EF-S for crop mode/zoom mode?

Started by D_Odell, February 12, 2017, 07:58:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D_Odell

For example, have anyone tried a Canon EF-S 10-22mm, or other lenses while doing crop view on a Full frame Canon? Looking for ways to get a wider field of view..

Thanks for a reply!
5D3 [size=6pt](OLPF removed)[/size] :: 1.1.3 :: Canon FD L Serie

nikfreak

[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

mothaibaphoto

I do. 10-22 is a great lens for that. Just remove that plastic cover with a finger.
You can insert it later. Wider than 12 the rear lens can reach the mirror, so be careful with that.
It's possible to limit zoom wider than 12, but i just fix the zoom ring with tape.
That man from photography-on-the.net forum mention, that Phase Detection AF on 5D3 did not work.
It doesn't matter for me, as I don't use that AF on my 5D3 for video anyway.
But on 1Dx MkII AF works exellent and almost no vignetting in 4K mode at 14 8)

D_Odell

Al sounds good! I will look into possibilities with using a C-mount lens with an adaptor, they somewhat have the same diameter as EF-S but can be cheaper.

Teamsleepkid

is it even possible to use c mounts on cameras with mirrors? i thought the flange distance was way off?
EOS M

D_Odell

Quote from: Teamsleepkid on February 14, 2017, 01:03:10 AM
is it even possible to use c mounts on cameras with mirrors? i thought the flange distance was way off?
Depends on how you respect your hardware, I'm not worried of my mirror being broken, would have taken it of if it hadn't cost €500. The focus metrics will not work but it should work, but only in crop mode/zoom mode.