Image sequence in premiere is 25% faster

Started by Alexmach, February 13, 2017, 06:20:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexmach

Hello all
I am experiencing a weird problem
I extract raw file into cineform video compression and its all ok
but when i extract it in dngs then jpeg s through t lightroom and import the image sequence in premiere it is 25% faster
i checked all the jpegs and the were correct

For example:
lets say a 467 frames 24/fps is about 19 seconds
and when i load the image sequence in premiere total time of this video is 15 secs and the video looks faster
I shot the video in 24/fps and the premiere sequence is also the same

Any suggestions ?

NedB

@Alexmach: There is a default setting (Indeterminate Media Timebase) in Premiere which assigns a frame rate to an imported image sequence. In this case, it has almost certainly assigned a frame rate of 29.97 (NTSC) instead of what you want, which is 24. Find the setting and change it to 24, and your problem should go away.

Try this: Go to Edit>Preferences>Media... and change the Indeterminate Media Time Base to what you want (23.976 or 24)...problem solved.
550D - Kit Lens | EF 50mm f/1.8 | Zacuto Z-Finder Pro 2.5x | SanDisk ExtremePro 95mb/s | Tascam DR-100MkII

NedB

@Alexmach: Did that do it? It would be nice to know that you read the answer. Thanks.
550D - Kit Lens | EF 50mm f/1.8 | Zacuto Z-Finder Pro 2.5x | SanDisk ExtremePro 95mb/s | Tascam DR-100MkII

Alexmach

Yeap that was the problem !
Thank you very much :))

NedB