Development Thread: Footage for Mac (New Mac app for MLV)

Started by martinhering, February 12, 2017, 09:27:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

martinhering

QuoteI'm on 10.12 and it crashes too.

Same crash log message?
5D Mark III, EOS M, 700D

frenchps49

DeafEyeJedi

Thanks for the update. Unfortunately it just hangs and have to use Force Quit every time. No crash logs this time tho.

5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

martinhering

@DeafEyeJedi

You may have a lot of files, unfortunately I did not really care to make the database migration really good with UI and such. Try to delete ~/Library/Application Support/Vemedio/Footage and restart app. Sorry.
5D Mark III, EOS M, 700D

martinhering

QuoteWhere is it ?

Try Console app:

Should be a report starting with "Footage_2017-04-05..."
5D Mark III, EOS M, 700D

DeafEyeJedi

Quote from: martinhering on April 05, 2017, 07:30:15 PM
@DeafEyeJedi-
You may have a lot of files, unfortunately I did not really care to make the database migration really good with UI and such. Try to delete ~/Library/Application Support/Vemedio/Footage and restart app. Sorry.

That did the trick. Thanks for the prompt respond and unfortunately it just won't let me pick any MLV files. I click on it and does nothing. If I click on the '+' import again which opens up the window for me to select MLV's and again does nothing. Trying to make it crash in order to produce a log for you to no avail.

*edit*

It just hanged on its own after awhile of leaving the application running in the background with no files selected. Kinda odd but here's the log in case they are of any help or give out hints:

https://mega.nz/#!v48m0SaI!58WKUmnoHRPNJYgGoLYvvuEGSevuAydxQlov8CGgTFU

frenchps49

Sent crash log. Check PM.

Removed files in Library. App starts but doesn't import.

martinhering

5D Mark III, EOS M, 700D

frenchps49

Teamsleepkid

I'm loving it. Don't see any batch export though... I'm I missing it or it's not there? Dngs looks good opened right up in resolve. I've been noticing the files are straight 24fps. Might be better if they were 23.976.. thanks Martin:)
EOS M

timbytheriver

Thanks Martin

New build is working as expected for me now.

OSX 10.11.6
5D3 1.1.3
5D2 2.1.2

frenchps49

I wonder why I've got problems if others don't.

I'm on 10.12.4. Geforce GTX 675MX 1024Mo
.mlv opens fine in MLRawviewer 1.4.3

Lars Steenhoff

Great update, it seems that when I export to DNG and try to cancel the export is does not cancel.

Can you do animated thumbnails?  when hovering with the mouse

martinhering

@frenchps49

Try to delete the library once more and restart the app. The app should add a default folder called "Roll", which contains all MLV files that are not organised in folders.

@Lars Steenhoff

QuoteGreat update, it seems that when I export to DNG and try to cancel the export is does not cancel.
Yeah, I'll fix that.

QuoteCan you do animated thumbnails?  when hovering with the mouse
Probably not in 1.0. More important stuff to do at the moment.
5D Mark III, EOS M, 700D

frenchps49

Quote from: martinhering on April 06, 2017, 02:47:54 PM
@frenchps49

Try to delete the library once more and restart the app. The app should add a default folder called "Roll", which contains all MLV files that are not organised in folders.

Yeah ! It's working. Thanks!

Witcher11

This is amazing - the cleanest postprocessing app I've seen so far! Thank you so much!
+1 for video Histogram and Batch processing :)

martinhering

New Build 0.2.3 (119)

- Fixed frame rate issue in Cinema DNG
- Fixed cancelling Cinema DNG export
- Added exporting audio in Cinema DNG
- Added audio info to metadata view
- Improved 'Discolored Highlights' filter
- Fixed jumping preview images when changing raw sliders
- Fixed a crash

https://rink.hockeyapp.net/apps/3ed6ecf60e684239a6aba3d407cf3935/app_versions/60
5D Mark III, EOS M, 700D

Teamsleepkid

EOS M

frenchps49

With latest version, discoloured highlights is a lot better.

frenchps49

Latest version: problem on export as Prores. First frame is color corrected, the rest is very , very flat without color correction. Not tried as dng.

martinhering

QuoteLatest version: problem on export as Prores. First frame is color corrected, the rest is very , very flat without color correction. Not tried as dng.

Found the problem. It's an bug in the Recovery of Discolored Hightlights. I am currently working on a total new Defringing method. That should fix that. Hang on.
5D Mark III, EOS M, 700D

martinhering

BTW Here's a short sample of what I am working on right now:

The image on the right has been processed with my internal build. I get those magenta fringes all the time with my 5D MKIII. Is this a problem with the lens? I also get that weird effect when I preview the image on an HDMI monitor, also in Photoshop and Resolve. Anybody have any experience with that? Do you also get this when filming with the crop_rec module?
5D Mark III, EOS M, 700D

Lars Steenhoff

it looks like it chromatic abberation from the lens.  you could try an other lens that is better corrected to see if that makes it go away. stopping down the current lens could also make it less.

DeafEyeJedi

martinhering

I am using the 28mm and 50mm f1.4 non-L Canon primes and the 70-200 f4 L lens. The primes are a bit worse than the L lense, but I get it with the latter, too. And it's always around clipped highlights. Stopping down creates other problems like noise in the shadows.
5D Mark III, EOS M, 700D