Quick jump from PAL 25fps @1080 to 60fps @720

Started by laniwolf, August 05, 2012, 12:06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laniwolf

I live in PAL land so I shoot mostly in 25 fps, but at times I want to shoot slow motion at @60fps instead of 50fps.  In order to do this I have to first change the region to NTSC then I can get the frame rate that high.  A short cut to jump from 25fps, 50fps, and 60fps would be great.  Thanks

Alia5

I didn't test but i think it should be possible with fps override ;)
Just switch to 720p 50fps an then go for the fps override

Besides that, wy wouldn't you stick with ntsc? it makes roughly no difference.
I also live in a PAL country and never had any problems when using ntsc, and if you see flickering lights just play around with exposure time ;)

3pointedit

I think that the idea is to swap to more frames per second for better slo mos.
550D on ML-roids

laniwolf

Alias5 its easier for me to work with 25fps because it is required for broadcasting here, so having to deal with converting frame rates is extra work.  I also like the look of 25fps as opposed to 30fps but that is a personal preference.  And 3pointedit is right on the money, the higher frame rate makes a slower slow motion, which is what I am after.

juantrueno

The thing about using PAL - NTSC is the way how Video and sensor acts with light. Hertz are different in America and Europe. And that's why you need to use PAL or NTSC.
Canon 600D. Canon 18-135mm f 4/5.6 / 50mm f 1.8 / Yashica (Análogos) 28mm f 2.8 / 50mm f 1.4 / 135mm f 2.8
Vimeo.com/juantrueno youtube.com/juakinyan @JuanTrueno