Need CLEAR concise and simple WORK FLOW to make MLV files WITH SOUND into Movie

Started by aworkofmarc, February 12, 2017, 08:28:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aworkofmarc

Hello... brand new here. Seems like there's no standard work flow to get my MLV files from my 5D3 made into a movie with sound.  I tried MlRawViewer_1_4_3 and got the images exported to dng... then managed to open the dngs using Abode Bridge Raw Viewer and saved them out as Tiff files and then opened those in Premiere. However.. it did NOT give me any sound. What am I doing wrong?  Is there a separate sound file I need to import?

Is this the best work flow using a Windows 7 machine and premiere CS6

Any help is greatly appreciated.
If you can't fix it with a hammer -- Ya got an electrical problem.

andy kh

Mlvfs is the best. Simply launch it and u can start importing and editing those cdng files in davinci resolve or premiere pro cc.
5D Mark III - 70D

Ottoga

EOS 7D.203, EFS 55-250mm, EF 75-300 III, Tamron 16-300 DiII VC PZD Macro, SpeedLite 580EX II.

aworkofmarc

Re: MLVFS I'm a little stumped as all the tutorials I found are for Mac. Even the instructions on this forum are vague (for Windows).  When it gets to the part when it states:

Now, you can right click a folder (with MLV files in it) and go to "Services" > "MLVFS"
You will be prompted to select a mount directory (it must be empty)

THAT is for MAC. When I right click in Windows I get no "Services > MLVFS"

And so right there I hit a wall. Please help

PS Also can someone tell me why I see comments that the

"The camera produces .RAW files which need to be converted to something usable first. This can be done with an app they wrote called raw2dng."

When MY camera produces MLV files! NO "RAW" files found anywhere. And so the raw2dng utility I see everyone talking about is very confusing.

hyalinejim

Before I figured out how to get MLVFS up and running on Windows, I used this, which is really straightforward:

http://www.phreekz.de/wordpress/2014/04/magiclantern-raw2cdng-1-5-0/

Latest version is at the bottom of the page. More info here if you need it:

https://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5618.0

andy kh

5D Mark III - 70D

limey

I haven't used mlvfs on win in a long time, but I did have issues in win getting it to work right. I use it in Mac every other week and it's beautiful.

For win an easier solution might be to use mlv producer or mlv viewer and export those files and import into video editor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aworkofmarc

Thanks Guys..

@ Limey --I tried MLV Producer but the way the interface displays on my computer is that part of the text in the apps upper nav bar and some of the text at the bottom left is cut off making it too difficult to read or understand the text.

However.. MLviewer exports dngs ok... to which I can open with Adobe raw and save out as tiffs and then import them into Premiere... However.. where is the SOUND? Using MLviewer I could not figure out where or how to include the sound. :( Which is why I was trying MLVFS.

@ andy RE your reply: "There is a video tutorial in the first page for windows."

Yep. There it was all the time.. My FF browser blocks some content. Whereas when you said that I checked with IE and there the video was --plain as day. Seems like a kind of involved as compared to MLviewer. But again with MLviewer I do NOT get sound.

hyalinejim

aworkofmarc

@hyalinejim Ok. I'm SUCH a retard some days. TY. Sound was not enabled.