processor could be downloaded here:
https://www.fastcinemadng.com/download/download.html

megapolis

We've released Linux version (Ubuntu 18.04, 19.10, 20.04) of Fast CinemaDNG Processor software which is working on NVIDIA GPU. It includes all features which we already have in Windows version, including the following:
1. Smooth RAW Video Player for MLV, DNG, BRAW
2. RAW transforms: MLV to DNG, BRAW to DNG, DNG to DNG
3. MLV / BRAW / DNG to JPEG/TIFF/EXR
4. Output to authentic Apple ProRes 422 LT, 422, 422 HQ, 4444, 4444 XQ
5. Bad pixels removal, dark frame subtraction, FFC, wavelet-based denoiser
6. Support of DCP and LCP profiles, 1D and 3D LUTs
7. Improved performance for NVIDIA Turing GPUs (RTX series)
8. Interoperability with external FFmpeg

Linux version of Fast CinemaDNG Processor could be downloaded here:

How to install Linux version:
sudo apt install ./fastcinemadng-1.0.10-4_amd64_Ubuntu_18.04.deb

megapolis

The latest version of Fast CinemaDNG Processor software could be downloaded at

megapolis

Starting from the current release, Fast CinemaDNG Processor software is free for non-commercial use.
The latest version of Fast CinemaDNG Processor software could be downloaded from

Danne

Nice. What about mac  8). Since linux is there, maybe not that hard porting this?

megapolis

Linux version is ready, but it's not yet updated to the latest SDK on CUDA. We will do that soon.
Unfortunately Mac OS is not compatible with CUDA, so we can't release the software for Mac.

theBilalFakhouri

Thanks for this awesome software, a great MLV viewer, works nicely :)

megapolis

You are welcome.
Please note that this is not just MLV viewer, this is a raw to rgb (raw to jpg) converter, which is very fast on GPU. You can also convert your MLV files to lots of video formats with external FFmpeg as well.
As far as concerns MLV preview, you can run it at full screen by pressing Tab and you can also upscale video output - these are quite useful features.

theBilalFakhouri

Yeah, I am fully aware of the conversations capabilities. I have used it many times, indeed amazing speed!

There are two downsides make me don't use the exported footage (compressed format) in a main project (except for proxies):

1- There no soft highlight roll off, the absolute highlights looks crushed. Am I missing something here?
2- Focus pixel fix affect the whole image, fastcinemadng doesn't use focus pixel maps. this might degrade image quality a little.

Quote from: megapolis on April 26, 2022, 04:24:31 PM
As far as concerns MLV preview, you can run it at full screen by pressing Tab and you can also upscale video output - these are quite useful features.

Cool! thanks for mentioning that.

megapolis

Quote1- There no soft highlight roll off, the absolute highlights looks crushed. Am I missing something here?
Would it be ok if it's like soft clip in Resolve?

Quote2- Focus pixel fix affect the whole image, fastcinemadng doesn't use focus pixel maps. this might degrade image quality a little.
Yes, this is how we've done that. We will check how it could be done on GPU with pixel maps.

P.S. Have you tried to convert MLV to DNG series with our software? You can also recompress existing DNG series as well.

theBilalFakhouri

Quote from: megapolis on April 27, 2022, 02:20:30 PM
Would it be ok if it's like soft clip in Resolve?

Sorry for the delay.

I don't use Davinci Resolve much, I can't answer this question without photos comparisons. beside I think highlight roll off in Resolve varies depending on color management and color space settings . . So I don't know how we should compare it against Fast CinemaDNG.

I am asking if there is a way to achieve soft highlight roll off in Fast CinemaDNG, more like what MLVApp does in "Profiles" settings.

70MM13

Is dual ISO a possibility for this software?

megapolis

For testing purposes we've done dual ISO, but it's on CPU and such an implementation would affect real time performance which is the key feature. We haven't added dual ISO to the software because we don't have that module on GPU yet.

70MM13

I hope that "yet" is pointing to a brighter future.

I hope you get it working.  The painfully slow processing times and flickering issues make it nearly useless currently.

megapolis

QuoteI hope you get it working.  The painfully slow processing times and flickering issues make it nearly useless currently.

This is difficult to forsee when it could be done. Dual ISO mode exists not only at Canon image sensors, this is also the case with Gpixel and CMOSIS. We have been developing GPU-based image processing software for such cameras, but none of the customers needed dual ISO mode up to now. So it's not yet ready.
Currently there is more sofisticated approach to enhance dynamic range. This is a Dual ADC mode at SONY Pregius image sensors of the 4th generation. Such a mode also exists at Gpixel image sensors as well. We've just implemented that solution on GPU and you can see more info at my article in the blog:
https://www.fastcompression.com/blog/gpu-hdr-processing-sony-pregius-image-sensors.htm

dream951

Quote from: megapolis on April 26, 2022, 01:19:20 PM
Starting from the current release, Fast CinemaDNG Processor software is free for non-commercial use.
The latest version of Fast CinemaDNG Processor software could be downloaded from
Good afternoon!
What does "is free for non-commercial use" mean?
Will the label "Demo version" disappear when exporting?
5DIII crop_rec_4k_mlv_snd_isogain_1x3_presets_2022May15.5D3123
Sigma Art 24/1.4 50/1.4 135/1.8 + Canon 24-105/4 70-200/4 + Samyang 8/3.5 + Helios 58-2

megapolis

QuoteWhat does "is free for non-commercial use" mean?
"Is free for non-commercial use" means that your can use it for free for your non-commercial projects. For commercial projects you will need to acquire the license.

QuoteWill the label "Demo version" disappear when exporting?
Please download the latest version and run it, the software should work without "Demo version" label.

dream951

Quote from: megapolis on May 22, 2022, 05:28:41 PM
"Is free for non-commercial use" means that your can use it for free for your non-commercial projects. For commercial projects you will need to acquire the license.
Please download the latest version and run it, the software should work without "Demo version" label.

Good evening!
I downloaded the latest version from the site, installed it, but still on the start screen the inscription "license invalid" and the export is still in the watermark:(
My hardware ID: xgHkoCCn40Aj/s+E/FnfyX2xuU50DVwCNgBC4gYSRRapgdxI2j7MqhaBw8+1Q/Ey
Sigma Art 24/1.4 50/1.4 135/1.8 + Canon 24-105/4 70-200/4 + Samyang 8/3.5 + Helios 58-2

megapolis

For free version you don't need to enter the hardware id.
We need that hardware id to issue the license, but for free version you don't need it.

dream951

Quote from: megapolis on May 23, 2022, 06:48:00 PM
For free version you don't need to enter the hardware id.
We need that hardware id to issue the license, but for free version you don't need it.
I thought it would help you to identify possible problems ...
Tell me, is there a possibility to export personal video files without a watermark or did I misunderstand you about this?

megapolis

QuoteI thought it would help you to identify possible problems ...
Thanks, we will check that.

QuoteTell me, is there a possibility to export personal video files without a watermark or did I misunderstand you about this?
Yes, it should work.

dream951

Quote from: megapolis on May 23, 2022, 07:38:12 PM
Thanks, we will check that.
Yes, it should work.
It's a pity that it doesn't work for me even after reinstalling. I tried logging the installation of your program in order to then delete its remnants manually, including registry entries, but even that didn't help. After rebooting and reinstalling, the demo mode still remains, but the most important thing is that my presets remain in the export settings via ffmpeg, which means that the program files still remain in the system and do not allow the program to perform a clean installation and not work in demo mode. This is my guess. Perhaps other users will also encounter this. I really hope you fix it :) This will be the best thing that has happened to me since I met magic lantern
With best wishes!

Dmytro_ua

Quote from: megapolis on April 26, 2022, 01:19:20 PM

This web page doesn't work in Ukraine. Is it russian hosting or smth?
5d3 1.2.3 | Canon 16-35 4.0L | Canon 50 1.4 | Canon 100mm 2.8 macro
Ronin-S | Feelworld F6 PLUS

Walter Schulz

Quote from: Dmytro_ua on May 23, 2022, 09:52:52 PM

Pretty much ru based.

dream951

Quote from: Dmytro_ua on May 23, 2022, 09:52:52 PM
Hi Dmytro_ua!
Use a VPN to access the site
If it's not difficult, could you write about the health of the program here after installation, it would be great!